Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
dragoniguana
World Savior
dragoniguana

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning   Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 9:33 pm

Haha, that always gets me, too. That accounted for about 150 of my 250 hours in Oblivion Laughing

I'm really tempted to start a pure mage Ljosalfar... And a finesse/might Almain... And a finesse/magic Dokkalfar...

Oh God the choices.
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning   Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 10:25 pm

It's all about changing the character's appearance as far as I'm concerned and not really about changing stats.

I've spent many hours making new characters for FNV focusing on particular outfits instead of playing the game. I don't think that's so bad since I'm having fun playing with the Geck this way.
Back to top Go down
dragoniguana
World Savior
dragoniguana

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning   Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 11:00 pm

On that subject, I loved the outfits in New Vegas. Some of my fondest memories of that game are playing through Primm killing Powder Gangers, and trying on all the different Mercenary outfits, to see which one I liked best.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning   Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 1:49 am

I've just made a new FNV character that will probably delay my progress in Amalur... Here is a screenshot.

I wish their were more options in KoA:R as far as character customization is concerned. It's very hard to come up with characters that really stand out (and trust me on this I've tried).
Back to top Go down
dragoniguana
World Savior
dragoniguana

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning   Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 2:35 am

Meh, the KoA character creator and armor/weapons had more than enough for me: That is, I have never made a character I thought looked ugly. Also, with the armor and weapons, I love how many there are, and I absolutely adore looking for unique weapons and armor sets. I have a collection of all my unique items in my house. Good fun.
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning   Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 6:20 am

My rogue is turning into a rogue/mage, I shoot monsters with my Sylvan Bow, throw some spells, and finish them off with daggers when they get too close, and I might try chakams out after all. I boosted Detect Hidden and I discover a hell of a lot more random loot piles!

On a different note... there was a review of KoA in PC Gamer... 74%. They bashed the story and said the game is repetitive. Those idiots wouldn't know a good game if it bit them!
Back to top Go down
dragoniguana
World Savior
dragoniguana

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning   Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 7:19 am

Aye, there was way too much hate on Reckoning. Its average score was like an 8 or something like that. IGN had it right in my opinion; they gave it a 9/10. The story and writing are actually way better than I expected, and the lore... Oh God, the lore... I love it.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning   Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 25, 2012 3:14 pm

I think this game is astounding. At first it appears to be another hack and slash fest with some cool combat but it is much more and the story itself is very promising. I have just played enough to realize that it is more than Fable meets Diablo (which wouldn't be that bad IMO).

Besides the world is different from what other games have thrown our way lately so it's a bit refreshing to get some instances of high fantasy with hints of Celtic mythology thrown in for good measure.
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning   Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 6:37 am

I crafted some powerful Fae Blades, and do those suckers pack a punch or what! Wow, screw chakams, honestly! Whirling death with the Fae Blades!

I picked the Scout fate. The bonus I get with ranged weapons makes me even more lethal with the bow. I actually had a pretty easy time killing the Ettin shamans in the Warsworn quest.

Back to top Go down
dragoniguana
World Savior
dragoniguana

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning   Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 5:53 pm

I really want to use Faeblades, but I can't find where I would. I have my battlemage, and the Faeblades are out of question there, but I do have my rogue. Thing is, I'm loving my dagger/bow combo. I think that once I get the Faeblades of Song, I'll switch to them from daggers.
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning   Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 10:07 pm

Let me put it this way -- Fae Blades are basically a whirlwind of death. Stick to an enemy like a rabid pitbull and they will never have time to retaliate.
Back to top Go down
dragoniguana
World Savior
dragoniguana

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning   Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 11:36 pm

Chakrams are AMAZING for crowd-clearing. I just got to Detyre after taking a long time doing sidequests in the Plains of Erathell, and thus I'm just fighting the Sons of Laz for the first time. When the gang up on me, my chakrams make short work of them. I've been fighting groups of upwards a dozen enemies in Detyre, and the chakrams are perfect.
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning   Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 4:00 am

In my case, I have a kickass bow and pretty large quiver and I usually unleash a storm of arrows on enemies, and when they gang up on me, I slash them with my Fae Blades. I have the Seer fate, so instead of dodging, I teleport, then resume firing arrows and spells, then hack and slash. He also wears Heavy Armor, so I am not afraid to get in a fight, especially after crafting a crapload of healing potions.

I am now level 12. I enjoy the game more and more as I play it. KoA smashes Skyrim to the ground in this book.
Back to top Go down
dragoniguana
World Savior
dragoniguana

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning   Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 7:36 pm

Ah, blink. Blink was just one of those genius inclusions from the developers.

There's also one thing I really like about this game: The dungeons. They're all really individual, maybe not in looks, but in story. For example, one time, I was wandering Dalentarth, and I found a cave system. I ventured inside it, found a jotun warrior, and killed it. My quests then updated, and I was tasked with killing all the jotun inside the caves. I did, and made my way to the end. There, a sorcerer was attempting to raise a horde of undead minions to combat some government or another. He summoned a bunch of faer gortha, so I went into reckoning mode, slaughtered all of them, then proceeded to impale the sorcerer upon a spike made up of pure fate energy.
Back to top Go down
Kana
Catnip Purveyor
Kana

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning   Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 12:38 am

I know I'm late to the party, but I've just bought a KoA bundle off of Amazon for $12 USD, the lowest price I've seen the game going for. The DLC are included, making it a really good deal. Just started up a character, although I don't know if I'll have a lot of time to play it right now. I'm still playing through BGEE on my iPad.

Just in case anyone here hasn't bought the game yet, I wanted to bring this sale to your attention.

Oh, here's the link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009YLKBQY/
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning   Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 4:05 am

Quite a smashing deal you got there, Kana, my own copy costed me $60, but I don't care, it was worth every single penny spent on it.

Yes, a smashing game through and through. I keep hope that we might see a sequel someday.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning   Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 10:38 am

Definitely worth it. The gameplay is outstanding (I'm playing with a controller) and the story is really good.

The game itself is not very difficult. My advice would be to take your time in order to enjoy it. There is a replay value (different choices) but IMO the first playthrough is the most enjoyable.

The DLCs are good. Teeth of Naros is more linear but still fun. Legend of Dead Kel is very enjoyable. Getting them both for this price is a real bargain. Smile
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning   Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2014 6:44 pm

The game is currently on sale with the DLC on Steam. If you've missed it now is the perfect time to get it.  Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Page 2 88613 
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning   Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 1:12 am

I actually never finished the game. It kinda got kicked to the curb when I bought New Vegas...
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning   Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 10:58 am

You should definitely finish it but I know what you mean. FNV is the game I've played the most since Fallout 2 but KoAR is definitely on my top ten list.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning   Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2016 9:17 am

I've reinstalled the game and I must say it's holding up pretty well. Playing on hard feels just about right early on. I'm playing a dark elf (more accurately a dark blue one) with the Rogue path and a focus on bows. I'll probably go for a mixed class with some magic poisonous blink because it's efficient and visually stunning. I'm still on the fence when it comes to Blacksmithing because it's simply too powerful and makes money and loot almost pointless.

The game is as fun as ever. I don't know how far I'll get before I run out of steam but so far it's really nice and after taking such a break it feels good going back to this world and revisiting its lore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning   Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2