Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeCalendarFAQRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Titan Quest Immortal Throne
by Sue77 Today at 9:58 am

» Crusaders Kings 2
by Carabas Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:18 am

» Divinity: Original Sin 2
by Carabas Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:08 pm

» Assassin's Creed Origins
by Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:14 pm

» ChinaDroid review - VKWorld Mix Plus
by BlackZarak Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:40 am

» Why the original Fallout is still my favourite game 13 years later
by Carabas Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:59 pm

» Fallout 4 Mods
by Carabas Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:20 am

» Fallout: New California/Project Brazil
by Carabas Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:43 am

» XCOM 2 First Impressions
by Carabas Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:25 pm

» Mods for Skyrim
by BlackZarak Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:27 am

» Age of Decadence
by Carabas Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:07 pm

» Far Cry 3
by Carabas Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:39 pm

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 39 on Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:37 pm
Statistics
We have 42 registered users
The newest registered user is hellsheep

Our users have posted a total of 25556 messages in 643 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Share | 

Crusaders Kings 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage
Triactus
Emperor

PostSubject: Re: Crusaders Kings 2   Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:57 pm

Hahahaha, that's great!! Keep those stories coming... Razz

A similar thing happened to me in a previous game (I think it was on the Song of Ice and Fire mod). My character, in his sixties, started to go crazy from guilt over all the people he plotted to kill. So he would do crazy things like just getting up during a feast with his vassals, taking off his clothes and howling to the moon, or, like your character, he once fired his chancellor and replaced him with his horse. I love how things like that can happen! Very Happy

Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: Crusaders Kings 2   Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:17 pm

The new DLC that is coming out next looks pretty neat:

Quote :
Monastic Orders: With lay offices available to non-clerical characters, monastic orders will increase your character’s piety - but they have expectations.
Cults: Gnostic heresies may flourish and its is rumored that the worship of Satan continues in the darkened fringes of the world
Climb the Ranks: Characters work their way up the ladder of Societies, unlocking new abilities and triggering new event chains
Hunt for Heretics: Send your chaplain out to find secret societies that undermine the holy church and your realm. But what if the hunter is guilty himself?
Other New Councillor Actions: Your councillors have a fourth action that will make them more powerful and integral to sound rulership
And much more: Assassins, archaeological expeditions, holy relics, great treasures and more

I'm really looking forward to playing an illuminati or a heretic. All this sounds pretty good. king

Triactus
Emperor

PostSubject: Re: Crusaders Kings 2   Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:11 pm

I had some free time and had a CKII craving, so I went back to my game as Scandinavian Emperor Kjartan. I had united all of Sweden and Norway as well as most of Danemark and a few Finnish counties. In the UK, I had all of Scotland, all but one county of Ireland (property of a Wales kingdom). I am looking at what I can do. I can of course pick off English kings (Wessex and Mercia are the big players at 7 counties each, but there are several small kings, though there is a lot of alliances through marriage.

I decided to join my vassal's war to take East Anglia (as it helped me in the grand scheme of things). Only it took forever, since as I joined, my vassal was already minus 35 %. I think it took 5 years to finally win the damn thing, even with all my other vassals called in. Of course, a dumb Finnish king decided it would be the perfect time to wage war against me for one of my Finnish counties. It was like a fly I swated while I finished in the UK. After, it was a couple of years to go through that damn war too, because his army was constantly on the run from me. I was finally able to subdue it and win the thing (a nice little 36 gold and a prisoner for my next blot. Twisted Evil )

Another cool thing happened. My kinsman's wife was my spymaster (a nice little 20 in intrigue). But when my niece came of age, she had a whooping 28 in intrigue. So I shipped my kinsman away (along with my former spymaster) as the mayor of the Cornwall city (I had recently conquered the county and hadn't handed out the titles). But lo and behold, she held a grudge and a couple months later, my niece told me my former spymaster was plotting to see me dead. So she's now rotting in my dungeon, also awaiting the blot. Twisted Evil

Emperor Kjartan is also STILL waiting to have a son. The Empress, who gave him four daughters, is in her late thirties, so the hope of seeing her become pregnant is fading. Kjartan has a concubine, who gave him.... a daughter. Neutral (it seems there is some new viking options, probably was introduced with the newer DLCs. Viking lords can now make women become shieldmaidens, which in turn can be named commanders for the viking lord's army. So because my concubine had 20 in martial, she's now my main army commander... Laughing I just don't know if the shieldmaiden identity prevents her from having other children). I really want Kjartan to have a son, so I decided...erm... to take another concubine, which... as it were... is my spymaster niece. I mean she has the genius trait, I think she had like 20 in diplomacy and 15 in martial. Her traits are simply awesome. I just hope that if they have children, they won't have the inbred trait. Sad

I don't know exactly what I'm going to do next. I could keep going at the English and Welsh kings, I could expand in northern Europe (Danemark and north Poland), I could try to take the rest of Finland. But, looking at the long term picture, Ill have to decide if I want to stay tribal or go feudal. But to go feudal, I need to reform the Norse religion. And to reform the Norse religion, I need a Germanic moral authority of at least 50. Considering I have 37 at the moment, and that each of the five holy sites give a 10 to moral authority, I'll have to look into the two that are not under my control (a +10 would drive me to 47, which is a short walk to 50). One of the two is very deep in East Francia's lands, so forget it. The other is on the coast, next to Holland. Only, the king who controls that site has 7 counties (5 of which he controls directly). He can muster around 12 000 or 13 000 troops. I personally have... 1800 levies. I can call all of my vassals, but attacking a coast is a complete logistical nightmare with tribal vassals. They all come from anywhere, land one at a time with 200 or 300 soldiers. (the game really should let you at least input a rallying point. It isn't far fetch to say "hey guys, let's all land a few counties away, and march to destination together).

