Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Stardew Valley I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Stardew Valley I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Stardew Valley I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Stardew Valley I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Stardew Valley I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Stardew Valley I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Stardew Valley I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Stardew Valley I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Stardew Valley I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Stardew Valley I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Stardew Valley I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Stardew Valley I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Stardew Valley

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sue77
Enlightened Viewer
Sue77

Stardew Valley Empty
PostSubject: Stardew Valley   Stardew Valley I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 12:43 pm

Stardew Valley is my go-to game when I wish to relax. Yet, relaxing as it is, there is a level of challenge; gaining Grandpa's approval by the beginning of year three, repairing the Community Centre, getting to the bottom of the first mine then level 100 of the Skull Cavern mine, and fishing enough to get a Stardrop from Willy.

One of the aspects I love, is designing my farm. There is a lot of choice and different pathways a player can take. This, I think, is why the game has such appeal. It's possible to plan different approaches and experiment. Part of the fun is challenging yourself to try something different. The variety of farms assists with this.

Right now, I'm farming on the farm where all sorts of beasties appear when night falls. Although this aids with raising your combat skill, to begin you're ill equipped to go on a killing spree and survive. I decided to farm for at least the first year without purchasing any animals apart from a horse. I've got my level 3 barn and coop ready, but no animals as yet. Instead I'm focusing on getting to level 100 of the Skull Cavern. Thanks to the Gypsy cart, I manged to get a get the greenhouse up and running by mid-winter and, by raising my forage skill level to 10, made a mint out of iridium level Winter crops.

I rarely get married, but this time I just might ask Krobus to move in.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Stardew Valley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stardew Valley   Stardew Valley I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 6:32 pm

I've realised that I've started on the forest map which is not the regular one...

It took me a while to realise I needed scarecrows and I basically deal with chores in the most haphazard fashion.

Let's face it my farm is a bit of a mess but I have a pet dog called Puss. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Sue77
Enlightened Viewer
Sue77

Stardew Valley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stardew Valley   Stardew Valley I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 9:14 pm

Laughing Well, the names I call my animals may give you a bit of a giggle.

Cat - Mr Tibbs
Horse - Biscuit (that's what the colour makes me think of)
Cow - Daisy
Goat - Gertie (after an overbearing woman at bridge)
Pigs - Winston and Winnie
Hens - Henrietta and Picky Pecker
Duck - Duckie
Rabbits - Peter (Beatrice Potter) and Petra

My farm is pretty organised with lots of flowers and honey Razz

One thing I love is how any barn animal can give birth, including one that's on it's own.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Stardew Valley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stardew Valley   Stardew Valley I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2020 9:27 pm

I like Daisy for a cow, I may have to steal that one from you.

If I ever get a cow that is... Very Happy

I didn't know the game featured parthenogenesis. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sue77
Enlightened Viewer
Sue77

Stardew Valley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stardew Valley   Stardew Valley I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2020 7:34 pm

Build a silo before you buy any animals Smile
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Stardew Valley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stardew Valley   Stardew Valley I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2020 10:18 am

Makes sense, thanks for the tip, I'm truly terrible at this type of games. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sue77
Enlightened Viewer
Sue77

Stardew Valley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stardew Valley   Stardew Valley I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2020 11:12 am

I wouldn't worry, not building a silo first caught a lot of players out in the early days.

The game tells you to 'build a coop' but, happy hens need food. So your coop needs to be placed where they have easy access to grass. On rainy and cold days, you need to take food from the receptacle in the coop and place it on a feeding bench. The receptacle is automatically supplied by a silo. If you don't feed them, you get grumpy hens and no eggs.

Btw, male animals can also give birth.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Stardew Valley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stardew Valley   Stardew Valley I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2020 8:59 pm

I don't like poultry. I was assaulted by a rooster when I was a toddler (true story, I still have a scar just above my left eye) so I will eat coq au vin but I don't like the idea of having them around. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sue77
Enlightened Viewer
Sue77

Stardew Valley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stardew Valley   Stardew Valley I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2020 8:16 am

That sounds nasty. Poor you!

I and a boyfriend were nearly crushed by cows when I was 17. We were saved by the farmer. I've been wary of cows ever since.

