Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Your Friend in Texas - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Your Friend in Texas - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Your Friend in Texas - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Your Friend in Texas - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Your Friend in Texas - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Your Friend in Texas - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Your Friend in Texas - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Your Friend in Texas - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Your Friend in Texas - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Your Friend in Texas - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Your Friend in Texas - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Your Friend in Texas - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Your Friend in Texas

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. K
Visitor
Mr. K

Your Friend in Texas - Page 5 Empty
PostYour Friend in Texas

Howdy from Texas, All Y'all!

OK, enough Fake TexSpeek.

This is a Blog like Topic, I will post a few things that I am thinking about. My intention is to have a general Conversation with all of you. I don't intend this to be about Gaming, Modding or Voice Acting, this is for stuff that doesn't fit any where else here in the Saloon.

If you have questions or comments about anything posted here, well that is what this is, a conversation.

If you want to talk about something not mentioned here, well this is the place, I will talk about what ever, so go ahead and jump in.

This Conversation will not be about anything Political, or very controversial, if we want to talk about Politics, there are a lot of very well run Political WebSites run by some very well educated, Political Historians, and Political Scientist, and they do their homework before saying anything. I may mention something, but I don't want to get deep into stuff like that.

I will use the Spoiler function to save space in overly long Post, I get way too long winded a lot, so if you want to read the long version, just click on the Spoiler tag. See below:

Well after that, I will tell you a little about me:

Spoiler:

Your Friend in Texas

Next up is about my Family

Link to a Video of 10 hours of rain and thunder, (just to have a place to hold the link). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ9OWMsJBTk&feature=player_detailpage

Last edited by Mr. K on Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:05 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://home.comcast.net/~rogerk281/site/?/blog/
Share this post on: reddit

Your Friend in Texas :: Comments

Lndf117
Re: Your Friend in Texas
Post Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:21 pm by Lndf117
They said that they would like to keep the forum and Teamspeak server running if possible, more as a community to play and talk about games rather than as a community based on a server.
Mr. K
Post Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:39 pm by Mr. K
Hi Lndf;

Sounds like it is turning into a place to have Friends, and that is always good.

Your Friend in Texas
Nakia the Rogue
Post Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:42 pm by Nakia the Rogue
To All,

Remember that old song "Make new friends but keep the old. One is silver and the other gold." Besides in this case silver will turn to gold given time.

Nakia your friend in icy New Jersey
Mr. K
Post Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:00 pm by Mr. K
Nakia, You are Golden.

Hi Everybody;

I had Jury Duty today. Civil Court, and not too far from the house. All us prospective Jurors ether sat or stood in the hallway outside the court room, and after about 15 minuets, we all where dismissed. They said that the cases where all ether dismissed, or settled. I think the people that had cases, got a good look at us, and decided it would be better to just work it out without us. I have been on a few Juries, over the years, and it is something I like to do, it is important to have, and often very interesting, but sometimes it is just going into the Court House, and hanging around for a wile.

Last night I had an Ethernet cable stop working, and after Jury Duty, I fixed it:
My Cable phone/internet modem had a bad battery in it and I had been asked to get a new one several months ago, and my cable box remote, started having problems, so I packed up everything from Xfinity, and went to there local office and exchanged it all for new, and later models of equipment, and in the modem pack, there was a new Ethernet cable, so I didn't need to buy a new Ethernet cable. All at no cost, well my cable bill is plenty high to pay for all that. I came home, and set it all up, and I needed to call in to get everything activated. In about an hour, of being on the phone with a Tech, and doing updates and settings, I had everything operating and in good shape, so now I have time for All Y'all.

I finished the FONV DLC, Lonesome Road yesterday, and I am basically done with New Vegas. I could restart FONV, and do things differently, or restart Skyrim, but I think I want to give PlanetSide 2 a try. I have played it according to Steam, about 2 hours, and I need to watch all the training Videos, and get all the settings set-up, and maybe find some people to play with. After playing single player games, I need to get into some of the on-line kind of play, just to see if I like it much. In the little play I have done, it does look like there are a lot of people doing things on their own, and some of them don't know what they are doing, like driving around without any control, or just running around without any purpose. It is very different from playing with just a lot of NPCs, the other players are not necessarily interested in what you are doing, or they are just playing, and they do some random things. Kind of Weird, but I can see how it could be fun.

Of Course, I could drag out my old Kayak and paddle up the Bayou, and see how the Gators are doing.

Your Friend in Texas
Lndf117
Post Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:35 pm by Lndf117
Sounds like you had fun. Mr K, i have been playing Planetside 2 a lot lately, if you need help or someone to play with let me know.
As for Olympus they said that if they get a donation of 10$ a month they should be able to keep the site and Teamspeak server up and running.
I also put my mom's new Video Card in earlier, it seems to be working.
Nakia the Rogue
Post Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:14 pm by Nakia the Rogue
Sounds as if you were very busy Mr. K. Good everything worked out nicely.
@Lndf, that sounds like good news to me. What card did you get for your mother's computer?

Nakia the New Jersey rogue.
Lndf117
Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:12 am by Lndf117
An Nvidia GTX 650 TI
This one i think: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130841
Nakia the Rogue
Post Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:31 pm by Nakia the Rogue
Ran across this on YouTube. Sung by a sleepy Italian.

Quite a few versions found. This is a real oldie.
Mr. K
Post Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:33 pm by Mr. K
OK, Nakia, enough of that.

Actually, I like a little of this kind of old Country Music, just a little though is enough.

Hi Lndf; Thanks, you helped me a lot last night. Updating my Graphics Driver was a good idea. I did that on my old computer 2 or 3 years ago, and it caused me a lot of problems for 3 or 4 months, so I was reluctant to update the Driver, but now I am all up to date, and I got NVIDA GeForce Experience (Beta), and it can set all my games graphics to the best for the game and my Computer.
http://www.geforce.com/drivers/geforce-experience

I will be looking for you to be on Steam so we can play together. I need to figure out how to work the In-Game Chat, so you can tell me what I can do, to not get killed so easily.

Your Friend in Texas
Nakia the Rogue
Post Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:46 am by Nakia the Rogue
Lndf is going to have to tell me what to do too. Poor guy has his hands full.

So you don't much care for country/western music. Some Texas cowboy you are not, Mr. K. How is this instead?
Mr. K
Post Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:00 pm by Mr. K
Hi Nakia;

I have never seen Aïda before, I have known about it, but never seen it.
Pavarotti can sing, he may have been the best Tenor of the 20th Century. But he was no musician, he could barely read music. He had a Vocal coach that would teach him every note, and he just opened his mouth and beautiful sounds came out. Or at least that is what Mr. Morris told me about him. (Mr. Morris is Katie's Voice Coach, and he knows a lot about Opera, and a lot about many of the Singers.)

Now if some great Opera Composer would write an Opera about something in Texas, that would be wonderful. Maybe the story of Goliad in the Texas Revolution against Mexico. That would be interesting, and full of emotional death and defeat, and the cruel acts of the Mexican captors.
http://www.tamu.edu/faculty/ccbn/dewitt/goliadmassacre.htm

Most Texans know of the Goliad Massacre, but they don't know much. In the Revolution, the main Battle Cry of the Texans was "Remember Goliad!", and after the Battle of the Alamo, it was "Remember Goliad, Remember the Alamo!". But after so long, only the Alamo is remembered.

Your Friend in Texas

Nakia the Rogue
Post Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:31 pm by Nakia the Rogue
I remember some Opera experts saying there were 3 great tenors in the 20 th century. One was a Spanish tenor I believe, have no idea who the other was. A video of the three singers was made wish I could remember its name. Pavarotti was a an outstanding figure. I understand he helped many singers just starting out.

Hollywood may have had something to do with the Alamo being remembered. Thank you for the history lesson I didn't know about the Goliad. Neither does spell check.
wetblanket
Post Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:52 pm by wetblanket
'The Three Tenors' were Plácido Domingo, José Carreras and Luciano Pavarotti.
Nakia the Rogue
Post Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:24 pm by Nakia the Rogue
Thank you Wetblanket and now by special request by me I present to you The Three Tenors in Concert 1994
Mr. K
Post Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:42 pm by Mr. K
Hi Everybody;

I will be away today, helping Kim move to a house. Fun! Maybe fun...

Your Friend in Texas
Nakia the Rogue
Post Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:31 pm by Nakia the Rogue
See ya later, Mr. Ali gator. By the way I am still hopping you will do a recording for the accent thread.
Mr. K
Post Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:31 am by Mr. K
Hi Nakia;

OK, I will give my Accent to you to hold for Posterity.

What we did today...

Kim and her Husband Casey had to move out of their apartment, the complex was sold to the University, they are going to build more dorms and parking lots. They have been looking for a different Apartment, or a house to rent. They needed it to be very close to the Sam Houston U. campus. They only have one car, and Casey works on-campus, so he will be able to walk to the Math department. They could have waited till summer, but they found a house they like, so they rented it.

I will have some pictures soon, I forgot to take some today. The house is an old frame house that is very unlevel, parts of the house are on bedrock and parts of it are on soil, and it sinks. The landlord said they level the house every 2 or 3 years, but it just sinks more, I don't know about that. The walls are 1x6 inch (2cm x 16cm) horizontal boards, so are the ceilings. Oddly nice, the floors are oak, or knotty pine, very nice, in an old beat-up way. They bought an old used washer and dryer, and the laundry room was so sloped, we had a hard time getting the washer level, but it runs smooth now. There is a swing in the big Live Oak in the front yard, and I pushed Kim, fun. It is a cute little house on a hilly street, in the old part of town. The house is just a few blocks from the "Walls" unit of the Huntsville State Prison, and they blow a horn for something every 3 or 4 hours, odd. Casey said it was for Prison Guard shift change, but I don't know about that ether. I need to go back Monday and help them get some things set-up, and level their bed, yep, that room is "off the bubble" too.

Your Friend in Texas
Nakia the Rogue
Post Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:35 am by Nakia the Rogue
Hi Mr. K,

Sounds like a fun house. I am sure they will have many good memories of the house and living there. Be sure to take pictures of it for prosperity and to share with us.

Your sleepy friend in New Jersey.
Nakia the Rogue
Post Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:43 pm by Nakia the Rogue
Hi Mr. K,
I know you are busy helping your daughter with the house but I thought I would just let you know we have a new voice actress at Wormhole. I get the impression she hasn't done any VAing for a mod so she may need some help.

Have fun with the leveling of things.

Nakia friend in New Jersey.
Mr. K
Post Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:45 am by Mr. K
Hi Everybody;

I will be at my Daughter Kim's house Tuesday working on... Well probably several things.

They had a water pipe break Saturday night, and the Landlords plumber came today and fixed it up, so I don't need to worry about that.

I need to try and fix the very old doorknob for the back door, it is totally worn out, but Kim likes it a lot, so...

My Wife wants me to make sure that they get all there stuff out of the Apartment, she thinks they will not get it done before the end of the month, that's Thursday.

I need to take and hang an antique mirror in their bathroom, it is not all that old, it's probably 15 or 20 years older than me... That's not too old, is it? They have several of my Father-in-law's paintings, and I need to hang them correctly. That will be easy, all their walls are basically wood planks, nice but they have a lot of nail holes in them so adding a few more is no problem.

The old house has gas jets for space heaters, in all the rooms but the heaters where removed long ago. So I need to make sure they are not leaking at all, and that the youngsters know what they are, and how to make sure they don't open them.

I need to figure out how they are going to take care of the yard, they think they can trade a neighbor the use of a mower for mowing the neighbor's yard. That sounds good, but it depends on the neighbor... We will see. I just need to make them understand that they have to actually do the yard work.

In the front yard it a tree swing, the rope for it is old and very frayed nylon, and I need to replace it, if I can.

There is a very large Pine tree that is dead in the next lot, and it is leaning toward the house. It looks OK for now, but in a year or two it will be very week and could fall on the house, so I need to check it out, and maybe talk to the Landlord, Kim thinks they own the lot with the dead tree, and the house on the other side.

I need to install a dishwasher, OK, I think hand washing is fine, but whatever they want. I wonder where they got it?

I need to look around and into everything to check for problems. They went out and got a Bird feeder, and for some reason, I need to hang it for Kim, outside the kitchen widow.

All good, and I will have fun. So think of me fondly. Pictures tomorrow.

Your Friend in Texas
Lndf117
Post Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:14 am by Lndf117
Good luck. Sounds like you have a lot to do. That reminds me of something. During the summer my dad had me cut the grass using his riding mower. when he cut it, he would cut it once a week during the weekend. once i started he would often complain that i wasn't cutting it enough. What actually happened was my mom asked me to cut it shorter and as a result i was able to cut it once every two or three weeks instead, depending on how short it was cut and how tall i let it grow. Sorry for any errors, this was typed on an xbox 360 and sorry for the random short story, i can't sleep.
Trip
Post Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:56 am by Trip
I own houses that I rent out and it's my responsibility (as the landlord) to make sure that stuff like gas valves and things aren't leaking and to show new tenants how things work. Plus all work like locks and door handles has to go through me and an approved locksmith has to do it or it affects my insurance.
Then again, I suppose you would look at my contracts with tenants and see huge and weird sounding differences too Very Happy
Nakia the Rogue
Post Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:43 pm by Nakia the Rogue
Hi Mr. K,
You have a lot to do. Don't try to do it all in one day. The gas jets sound very important to me. I am a bit surprised that the landlord is not responsible for those. Make sure they have tenants insurance.

I know you are busy but if you have a moment please check in at Wormhole. We have a new voice and she may need help. She has downloaded Audacity.

Your friend in New Jersey
Nakia the Rogue
Post Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:30 pm by Nakia the Rogue
Hi Mr. K,
I hope you had a good day and got a lot done. Your are probably exhausted so relax and enjoy your evening. Smile You have more work to do.

Mhalony posted some recordings on Wormhole in the voice samples thread. She has a very young voice, pleasant one. Overall I think the recordings were good but the volume is low. I tried to give her some things to try to increase the volume and to let her know I thought other than the volume the recordings were good.

Update: I think SinderionsBones has delegated handling voice acting to you, Mr. K. Very Happy
Mr. K
Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:06 pm by Mr. K
Thanks Nakia, I will check in at the Wormhole.

Hi Everybody;

Here is a picture of Kim and Casey's house, well not theirs, but they are renting it.
Your Friend in Texas - Page 5 Imag0263uw

Your Friend in Texas
Post  by Sponsored content

Your Friend in Texas

Page 5 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next