Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Replay Oblivion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Replay Oblivion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Replay Oblivion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Replay Oblivion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Replay Oblivion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Replay Oblivion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Replay Oblivion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Replay Oblivion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Replay Oblivion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Replay Oblivion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Replay Oblivion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Replay Oblivion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Replay Oblivion

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

Replay Oblivion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Replay Oblivion   Replay Oblivion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 4:02 am

Here are pics of a few of the RuneSkulls by Exnems *think I got that right*. This adds skulls that can be used to enchant Weapons, Armour and jewlery similar to Sigil Stones but with multiple enchantments. They can be found randomly in caves and ruins. He has a placed a few by hand. It is up to you to locate them. They are also fun to spice up those dowdy houses you get. Add them to your stuff, companions' stuff or for sale stuff. Decorate you home.

[img]Replay Oblivion - Page 3 RuneSkulls[/img]
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Replay Oblivion   Replay Oblivion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 8:12 pm

Sorry the Runeskulls came so big, the dimensions on Photobucket were small so I didn't resize.

Interesting, I have played for over 200 hours. Have had three CTDs early in the game. One because I loaded a mod incorrectly and two unknown. May have been caused by adding mods that added NPCs. I am now back to being able to exit to the main menus.

Current problems are a conflict with Qarls harvest mod and Saddlebags_where's my horse mods. It is one or the other. I can use just the Harvest part of Qarls mod but not anything that affects horses. the thing that annoys me as I can't summon Chico. I have no idea why.l Have tried turning off a couple of mods that I thought affected it to no luck. At this point I have over 90 mods and tweaks installed. Close to 100. Which is a lot for me.

Her is my current load list in case someone can help me. I really would like to be able to summon Chico.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Replay Oblivion   Replay Oblivion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 7:55 am

Try running TES4Edit, it should tell you what compatibility issues you're dealing with.

I can't really help as I've never used these mods (except for a few of them).

Sometimes a very little (and unforeseen) thing can prevent you from running the game.
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Replay Oblivion   Replay Oblivion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 3:54 am

Actually the game is running great except for the problems I mentioned. I have added a New house "The Abandoned Mountain Cabin: that is unique and quite fun. You have to fix up the house and how you go about it does affect the outcome. It is found on TESNEXUS and I can get the link if anyone is interested.

Haven't done much because of a bout of ill health but am better.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Replay Oblivion   Replay Oblivion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 8:42 am

Good to hear you're doing better. I haven't played Oblivion lately as I couldn't resist the urge to get back to FNV. I still intend to take my character to Shivering Isles but I doubt I'll bother playing through the rest of the game.

I hope they get Skyrim right because I really find most parts of Oblivion rather boring and replaying through it isn't that much fun (the Gray Cowl part and the Dark Brotherhood quests were fun but the rest of the game feels like work, the vampire cure being a case in point).
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Replay Oblivion   Replay Oblivion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 3:01 pm

I enjoyed the Mage Guild quests especially with the expanded version. The old one. There may be an update I am not sure. I have been told by a person who should know that some of the mods have been updated.

I may do the Thieves Guild quests. We will see. Right now I have done a few of the sub quests but am mostly doing ruins and caves. Some of which I have never done. I have gotten side traced by these companion mods and the house mods. Abandoned Shack is completed except for finding two Easter Eggs which elude me. Maybe it is time to take off for a dungeon crawl. Could use some more RuneSkulls.

I had a CTD when I tried to fast travel from inside Choral to the abandoned shack. Reloaded and left Choral and had no trouble fast traveling to the 'shack' which is no longer a shack. Nice little place. Azella and Fergus are flirting. I need the book "Ten commands, Nine Divines" for Vilja which for some reason is not available in the IC.

Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Replay Oblivion   Replay Oblivion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 3:54 pm

Sounds like you're enjoying the game Nakia. I'm not really into Mage stuff I guess I should try some things out. In any case I'll try to play through Shivering Isles before Skyrim is released so I can uninstall the game from my drive and be done with it! Wink
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Replay Oblivion   Replay Oblivion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 9:03 pm

If Scythe doesn't update his mods I may head over to Shivering Isles eventually although the companions don't work well there. I mifht also install the Elsweyr mod it is back up. Guess the modders got a lot of requests. The companions won't work well there either but what the heck.

I am having fun with this game. No MQ, I don't have to do anything I don't want to do. It is fun to just wander about and try out new things. Got a CTD to the main menu. Have no idea way it was working and suddenly didn't. I think the exterior house may upset the AI.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Replay Oblivion   Replay Oblivion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 12:33 am

I am really frustrated. No matter what I do I cannot get the mod "Horse Management" to work properly. The spell "Call Horse" works. OBMM does not show any conflicts of any kind but I bought a bucket of oats and tried to drop it as per instructions. Instant CTD. I have re-downloaded, re-installed. Tried OMODing, tried manual installation. Nothing works. No one else seems to have a problem so it must be something I am doing wrong or not doing but what?

I can play the game. Oh I upgraded my video driver. But everything else seems to be working fine just not the meshes and textures in "Horse Management".
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Replay Oblivion   Replay Oblivion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 3:14 pm

Instant CTD may mean that some assets are missing so it's worth checking out if everything is in the data folder, possibly downloading the mod again to make sure everything is in the right place.

Then again sometimes some mods won't work with others and it's a pain.

You can try fixing this the old fashioned way, disable all your mods except the one you're trying out, if there is no CTD then it's definitely some sort of conflict and in that case try enabling mods until you find the one that conflicts.

Have you tried TES4Edit? I've posted a link above. I haven't used it with Oblivion but the Fallout 3 version has proven invaluable to me in the past.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Replay Oblivion   Replay Oblivion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 11:22 pm

Vorians who is very familiar with Tes4Edit says it may not help. It looks like a missing or misplaced BSA problem. What you suggest may be the best way to figure this out.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Replay Oblivion   Replay Oblivion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 1:59 pm

It's aso rather time consuming.

I'm not a big fan of BSAs. I like to extract them and see what's inside. Sometimes it helps especially if you're not afraid to get your hands dirty.

Like I said, it sounds like some critical assets are missing. Are you sure you didn't make a mistake while extracting or installing the mod? Once I copied some stuff to the wrong folder by mistake and it took me quite a while to realize what was the problem.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Replay Oblivion   Replay Oblivion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 7:10 pm

I tried deactivating everything but what I needed for the Horse Managfement mod and starting a new character to test. No luck. So it looks as if I have a corrupted download. Maybe the script or the icon for the for the dropped bucket. I get the the inventory icon. It is scripted and the dropped bucked is scripted for 'place at me'. Vorians has take a look at the mod and explained what is supposed to happen. When I have time I will re-download the mod and try again.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Replay Oblivion   Replay Oblivion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 9:27 pm

If it's not working after disabling everything then that's probably either the install that went wrong or the download that is not right.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Replay Oblivion   Replay Oblivion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 12:45 am

I will check it out after I get the New York business straightened out. It works for others so it has to be what you say. I think the best thing is to delete it do a clean save, download again and reinstall.

edit: One thing I did get working, two things actually. Chico, the pack donkey, script is working but qarls horse commands have stopped. confused The Construction Set Extender is working I think. I have to read the manual now to find out how to use it.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Replay Oblivion   Replay Oblivion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 7:34 am

This is my weirdest ever. Now Qarls' commands are working. I simply do not know what is going on with this game. Maybe I should pull out Dragon Age:Origins and see if it is erratic. Wonder if I would have to pay for the packs I down loaded before on the other machine again.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Replay Oblivion   Replay Oblivion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 1:55 pm

That sounds weird indeed.

Regarding DAO I'm pretty sure that you can download the packs you've bought provided you're using the same account.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Replay Oblivion   Replay Oblivion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 2:44 pm

Laughing If I can get into my account. I have a hard time with Bioware and EA. Took me forever to get the account set up and working in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Replay Oblivion   Replay Oblivion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 1:32 am

I don't play the Arena quests so normally if I murder someone it is by accident. I have no idea who I killed but Lucien Lachance turned up by my bedside in The Red Ros Manor. Fantastic character. He still sends a chill through me but a pleasant one. When that happens I wonder if deep inside I am more evil than TON claims to be. It is such a shame that he gets killed off but the vengeance is sweet.
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Replay Oblivion   Replay Oblivion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 6:08 am

I play Oblivion time and time and time and time again just to redo the Dark Brotherhood quests. The thrill of killing the entire family always gives me a pleasent feeling, and I absolutely enjoy the quest about the medicine swapping because the dungeon is awesome for sneaking around, the rush of adrenaline is awesome!
I always thought that the Dark Brotherhood should have been joinable in Morrowind.
I enjoy every single second of the Dark Brotherhood quests, until the very end -- merciless killing.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Replay Oblivion   Replay Oblivion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 8:17 pm

The Dark Brotherhood was probably the best done of the quest lines. I am hoping that they do as well in Skyrim. With the upgrades to stealth skills it could be outstanding. We will see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Replay Oblivion   Replay Oblivion - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Replay Oblivion
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3