Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom Empty
PostSubject: Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom   Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 5:56 pm

It's a French JRPG that came out yesterday and after a few hours my first impressions are very positive:

The game has some English voice-over but also an option to use the made up language from this world which is as exotic as the setting itself (I'm playing in French with the made up voices and they do a lot for the atmosphere of the game).

It is a very colourful game with a strong anime/manga vibe and a gameplay that matches its setting. It plays a bit like a platformer and like a brawler. The environments are lush and vibrant which is definitely a welcome change after playing so many dull and drab looking games.

I'm no JRPG fan but so far I like it. It doesn't look like there is too much grind (definitely a good thing as far as I'm concerned) and the variety offered with different sets of powers and characters make the experience rather enjoyable.

There are some puzzles but so far they've been really good (in the sense that they made use of the abilities that the characters possess and weren't farfetched which is often a valid concern).

You can browse parts of the manga made for the game here:

http://shiness-game.com/en/media

All in all it is a nice surprise and I hope the rest of the game won't disappoint.
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com

Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom
Page 1 of 1