I can cope with cows in Stardew though. It might be because of the cute heart that appears when you pet them. :p
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Stardew Valley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stardew Valley   Stardew Valley I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2020 12:34 pm

I don't mind cows but then I've always have a safe respect for this animals considering I grew up in a tiny village and I had to drive my bike around cow dung splattered on the road. Razz

I was very lucky not to lose an eye because of that rooster. In the end I got my revenge since my grandfather killed it and we ate coq au vin the next day.

That's how I roll, if something makes me bleed I'm going to make a meal out of it and season it with red wine! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

Stardew Valley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stardew Valley   Stardew Valley I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2022 5:12 am

This thing is an unholy time vampire.
Back to top Go down
Sue77
Enlightened Viewer
Sue77

Stardew Valley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stardew Valley   Stardew Valley I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2022 9:57 am

Blood Red Eagle wrote:
This thing is an unholy time vampire.

Tell me about it... Laughing

cat
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Stardew Valley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stardew Valley   Stardew Valley I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2022 2:16 pm

Ironically that's the reason I'm not playing it more. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sue77
Enlightened Viewer
Sue77

Stardew Valley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stardew Valley   Stardew Valley I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2022 8:01 pm

Darn it, I missed making 1 million in my first year by just 2,500.

Bah.

cat
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Stardew Valley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stardew Valley   Stardew Valley I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2022 9:37 pm

That was close... Impressive!
Back to top Go down
Sue77
Enlightened Viewer
Sue77

Stardew Valley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stardew Valley   Stardew Valley I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2022 8:35 am

Frustratingly so.

The trick to achieving this is: constant foraging, upgrading tools asap and fish, fish, fish, strawberry jam! Mine mine mine, sprinklers! Fish fish fish, jam jam jam, mine mine mine, minecarts! Fish fish fish, Desert Bus! Star fruit! Jam jam jam, beer!

I'm sure you get the picture. Very Happy

cat
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Stardew Valley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stardew Valley   Stardew Valley I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2022 7:06 pm

I did try some fishing but never got anywhere lol.
Back to top Go down
Sue77
Enlightened Viewer
Sue77

Stardew Valley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stardew Valley   Stardew Valley I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2022 7:38 pm

Fishing gets easier, but there's a knack. There's a few things you can do to help make it easier:

1. Willy has a training rod
2. He also sells trout soup (+1 to level)
3. Complete the crab pot bundle and use them to raise your fishing level up to 2 or 3
4. Fish in the river on a sunny day into the evening. Sunfish and Bream are very easy to catch, as are Carp in the Mountain lake.

cat
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Stardew Valley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stardew Valley   Stardew Valley I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2022 8:46 pm

Thanks for the tips. Ok now I need to try that -next time I get some time to play games that is. Smile
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

Stardew Valley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stardew Valley   Stardew Valley I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2022 9:43 pm

I usually farm like a madman during all seasons and focus on fishing and the mines in winter.
Back to top Go down
Sue77
Enlightened Viewer
Sue77

Stardew Valley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stardew Valley   Stardew Valley I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2022 8:10 am

Blood Red Eagle wrote:
I usually farm like a madman during all seasons and focus on fishing and the mines in winter.

Farming is hard work - how do you cope without sprinklers?

I tend to focus on making and using the gold/silver ones asap as it saves so much energy.

Mind you, one of the reasons I love this game is there are so many ways you can spend your time in game.

cat
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Stardew Valley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stardew Valley   Stardew Valley I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2022 6:22 pm

Personally I just keep faffing about without making plans. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

Stardew Valley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stardew Valley   Stardew Valley I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2022 6:53 pm

I built my well in a central location and farmed around it. I have did some mine levels to gather enough copper and iron to build about 10 sprinklers and the copper watering can but I am nowhere near done with the mines. I tend to stick with crops that keep growing also. I have silos and some animals also plus a fish pond with super cucumbers.
Back to top Go down
Sue77
Enlightened Viewer
Sue77

Stardew Valley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stardew Valley   Stardew Valley I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2022 10:22 am

Those made from copper and iron are all but useless IMHO. The ones made using gold and iron are much better until you can access the Skull mines.

Farm plan sounds cool - pictures!

cat
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

Stardew Valley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stardew Valley   Stardew Valley I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2022 6:09 pm

I am in the process of nuking Win11 from my NVME SSD so for now the only games I can play are those running on BSD. I have not yet found a satisfying way to run GOG stuff on BSD...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Stardew Valley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stardew Valley   Stardew Valley I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stardew Valley
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Belle Sakura Saloon :: The Gaming House :: The Hole in the Wall-
Jump to: