Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Fallout 4 latest patch I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Fallout 4 latest patch I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Fallout 4 latest patch I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Fallout 4 latest patch I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Fallout 4 latest patch I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Fallout 4 latest patch I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Fallout 4 latest patch I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Fallout 4 latest patch I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Fallout 4 latest patch I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Fallout 4 latest patch I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Fallout 4 latest patch I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Fallout 4 latest patch I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Fallout 4 latest patch

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Fallout 4 latest patch Empty
PostSubject: Fallout 4 latest patch   Fallout 4 latest patch I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2016 4:33 pm

So it's supposed to take the survival mode out of beta which seems like a fine addition since it's supposed to add some challenge to the game. I personally don't care much for fast travel but preventing players from saving their progression sounds like a terrible idea... Who has the time to play that way and risk losing hours of progress because of a stroke of bad luck or simply a bug?

I think I'll pass unless there is a way of saving the game because that's just too much of a hassle.

What about you? Are you going to give the new difficulty mode a go?
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 latest patch   Fallout 4 latest patch I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2016 6:30 pm

Fuck. No.

I've watch MaTN play on survival and it's basically Fallout 4 for masochists. I'm all up for a good challenge but that is ridiculous -- like getting ash blossom from the Glowing Sea to craft antibiotics, and having stimpacks locked behind chemist. And never mind rad-away which makes you more vulnerable to diseases. Drugs also have significant penalties, which I get, they're garbage and playing with them is dangerous, but still.

Although to be fair, diseases and rads can be removed without penalties by doctors, but requires going back to a settlement and that's more trouble than it's worth.

It's hardcore mode from NV on steroids. Challenge is fine but survival mode is a pain in the arse. So no thanks.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 latest patch   Fallout 4 latest patch I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2016 7:18 pm

I didn't look into the details but it seems to be about adding annoying stuff rather than making things challenging. Going back and forth can get old pretty fast but having to do so without having the luxury to save anywhere in between, it seems like a joke.
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 latest patch   Fallout 4 latest patch I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2016 7:30 pm

In this mode you have no choice but to get settlements going to rake in the cash and resources. Hunting down the ultra-rare Ash Blossom everytime you need antibiotics is a royal pain in the arse, and you can't farm it either. Although to be fair you can buy it from doctors, though not all of them have it and it's on the pricey side.

Also, when you get to various degrees of hunger, you won't get any of the roasted meats' special effects -- I.E extra carry capacity of Radstag meat -- until your hunger is sated. Gettin a supply of purified water isn't an issue with settlements (and you can also fill empty bottles you pick up at purified water sources), but locking stimpack crafting behind chemist is kind of a dick move.

Healing rads on your own, taking drugs and such penalizes you, and running back to a settlement is pretty much just as penalizing. I get the element of realism they were after with this mode, but there is a very fine line between realistic and pissant. NV's hardcore mod did things better than Survival mode does. I'd play NV's hardcore mode anytime, but I am not touching Survival with a 10-foot pole.
Back to top Go down
Kana
Catnip Purveyor
Kana

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 latest patch   Fallout 4 latest patch I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2016 9:41 pm

I wonder if this mod, or one like it, would allow you to save in the wilderness by camping.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11734/?

I like the sound of the changes to combat, where both the player and enemies die much quicker. Usually, in Bethesda games, turning up the difficulty just turns the enemies into terrible bullet sponges, and that's boring. If I could have just the combat changes, I'd probably like it.
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 latest patch   Fallout 4 latest patch I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2016 10:27 pm

Carry weight is significantly decreased as well. There's a new system called Adrenaline, the more enemies you kill the higher your adrenaline gets and the more damage you do. Adrenaline resets when you sleep, but that's one thing I liked about the Survival patch, it nails the "cornered animal is very dangerous" mantra.

A camping mod to allow you to save a little more often would indeed be a nice compromise, I agree. If you enjoyed Hardcore mode in New Vegas you'd probably get some enjoyment out of Survival mode, but just keep in mind that some things generally tend to err on the unfair side, to say the least.  The penalties for hunger, thirst and sleep deprivation are pretty damn steep and can be downright crippling when you're lost in the middle of nowhere with no beds in sight and like I said healing rads on your own penalizes you and makes you more susceptible to diseases and being stuck to go back to the Glowing Sea to restock on Ash Blossom is quite a massive inconvenient (he massively understated).
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 latest patch   Fallout 4 latest patch I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 7:24 am

Once the editor is out modifying the game so it is challenging but not needlessly punishing and irritating shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Hopefully by then I'll have completed the main quest (it's such a drag).
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 latest patch   Fallout 4 latest patch I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 7:45 am

It is, and all the other factions are garbage as well
Back to top Go down
Kana
Catnip Purveyor
Kana

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 latest patch   Fallout 4 latest patch I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 12:06 am

There seems to be quite a few mods on Bethesda.net that change how the survival mode functions. I also found one that applies the survival damage modifiers to the other difficulties, which is all I really wanted.

https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/fallout4/mod-detail/806722
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 latest patch   Fallout 4 latest patch I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fallout 4 latest patch
Page 1 of 1