What do you think I should do, Cara? Wait for that king to die of old age (though he's fairly young) and hope they have inheritance problems?

Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: Crusaders Kings 2   Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:22 pm

That's a pretty good game you've got going and I'd say go for it. You could hire a few mercs to tie you over while your vassals get there or you could try and get that king killed to create some chaos. That would soften the resistance quite a bit.

Triactus
Emperor

PostSubject: Re: Crusaders Kings 2   Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:00 pm

I got to play a bit while the baby was sleeping. I decided to heed your advice. But I had to invade, since I couldn't go over 60% in plot power.

I declared war, then sent ships near the coast as recon (else, the kingdom would be obscured by the fog of war), just to see what the king was up to. I noticed he raised all of his troops (around 11 000) and all of his ships too. I was thinking "crap, he's going on the offensive". So I raised my 2000 levies in the Scandinavian continent (the strong half of my demesne, the rest in in the UK). I called all of my tribal vassals to war, thinking my Scandanavian vassals' troops would link up with my own. I got to about 8 000 when I noticed something funny. The enemy king's army went to attack my vassal's provinces in southern England. I packed up my stuff and headed out to the now empty Zeeland county I coveted, along with my UK and direct vassals' (mayors and priests) levies.

I landed about 3000 troops and started besieging the county. I also raised 2500 mercenary warriors (the ones you got through the intrigue screen with a prestige cost, rather than pay with money) to bolster my force a bit. Then my vassals started dripping into the county. I was losing holdings in England, but I was taking holdings in Holland, which had a much netter Battle score value. After a while, the attacking enemy force was down to about 7800 troops (the battles fought against my vassals' troops (though they were vastly outnumbered) and besieged holding bled their numbers). Meanwhile, I was up to 15 000! (I also had a nice surprise : my marshal was building my legend, and 1700 warriors popped up in my capital, ready for battle).

After completely conquering five counties in England, the kings troops came back, but in two separate waves. I dropped everything and beat the two armies as they landed, thus securing my victory.

In the following months, I was able to reform the Germanic religion and become the head of it. I'm not quite sure what the advantage is, but I now only need absolute authority to become feudal. I don't plan on heading that way just yet, but the option is closer, now.

Kjartan also had two more children, through his concubines, both daughters! That's like 8 or 9 daughters and no sons, now. It was his only lifetime wish to have a boy... Laughing It's also neat that through events, he finally became lovers with his wife, and best friends with one of his concubines. Smile Both of his concubines are now shieldmaidens, which I think is kinda cool. It's like his two personal bodyguards. Smile

I was also able to execute two traitors and a catholic bishop at a blot, which is always cool. But I think that, at 46, Kjartan's time is coming to a close. He is now infirm, which not only greatly impacts his stats, but also his health. My designated heir has very good diplomacy, which I will need. Through Kjartan's time, one of his main vassal, the king of Sweden, has quietly amassed a few more jarldoms and is now at 39 counties. I fear Kjartan's death. Sad I could kill the king of sweden, but since Kjartan is loyal and is friends with the king, it doesn't make much RP sense. :/

Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: Crusaders Kings 2   Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:45 pm

I love it when a plan comes together, well done Tri! Smile

The king of Sweden sounds like trouble down the line unless you make sure to keep him in check. RPing is good and all that but as you're well aware in this game things can turn around pretty quickly and even if your guy is friends with him it doesn't mean your heir won't find an enemy instead of a friend.

Triactus
Emperor

PostSubject: Re: Crusaders Kings 2   Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:03 pm

So I was right. At 51, Kjartan kicked the bucket as an incapable infirm. Laughing His last years was occupied with an attempt to overtake the Holstein county. Its a de jure part of Danemark, but has been part of East Francia since forever, thus untouchable. There had been a civil war in East Francia, with the Duke owning Holstein being independant. I tried to quickly nab Holstein, but I was at 38% war score when the civil war ended and my claim was cancelled. So close! I then successfully defended Zeeland (the county I acquire in the Holland kingdom) just before Kjartan died.

The Emperor is dead, long live Emperor Haesteinn Trönde! This has officially been my longest CK2 game with this fifth character (after King Rögalvdr Trönde the wise, King Sveinn Trönde the pious, Emperor Thodr Trönde and Emperor Kjartan Trönde the noble).

