Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
DDS Converter Problems I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
DDS Converter Problems I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
DDS Converter Problems I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
DDS Converter Problems I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
DDS Converter Problems I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
DDS Converter Problems I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
DDS Converter Problems I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
DDS Converter Problems I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
DDS Converter Problems I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
DDS Converter Problems I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
DDS Converter Problems I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
DDS Converter Problems I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

DDS Converter Problems

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

DDS Converter Problems Empty
PostSubject: DDS Converter Problems   DDS Converter Problems I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 8:37 am

I used DDS Converter quite successfully in the past but haven't used it for a while. When I went to use it it upgraded and I can't get it to work. It simply will not convert between DDS files and Jpeg, jpg files. The convert button remains greyed out. Didn't find a help included may be one online. Didn't notice.

Can anyone help me? Please. I am very frustrated.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: DDS Converter Problems   DDS Converter Problems I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 2:15 pm

I use Paint.NET to convert files and GIMP to work on DDS files. Paint.NET is really easy to use.
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: DDS Converter Problems   DDS Converter Problems I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 4:57 pm

Thanks, Cara, I will check it out. I use gimp for texturing. Paint.NET eh?
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: DDS Converter Problems   DDS Converter Problems I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 5:08 pm

http://www.getpaint.net/

Think of it as a better version of the old classic. I like simple tools for their ease of use. More complicated softwares are useful as long as you know how to use them and really need them. For basic stuff (simple retexturing and conversion) the two programs I've mentioned above are fine.

I also like IrfanView as it's really handy but I don't think it can handle DDS files. I've used IrfanView to edit the picture I've chosen as my avatar (see the original picture by Brom: link -the Madness in Freeport cover).
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: DDS Converter Problems   DDS Converter Problems I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 11:07 pm

I downloaded paint.net and tried it out. Awesome! It is very easy to use. Thank you for telling me about it. Laughing I may spend the next week retexturing the whole ancient Egyptian world. Pharaohs will be turning over in their tombs. I wonder how the nobles would like purple houses. My well to do farmers have a white. Bakeries, brick and papyrus makers were supposed to be yellowish but look more white in-game need to work on that. Temples I had done some time ago.

By the time Skyrim comes out I should be ready to do some retexturing there.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: DDS Converter Problems   DDS Converter Problems I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 11:25 pm

Have fun honing your retexturing skills Nakia! Wink
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: DDS Converter Problems   DDS Converter Problems I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 10:56 am

I am really impressed by Paint.net. It is easy to work with. Now if I could just figure out how to get some decent pictures up here I could show you what I have been playing with.

I love doing retexturing and am having a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: DDS Converter Problems   DDS Converter Problems I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 12:41 pm

You can use this to upload screenshots: link. Just make sure you copy the link for the fullscale picture and not the stamp. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DDS Converter Problems   DDS Converter Problems I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DDS Converter Problems
Page 1 of 1