Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Pillars of Eternity - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Pillars of Eternity - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Pillars of Eternity - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Pillars of Eternity - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Pillars of Eternity - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Pillars of Eternity - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Pillars of Eternity - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Pillars of Eternity - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Pillars of Eternity - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Pillars of Eternity - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Pillars of Eternity - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Pillars of Eternity - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Pillars of Eternity

Go down 
+4
RYUchan
DanielCoffey
dragoniguana
Kana
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
AuthorMessage
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Pillars of Eternity - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 6:51 pm

It seems you didn't include the quote.

I'm cleaned out after the summer sales so I hope they won't charge too much for it. Laughing

That and I've been meaning to purchase Shadowrun Hong kong so I'll have to choose one or the other. Considering that I won't have time to play both (not to mention the games I've bought during the sales) I guess I'll have to wait a little. Wink

Still it seems that the patch will include some interesting features, is that correct?
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Sue77
Enlightened Viewer
Sue77

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 8:11 pm

Oooh! What did you buy in the sales?????

cat
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 12:11 am

These days my Steam library features more than 800 games so I should really put a stop to my spending spree. Embarassed

Lately I've picked X-Rebirth, Ancient Space (from a bundle) and Mount & Blade Warband Viking Conquest Reforged but I've been busy playing Risen 3 (I really love this game).

I've been meaning to play Legends of Eisenwald since it's been out of Early Access. Too many games too little time. Wink
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 1:16 am

The beta Patch 2.0 is up on Steam now. My guess is it will go live shortly before the Expansion is released. Then the Expansion will have to be patched. So PoE may be replayable early in September.

This is a good year for gaming. Enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 9:30 am

I think I'll wait. The list of additions is pretty long and I was contemplating restarting so I may as well give it another go with the expansion.

The problem is that these days either we play an unfinished game or we wait for years and play games that have been superseded by a sequel. There is no middle ground.

I'm not singling out Obsidian by the way, this is a general state of affairs. Expansions get released and the whole cycle of patching starts again.

Take Crusader Kings 2 for instance (published and developed by Paradox), I love this game but they keep churning out expansions and DLC that break savegame compatibility and introduce a boatload of bugs which means that we have to wait for the devs to fix them. Things are made worse by Steam because Steam doesn't let you choose whether you want to patch your game or not. Reverting to an older patch is possible but frankly we shouldn't have to jump through hoops just to be able to finish a playthrough.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 10:51 am

I agree games are being released unfinished and then the players become unpaid beta testers. I also think OE is trying to make too many people happy and will end up making no one happy. Fixing bugs is one thing but constant rebalancing means if you start a game half way through it may change unless you opt out of all patches. It is a no win situation for the player in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 13 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2015 11:49 am

Exactly! You've hit the nail on the head. Pillars of Eternity - Page 13 17997

I'm fed up with games that can't be played indefinitely like that because whatever you do you end up losing.

If you play a game right away it's more expensive and you run the risk of dealing with annoying bugs. You won't be able to enjoy all the content (expansions, DLC) and as a result you won't enjoy the full experience.

If you wait then it means that you end up having a very long wait ahead of you. For what? The game may never live up to expectations and by the time you get to play it it's likely a sequel supposed to fix everything that was lacking with the original game will be coming out.

At least patience can save some money so that's a valid point.

In the meantime it's annoying to see how meddling fans are trying to take over forums to push their agendas. Devs would be crazy to listen to them.

In any case when it comes to Pillars of Eternity I may love the game but we're not in 1998-2000 anymore. What I mean by that is that there are alternatives for a CRPG player. I'm still running Baldur's Gate from time to time just to unwind but with the recent isometric revival it's unlikely that I'll put as much time in any of these modern games (and that includes Pillars of Eternity) for the very simple reason that time has become a more valuable commodity (and I can only foresee this getting worse as time goes by).

Besides I really feel the first playthrough that you complete should be special. I don't want to mess things up because I have to patch a game.

I'm starting to think that playing on GOG is the better option. Sure, it takes longer to get patches (and that's a pain) but nobody will ever force you to update your game if you don't feel like it or don't want to be forced to start over.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 13 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pillars of Eternity
Page 13 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13