Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Assassin's Creed Syndicate I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Assassin's Creed Syndicate I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Assassin's Creed Syndicate I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Assassin's Creed Syndicate I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Assassin's Creed Syndicate I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Assassin's Creed Syndicate I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Assassin's Creed Syndicate I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Assassin's Creed Syndicate I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Assassin's Creed Syndicate I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Assassin's Creed Syndicate I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Assassin's Creed Syndicate I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Assassin's Creed Syndicate I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Assassin's Creed Syndicate Empty
PostSubject: Assassin's Creed Syndicate   Assassin's Creed Syndicate I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 9:05 am

I've only played a little but I can already tell that Assassin's Creed Syndicate feels like going back to the roots (it reminds me quite a bit of Assassin's Creed Brotherhood) with some pretty polished gameplay besides all the eye candy.

The game has the Assassin's Creed missions and activities but it also has a Grand Theft Horse Carriage London 1868 vibe that is very enjoyable (it is just incredibly fun). The stealth feels tighter this time (building upon the changes introduced with Unity) and combat is definitely more rewarding, brutal and cinematic.

All in all I can safely say that it's a welcome addition to the series.

As much as I enjoyed sailing in Black Flag (and Rogue) but there is something to be said about exploring a huge sprawling city.

The Victorian setting is a plus especially with all the literary and cultural references (Dracula and Frankenstein are hard to miss but there are also references to the Cthulhu Mythos and that's never a bad thing). I may be repeating myself but the city of London is just perfect for an Assassin's Creed game.

Syndicate also conjures up a Gangs of New York vibe which may appeal to some players.

The only drawback I can point out so far is that Syndicate feels a lot less ambitious than Unity. I didn't have too much trouble with bugs in Unity (apart some embarrassing incidents) and Unity is clearly one of the most beautiful games I've ever played but I can understand why all those problems (don't get me started on micro-transactions and phone apps though) could have alienated some players.

My first impression is that Syndicate seems to be playing it safe, going back to the old formula that Assassin's Creed Brotherhood nailed five years ago. It's not necessarily a bad thing though and there is something to be said about the possibility of playing a male or a female assassin for a change.

Last but not least the main characters have that roguish charm that made Ezio Auditore and Edward Kenway such lovable characters, the thing that Connor completely lacked and that Arno Dorian lost halfway through Unity.
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Assassin's Creed Syndicate Empty
PostSubject: Re: Assassin's Creed Syndicate   Assassin's Creed Syndicate I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 12:38 pm

The game is absolutely marvellous. The soundtrack is definitely a highlight in the series and it keeps reminding me of Arcanum.

Unity had some gorgeous visuals but Syndicate is not bad on that front (especially after a few tweaks in the Nvidia control panel).

The variety of activities take away some of the repetitiveness inherent to the genre.

I've read people complaining about driving carriages around but I actually love that part.

The game is so good that I don't think I'm going to put it down. Fallout 4 will have to wait. Assassin's Creed Syndicate 287863
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com

Assassin's Creed Syndicate
Page 1 of 1