Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Jedi Fallen Order I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Jedi Fallen Order I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Jedi Fallen Order I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Jedi Fallen Order I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Jedi Fallen Order I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Jedi Fallen Order I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Jedi Fallen Order I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Jedi Fallen Order I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Jedi Fallen Order I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Jedi Fallen Order I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Jedi Fallen Order I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Jedi Fallen Order I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Jedi Fallen Order

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Jedi Fallen Order Empty
PostSubject: Jedi Fallen Order   Jedi Fallen Order I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2020 7:00 pm

I've decided to pull the trigger on this one since with the current discount and the coupon it's 50% off on the Epic Games Store.

It's very much a gamer's dream game. It feels great and the controls are really easy to get into.

I was a bit concerned about the difficulty and I picked the medium difficulty and so far I'm happy with my choice (I'm definitely not as quick as I used to be).

It's definitely not as frustrating or punishing as Dark Souls and it brings the grace of lightsaber techniques to the fights.

The parkour and exploration will bring back memories of playing Tomb Raider and that's definitely a good thing.

It could be said that Jedi Fallen Order steals from the best and that's true but it does make for a pretty rewarding game experience.

So far the story is nothing to write home about but the game does nail the Star Wars atmosphere.

The main character is enough of a blank slate so as not to be irritating and the voice actor's performance is very subdued which is definitely the right choice here -the main character is voiced by the very talented young actor Cameron Monaghan.

To sum things up I'm enjoying this game a lot. It's great to have a fun single player game set in the Star Wars universe. Sure, it's not as deep as Disco Elysium and it's not trying to innovate when it comes to the gameplay but that's ok. There is nothing wrong with an enjoyable game that runs smoothly and mixes exploration, challenging level design and dynamic combat.

Last but not least, the game opens with a song by a Mongolian Band that really fits in the Star Wars universe!

Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Sue77
Enlightened Viewer
Sue77

Jedi Fallen Order Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jedi Fallen Order   Jedi Fallen Order I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2020 7:52 pm

Thanks for the heads up Cara. I only joined Epic a couple of days ago and got Civilisation VI for free. It was a bit too good to ignore!

I'll have to wait until this is cheaper, but I'll certainly keep an eye on it.

cat
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Jedi Fallen Order Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jedi Fallen Order   Jedi Fallen Order I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2020 9:49 pm

Epic have been giving away a free game every week so I'm slowly building a nice little library there that feels like a second home away from Steam.

Some Epic exclusives are just too good to ignore plus they are giving away vouchers so you can get 10 bucks off for any purchase above €14.99 or $14.99 or £13.99 (except preorders) so it's a pretty sweet deal and despite the smaller catalogue a much more enticing offer than what the last Steam sales had to put forward.

Please note that because of the way the coupons work you automatically get a new one after a purchase so you may save money by buying a game and its expansions separately if the coupons can be applied instead of buying a gold edition.

Plus Ubisoft games can be fully unlocked on Uplay once you've linked both accounts so you don't even have to run the Epic launcher and can run the games directly from Uplay.

Origin games (like Jedi Fallen Order) however do require both the Epic launcher and Origin to be running.
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Sponsored content

Jedi Fallen Order Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jedi Fallen Order   Jedi Fallen Order I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jedi Fallen Order
Page 1 of 1