Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Which side to take (FNV) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Which side to take (FNV) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Which side to take (FNV) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Which side to take (FNV) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Which side to take (FNV) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Which side to take (FNV) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Which side to take (FNV) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Which side to take (FNV) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Which side to take (FNV) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Which side to take (FNV) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Which side to take (FNV) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Which side to take (FNV) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Which side to take (FNV)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
dragoniguana
World Savior
dragoniguana

Which side to take (FNV) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which side to take (FNV)   Which side to take (FNV) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 9:14 pm

I could never do that, though. Veronica is absolutely my favorite character in the game by far, and I would never be so cruel as to wipe out her entire family.
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Which side to take (FNV)   Which side to take (FNV) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 12:06 am

A very dysfunctional family... Wink

There is a way to keep her with the Courier by picking certain options.

And I don't know about you but going to Hidden Valey without Veronica doesn't really give many reasons to side with the BoS. As a matter of fact if it wasn't for Veronica there would be no reasons not to get into a fight with them...

In Fallout 1 the BoS had an agenda but at least Cabbot was rather nice (very nice compared to Rhombus). I can't say that the way they treat outsiders got better with years.

If you haven't tried visiting Hidden Valley without Veronica first then you should do it just to get an idea of how the BoS treat outsiders...
Back to top Go down
PAULMCGREGOR
Velociraptor
PAULMCGREGOR

PostSubject: Re: Which side to take (FNV)   Which side to take (FNV) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 12:18 pm

I don't have Veroncia anyways. To be honest, I never really enjoyed her as a companion. I've had Cass around since the start of the game, I like her personality much more than the others. That's probably why there aren't to many good companion mods out there. They're mostly just busty chicks who give you the ability to do them every other second Razz
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Which side to take (FNV)   Which side to take (FNV) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 2:01 pm

PAULMCGREGOR wrote:
I don't have Veroncia anyways. To be honest, I never really enjoyed her as a companion. I've had Cass around since the start of the game, I like her personality much more than the others. That's probably why there aren't to many good companion mods out there. They're mostly just busty chicks who give you the ability to do them every other second Razz

I know exactly what you mean, I hate when games are too much like real life! lol!

My point is that if you don't have Veronica when you first visit Hidden Valley then you probably won't have too many reasons to side with the BoS. Basically they are taking your character hostage (after taking away all your stuff including your armour)... IMO you have to be a really good guy to play ball.

Hence the idea of wiping them out doesn't become so unbearable. It's just a question of getting the right tool for the job (or turning their own devices against them). Which side to take (FNV) - Page 2 741682
Back to top Go down
PAULMCGREGOR
Velociraptor
PAULMCGREGOR

PostSubject: Re: Which side to take (FNV)   Which side to take (FNV) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 2:30 pm

I see what you mean. And I remember that quest vaguely, but it's quite ironic since that's almost what Mr.House is making you do. Also, I was glad to kill Father Elijah in Dead Money, and he seems to be the typical BoS character.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Which side to take (FNV)   Which side to take (FNV) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 3:19 pm

Father Elijah is an absolutely brilliant character! In comparison Elder McNamara is a very mediocre guy who can't see beyond the limitations of the Codex and doesn't have the guts to do what Elijah did.

The truth is that the BoS is meant to be a military power structure bent on controlling technology and keeping it away from outsiders. They don't care about saving people, they don't care about sharing their tech with the world. All they care about is surviving and keeping their toys safely hidden from others.

There is a sort of bigotry involved. They are almost religious in their zeal and their mindset is marked by a deep rooted sense of superiority and exclusion. They are fanatics and xenophobes.

It's the Codex that shaped the BoS and allowed them to survive but ironically it's the Codex that dooms them to disappear and be forgotten.

Veronica may be different but she has to acknowledge that she can't really change much about the BoS tradition. She wants the BoS to get new recruits but that goes against everything the members of the BoS believe in.

Only a few individuals were able to enter the BoS and even then they remained outsiders.

Compare them to the Followers of the Apocalypse and draw some conclusions. Veronica even says so. The Followers don't even have the knowledge the BoS Scribes possess but they are striving to make the Wasteland a better place and sometimes they succeed (with some exceptions like Edward Sallow for instance).

Forget all about the BoS in Fallout 3 (the Outcasts are more like the true Brotherhood). These guys are not nice guys in shiny power armours. They aren't villains either. They have their own agenda and they aren't striking out to save the poor and the bereft of the Wastes. They don't care about outsiders and savages and only interact with them when they need them.

And as hard as you may try your character will never be one of them.
Back to top Go down
PAULMCGREGOR
Velociraptor
PAULMCGREGOR

PostSubject: Re: Which side to take (FNV)   Which side to take (FNV) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 5:06 pm

So the Followers are pretty much the new BoS in a sense? I was never really attracted to them, the whole idea is insane. The Mojave is nowhere near their goal and they're only a one million chance that they'll even get near what they're trying to do. Also, I was glad to see the Outcasts mentioned. I miss them, why weren't they mentioned at all in FNV? They were around 2277 and FNV is set in 2281.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Which side to take (FNV)   Which side to take (FNV) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 12:18 am

Outcasts were made for Fallout 3 because in this game the so called BoS were turned into a bunch of goody two shoes.

The Followers of the Apocalypse have been around since Fallout 1 and their goals have remained the same: gather knowledge and educate the survivors of the Apocalypse so the mistakes of the past wouldn't be repeated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which side to take (FNV)   Which side to take (FNV) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which side to take (FNV)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Belle Sakura Saloon :: The Gaming House :: The Lonesome Cowboys :: The Atomic Pistoleros-
Jump to: