Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Fallout 3 Is Garbage, And Here's Why - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Fallout 3 Is Garbage, And Here's Why - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Fallout 3 Is Garbage, And Here's Why - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Fallout 3 Is Garbage, And Here's Why - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Fallout 3 Is Garbage, And Here's Why - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Fallout 3 Is Garbage, And Here's Why - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Fallout 3 Is Garbage, And Here's Why - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Fallout 3 Is Garbage, And Here's Why - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Fallout 3 Is Garbage, And Here's Why - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Fallout 3 Is Garbage, And Here's Why - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Fallout 3 Is Garbage, And Here's Why - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Fallout 3 Is Garbage, And Here's Why - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Fallout 3 Is Garbage, And Here's Why

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

Fallout 3 Is Garbage, And Here's Why - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 Is Garbage, And Here's Why   Fallout 3 Is Garbage, And Here's Why - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2016 6:24 am

Not having to deal with bloody raiders and gunners would be a blast of fresh air to say the least!
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 Is Garbage, And Here's Why   Fallout 3 Is Garbage, And Here's Why - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2016 8:00 am

I can't say I'm happy with Bethesda's attitude on mods. They're making it unnecessarily harder to enable esps and they're disabling achievements for modded games which is rather pointless in a single player game (the only use of achievements for me is to keep track of my overall process, I won't go out of my way just to pick one). There are ways around those issues but it's still a nuisance.

I can't help but feeling this is all part of a larger plan that involves them taking control of user mods and making sure that we can only work through the limits of the editor. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 Is Garbage, And Here's Why   Fallout 3 Is Garbage, And Here's Why - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2016 8:38 am

I can't help but feel this very well could be a side effect of modding being introduced for the console peasants -- theirs is a very controlled and locked down environment so it would make sense that Beth would want the same amount of control on PC. And seeing as almost every bloody game is made for those idiot boxes first and then made into a shitty, watered down port, it makes sense that Beth would stretch this asinine system to PC as well.

I have a feeling that the paid mod failed experiment is a sign of things to come. They'll lock down the games to cripple "unofficial" mods and only allow those with their blessing AKA those they can get cold, hard cash for.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 Is Garbage, And Here's Why   Fallout 3 Is Garbage, And Here's Why - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2016 10:27 am

Great signature BZ. Twisted Evil

You can bet that the paid mods model is coming back. It's just too lucrative for Bethesda to pass on.

Consoles are the limiting factor and to justify people spending their money on outdated machines they make sure the PC versions don't take full advantage of the hardware. It's a shitty state of affairs and the only advantage with games being made for consoles is that as long as the current gen lasts we don't need to upgrade our PCs to take advantage of newer titles. If a game can run on a PS4 (or even worse a crappy Xbox) then it stands to reason that a sloppy PC port should run on a machine that puts the best console on the market to shame. It's hardly a silver lining but it's the best I can come up with.
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 3 Is Garbage, And Here's Why   Fallout 3 Is Garbage, And Here's Why - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fallout 3 Is Garbage, And Here's Why
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2