Since I'm in the fifth generation, it's rather fun to trace the lineage. Haesteinn is the offshoot of my first character's eldest son, who died in his late twenties in battle. He's also the son of a vassal who was annoying me. Laughing But all in all, I'm glad for the character. He's only 24 (which, like for Kjartan who also inherited at a young age, will probably end up having the long reign bonus). He has horrible stats (including 6 in martial and 0 in espionage (!) ), but for one : 31 in diplomacy! cheers He's married with a so so wife and has one child : a 1 year old son, whose a dwarf. Laughing

I kept my councilors, including my spymaster, who, like Kjartan, I took as a concubine. With his high diplomacy, he was already liked by most of his vassals. I spent a bit of coin to get in the good graces of the rest.

My next stop : I think I will put my conquests in the UK on hold and try my hand at unifying Finland under my rule. Very Happy

Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: Crusaders Kings 2   Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:37 pm

It's the unexpected elements that make this game interesting! Smile

Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: Crusaders Kings 2   Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:05 am

The Jade Dragon dlc looks like the most underwhelming dlc since Sunset Invasion... I really don't see what we can expect from the dlc in the west save for a few extra CBs. It looks to me that the devs have given in to fans asking for China (India was already pushing it looking at the crusade theme). The issue here is that the dlc won't please people who want China in the game since they are off the map and it won't please people like me who'd rather get an improved game experience in the west... I have to say I'm less and less pleased with the direction they are taking. This dlc seems very light on content so I hope it will be priced accordingly (but I don't expect that will be the case). Don't get me wrong I love the game but I don't like what they're doing with it. A disjointed mess is not what I'm looking forward to and frankly at this point I'm certainly not looking forward to the next iteration.

Triactus
Emperor

PostSubject: Re: Crusaders Kings 2   Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:15 pm

I went to have a look at what the dlc is offering and I can't help but completely agree with you. You can submit to a power that's not even on the map? wut? Why would you even do that? Can China send powerful generals to beat you senseless à la Mongol horde in Medival Total War II?

But, if the price is right, I might buy it because of this feature :

Quote :
Rally Points: Instruct your levies to automatically gather up exactly where you want them.

That fixes the biggest issue with tribal levies!!!! Alelujah, praise the lord! cheers

Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: Crusaders Kings 2   Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:34 pm

I really don't want to pay more than 9.99 for what they're offering and chances are they will sell it for more than that...

The whole thing about submitting to China is preposterous.

Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: Crusaders Kings 2   Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:28 pm

I've read a bit about the next CK2 DLC and it looks like crap. They're going to add China without adding China. Bottom line China will be able to mess with us but we won't be able to do anything to mess with China. It seems rather one sided... At this point I'm starting to wish that they'd decide to move on and call it a day. CK2 is a great game but I've been delaying playing for ages simply because I don't want to be stuck with a new patch that breaks my ongoing game. It's starting to be a pain. Not to mention the silly amount of money it took over the years to keep up with the new content. Bottom line I will think very carefully before ever picking another game published by Paradox as I can't say I'm that thrilled by their latest DLC plans when they should flesh out the existing game. CK2 didn't need China... They've already resorted to tricks to prevent the saves from getting bloated because of all the characters so now they're adding mechanics that are disconnected from the rest of the game. I can't say that I approve.

Triactus
Emperor

PostSubject: Re: Crusaders Kings 2   Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:23 pm

Yeah, when I read the DLC announcement, my initial thought was "wait, what?". I don't know in what world they think this will be a worthy addition to the game.

I agree that they should move on. Might be they don't plan on revisiting Crusader Kings again, so they might be milking the cow of all it's worth until they move on to another game. This is like a TV show where they make one or two seasons more than they should have. You remember that last bad season more than the ones that were great.

And like you said, new patches can sometimes create havoc on saved games. My Fallout game has been pretty much killed by a mix of mods with a recent Bethesda update.

Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: Crusaders Kings 2   Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:57 pm

The only reason to even consider a CK3 would be a 64 bit engine in order to bypass the limitation as far as characters are concerned.

The problem is that even if they were to come up with a CK3 they would have to change things up significantly in order to make it worth our while and I really don't see them putting all the stuff they had put in CK2 over the years in CK3 on day one.

In any case I like the game but I've been holding off just because I don't want to mess up a save considering the last time I actually finished a game it took me sixty hours.

I'm really not keen on the China DLC. Tibetan portraits look cool but how are we supposed to even get there if we start in Europe. Being able to look towards the East when starting in the Holy Land is cool but frankly I haven't played any serious game as a Mongol or an Indian ruler.

Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator

PostSubject: Re: Crusaders Kings 2   Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:18 am

Jade Empire is 15% off at WinGameStore:

https://www.wingamestore.com/product/8089/Crusader-Kings-II-Jade-Dragon/

I may end up picking it although I'm currently having some unforeseen expanses so the timing is not ideal.

I can't say I approve of the way they've been handling things but I've been aching to play some good old CK2 for quite some time now.

EDIT: I had some reward credit at that store so I was able to pick it for even less. I'll report back when I have time to check it out in game.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crusaders Kings 2   

Back to top Go down

Crusaders Kings 2
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Belle Sakura Saloon :: The Gaming House :: The Hole in the Wall-
Jump to: