Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Divinity: Original Sin 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Divinity: Original Sin 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Divinity: Original Sin 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Divinity: Original Sin 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Divinity: Original Sin 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Divinity: Original Sin 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Divinity: Original Sin 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Divinity: Original Sin 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Divinity: Original Sin 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Divinity: Original Sin 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Divinity: Original Sin 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Divinity: Original Sin 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Divinity: Original Sin 2

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Empty
PostSubject: Divinity: Original Sin 2   Divinity: Original Sin 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 3:41 pm

It's out now and it seems to have all the things that were present in the Enhanced Edition plus a lot more content.

Not sure about the silly puns but the origin concept sounds appealing. It's possible to create a character with a predefined background for better immersion (which is a bit like making a DM created character your own in a pen and paper game). The alternative is to pick a tag for a custom character so NPC can react to who you're supposed to be RPing.

It all sounds very exciting. My major concern is that every time I tried playing the first game I kept losing steam (I can do awful puns too) plus I never liked the idea of playing a source hunter so hopefully this one will allow for more freedom.

In any case I wanted to point out that picking the game over at Gog may not be such a bad idea because of regional pricing it's possible to get wallet funds back (over here that's €6.80 which is not too shabby). The Steam version is also completely DRM free so Steam is simply a downloading and patching platform. The Gog version will probably have achievements for people who use their Galaxy platform. The only thing that they will miss are Steam trading cards. Last but not least patches are released a bit sooner on Steam but I can't imagine that Larian would forget about the Gog version.

EDIT: the Gog version does come with achievements for Galaxy users -I've just checked as I'm currently downloading it (looks like it may be a bit slower than Steam but if I was able to download the Witcher 3 from Gog I should be able to download DOS2 as well).
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2   Divinity: Original Sin 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 11:48 pm

I've played a little today and it's so incredibly better than the first game! It still has the nice turn based fighting mechanics but everything has been improved and fine tuned.

I'm playing an elf and it's a far cry from what we're used to! In this world elves practice a form of cannibalism (corpse eating) that allows them to have a glimpse at the remnants of consciousness of the humanoid whose flesh they consume. It's rather creepy but it's a great way to get information in game. I didn't pick Pet Pal (to talk to animals) but it's a choice that I've made and I think I'm going to focus on Polymorph and two handed combat (the polymorph line has a spell that allows the character to turn his arm into some sort of tentacle and disrupt an enemy who can't use a weapon in the following turn).

The game is absolutely gorgeous (even more than the previous one) and it runs even better. Even the controls have been improved. Using a gamepad with the previous game was a treat but they've managed to make things even more intuitive this time.

Last but not least, I never cared that much for the music in the first game but the music in the sequel is absolutely great.

All in all so far it's a truly flawless experience. I hope it won't disappoint later on.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2   Divinity: Original Sin 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 24, 2017 4:55 pm

Here are some pictures of my guy during character creation:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The portrait is actually made from the composite of features you've selected which is really cool (just like in DAO). The only thing missing is the possibility to change its orientation but that's not a big deal. You can see the exotic nature of elven gear. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sue77
Enlightened Viewer
Sue77

PostSubject: Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2   Divinity: Original Sin 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2017 10:26 pm

That is a very strange physique but the armour is beautiful. Love the colours.

cat
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2   Divinity: Original Sin 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2017 11:06 pm

That's actually the class selection screen.

Here is how my guy looks in game:

Spoiler:

Regarding his physique I wanted something that looked a bit like this:

Spoiler:

I don't think I'm too much off the mark (minus the dark hue of course).

The game has been patched and it's a big one. Smile

Right now I've settled on a party of two elves with the lone wolf trait. I'll leave the other NPCs for my next playthrough.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2   Divinity: Original Sin 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2017 9:08 pm

I've realized that Lone Wolf makes the game way too easy so I started over as Fane (the undead origin) but it feels a bit off to me. Not that the character isn't good but playing an undead comes with immunities that can be abused (the undead are healed by poison).

I'm starting over with an elf summoner (custom character). Summoner is much more fun than what I expected and the unique elf talent allows the creation of pools of blood to get blood summons dealing physical damage and siphoning health from enemies. I'm focusing on Wits for secrets and initiative despite the fact that it's only of marginal use in combat.

This time I won't pick any of the female companions as they are batshit crazy. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2   Divinity: Original Sin 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2020 10:12 am

There is a mod that was only available on the Steam Workshop that has been uploaded to the Nexus:

https://www.nexusmods.com/divinityoriginalsin2definitiveedition/mods/244

Divinity Unleashed overhauls the armour system to make effects work even if the armour is not depleted. It makes the necessity to focus on damage alone obsolete and it also enhances the tactical viability of various builds including hybrid builds.

I haven't tested it yet but the mod has been out on the Steam Workshop for 4 months so we can expect it to be pretty stable.

There is a pdf detailing all the changes and I'm positive that all these changes can only make for a much better experience.

The way the game works if you don't stick to easy difficulty you have to choose if you're going to focus on physical or magical damage for your entire party simply because armour needs to be depleted in order for status effects to apply. So in the unmodded game damage is what matters and damage alone.

Last but not least, the mod does prevent some cheesy tactics from being abused which is another perk. All in all this sounds like a terrific modification that will correct some of the worst flaws of an otherwise great game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Divinity: Original Sin 2   Divinity: Original Sin 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Divinity: Original Sin 2
Page 1 of 1