Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Advertisements I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Advertisements I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Advertisements I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Advertisements I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Advertisements I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Advertisements I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Advertisements I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Advertisements I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Advertisements I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Advertisements I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Advertisements I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Advertisements I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Advertisements

Go down 
+3
Trip
OldCoot46
Nakia the Rogue
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

Advertisements Empty
PostSubject: Advertisements   Advertisements I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 2:47 am

Not really a maintenance question but I figure this is a good place to post this as anywhere else.

I wonder if anyone clicks on our advertisements. I have actually found several things that interest me. In fact a lot of things but since I no longer have a horse saddles aren't much use to me except as decoration. Wouldn't mind a small replica of a carosal horse.

Found the American Library that publishes a free short story of the week. Found some other things that might or might not be useful but I clicked and looked. The ads are in my opinion unobtrusive and don't suddenly download a bunch of junk just because you clicked.

Do any of you ever click on the ads? Do you even look at them? What do you Brits get? I rather liked the French ads but they seem to have disappeared from my area. A lot of western ads. Did you know Canada has a West? Well of course it has a western area everything does but a Western area. Never crossed my mind. Do they have rodeos and gunslingers and all that stuff? What is the Canadian west like or rather what was it like?

Blast the older I get it seems the less I know and I am not talking about senility. There is just so much out there. I may have to live to 100 except if I do I will probably find I am really, really stupid. Maybe I should try one of those pills that claims to rejuvenate you, make you younger, sexier and smarter. Live to 120 and see just how lacking in knowledge I can get.

That sexier bit might be a problem since there aren't any smart, sexy, youthful men here. Not much in the way of men. More men should take those pills although that would mean mainly keeping their wives company. Not much help for me.

Advertisements 336536 Advertisements 738318
Back to top Go down
OldCoot46
Veteran
OldCoot46

Advertisements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertisements   Advertisements I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 3:50 am

I don't even see any ads anywhere, but every so often, I get a drop down that tells me I need to install some plugin and when I click it, its tells me no plugin found for installation. Advertisements Girl-smiley-shrug-gigi
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

Advertisements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertisements   Advertisements I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 4:01 am

;lol; they are at the top of the page under the Banner Logo in purple or off to the side under statistics. No big deal. Maybe it is because of Linux and BSDs (?) whatever. that you don't get them.
Back to top Go down
OldCoot46
Veteran
OldCoot46

Advertisements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertisements   Advertisements I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 4:03 am

I'm back on Winblows now. Due to a ceratin someone around here makin a new mod, that I just had to play with. Haha!
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

Advertisements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertisements   Advertisements I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 4:11 am

You can still do a line and post it or try the one I posted above if you wish.

Cara or TON might be able to help as to why you don't get the recording. I do not recall if I needed to install a plug-in. Oh do you have a mp3 player? The file must be in mp3 format. Do you have a sound editor. Audacity is adequate for our needs and is free get the beta one and a mp3 plug-in that goes with it.

Audacity

oops, I am getting Sleep Audacity is for the recording. I should move this post maybe later.

The ads should appear automatically. Interesting. The Internet is a wonderous and mysterious place.
Back to top Go down
Trip
Psycho Princess
Trip

Advertisements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertisements   Advertisements I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 8:20 am

I've had all sorts of stuff come up. Some have been rather odd (did I want to become a nun), some have been silly (advert in French asking me if I wanted to learn French) and the rest have just been about VO workshops
Back to top Go down
Trip
Psycho Princess
Trip

Advertisements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertisements   Advertisements I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 8:21 am

Looking at the top of the page just now I have an ad for a mechanical bull, an opticians and a joint care place
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Advertisements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertisements   Advertisements I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 8:48 am

I think the ads mostly refer to things related to what our forum is perceived to be about (plenty of ads for horses, cowboys and stuff) but as far as I can see they also seem to depend on your browser history.

Right now I have three lines of ads (some in French and some in English), one for books, one for shows and one for cowboy holsters...

Yee-haaaa!!! Advertisements 67221
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Paul71
Visitor
Paul71

Advertisements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertisements   Advertisements I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 1:56 pm

I have all the ads blocked, so I never see them. I'm using Google Chrome on the Mac.

Advertisements 799235
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Advertisements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertisements   Advertisements I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 3:27 pm

I'm not complaining, they're tiny, I don't notice them unless I'm looking for them. Wink
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

Advertisements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertisements   Advertisements I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 6:43 pm

The ads are non_intrusive. A lot of Voice acting ads, computer related stuff, western stuff, got one for an Old West holster, I would rather have the gun.

Smile Paul, you don't know what your are missing. Most in my experience are worthless to me me but some have valuale. They really are not intrusive as they are on many sites. Visitors get the obnoxious ones. Members get tastefully down, low key ones. I like that in this site provider. Good job.
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

Advertisements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertisements   Advertisements I_icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 7:53 pm

I never quite noticed the ads unless I actively look for them. They blend in with the background very well, and they are unintrusive, so it works for me.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

Advertisements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertisements   Advertisements I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 5:46 pm

Western branding iron available. The perfect gift for you sadist friends. Advertisements 74522

I have been getting French ads lately. Gun for me to try and figure out what they are advertising.
Some ads I question. Just got one for a loan of up to $1500 but you need to give them your bank information. Not me who knows what they might do.
Back to top Go down
Jezdamayel
Janitor
Jezdamayel

Advertisements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertisements   Advertisements I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 1:30 am

oh yes i do read them every day. one and a while i might look into it. i think we get french because of the "Belle" in the name. not sure.

Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/jezdamayel/
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Advertisements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertisements   Advertisements I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 10:49 am

The French bit in "frenchboard" may have something to do with it as well. Smile

Currently I'm seeing ads for free forum skins and free forums which is kinda weird since the saloon is a free forum.
Back to top Go down
Trip
Psycho Princess
Trip

Advertisements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertisements   Advertisements I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 4:27 pm

I've just had 3 ads for fire arms! REALLY not my thing.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

Advertisements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertisements   Advertisements I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 10:16 am

I have an ad for Wicher 2. I am getting a lot of ads for women, some in French. Cosmetics and one I am not sure of but femme is mentioned. I think it is all that pole dancing. Smile At least it is more interesting than windows.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Advertisements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertisements   Advertisements I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 10:33 am

Jewel and dresses? Is the internet trying to tell me that I ought to buy a gift for a lady?
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

Advertisements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertisements   Advertisements I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 3:34 pm

Cosmetics means she should get all dolled up and you should take her out for a big bash too.
Back to top Go down
Trip
Psycho Princess
Trip

Advertisements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertisements   Advertisements I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 6:22 pm

Carabas wrote:
Jewel and dresses? Is the internet trying to tell me that I ought to buy a gift for a lady?

Or become one...
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Advertisements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertisements   Advertisements I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 10:42 pm

Some of my best friends are lumberjacks but only a few of them are transvestites. Razz
Back to top Go down
Jezdamayel
Janitor
Jezdamayel

Advertisements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertisements   Advertisements I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 12:33 pm

i got face items and an online dating service XD
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/jezdamayel/
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Advertisements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertisements   Advertisements I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 3:36 pm

I've got ads for Italian hotels, lingerie and leather. Advertisements 988386
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

Advertisements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertisements   Advertisements I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 6:17 pm

I am back to French ads, hotels and a Photo fixer. It is amazing how many words the French stole from English. affraid No, Cara, don't hit me! Advertisements 72655
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Advertisements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertisements   Advertisements I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 8:28 pm

Nakia the Rogue wrote:
It is amazing how many words the French stole from English. affraid No, Cara, don't hit me! Advertisements 72655

That's the other way round (at least it was -it depends on the context mostly).

It's ironic but we've borrowed English words that were originally French... For instance "flirt" which was originally "conter fleurette" or "challenge" of course when we're dealing with computer stuff some people insist on using the English word when we have a perfectly good French word (for instance "drivers" for computers when in French we use "pilotes").

We use "email" in French but in Belgium they say "courriel" I think it's the same for French speakers in Canada (I'm not sure) but in France the use of the word "courriel" is not recognized -which is a shame since it's a perfect French equivalent of the word email. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Advertisements Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertisements   Advertisements I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Advertisements
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Belle Sakura Saloon :: The Saloon :: Saloon Maintenance Office-
Jump to: