Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Crusaders Kings 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Crusaders Kings 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Crusaders Kings 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Crusaders Kings 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Crusaders Kings 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Crusaders Kings 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Crusaders Kings 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Crusaders Kings 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Crusaders Kings 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Crusaders Kings 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Crusaders Kings 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Crusaders Kings 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Crusaders Kings 2

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
Triactus
Emperor
Triactus

Crusaders Kings 2 - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crusaders Kings 2   Crusaders Kings 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2016 12:57 pm

Hahahaha, that's great!! Keep those stories coming... Razz

A similar thing happened to me in a previous game (I think it was on the Song of Ice and Fire mod). My character, in his sixties, started to go crazy from guilt over all the people he plotted to kill. So he would do crazy things like just getting up during a feast with his vassals, taking off his clothes and howling to the moon, or, like your character, he once fired his chancellor and replaced him with his horse. I love how things like that can happen! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Crusaders Kings 2   Crusaders Kings 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2016 9:17 pm

The new DLC that is coming out next looks pretty neat:

Quote :
Monastic Orders: With lay offices available to non-clerical characters, monastic orders will increase your character’s piety - but they have expectations.
Cults: Gnostic heresies may flourish and its is rumored that the worship of Satan continues in the darkened fringes of the world
Climb the Ranks: Characters work their way up the ladder of Societies, unlocking new abilities and triggering new event chains
Hunt for Heretics: Send your chaplain out to find secret societies that undermine the holy church and your realm. But what if the hunter is guilty himself?
Other New Councillor Actions: Your councillors have a fourth action that will make them more powerful and integral to sound rulership
And much more: Assassins, archaeological expeditions, holy relics, great treasures and more

I'm really looking forward to playing an illuminati or a heretic. All this sounds pretty good. king
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Triactus
Emperor
Triactus

PostSubject: Re: Crusaders Kings 2   Crusaders Kings 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 15, 2017 9:11 pm

I had some free time and had a CKII craving, so I went back to my game as Scandinavian Emperor Kjartan. I had united all of Sweden and Norway as well as most of Danemark and a few Finnish counties. In the UK, I had all of Scotland, all but one county of Ireland (property of a Wales kingdom). I am looking at what I can do. I can of course pick off English kings (Wessex and Mercia are the big players at 7 counties each, but there are several small kings, though there is a lot of alliances through marriage.

I decided to join my vassal's war to take East Anglia (as it helped me in the grand scheme of things). Only it took forever, since as I joined, my vassal was already minus 35 %. I think it took 5 years to finally win the damn thing, even with all my other vassals called in. Of course, a dumb Finnish king decided it would be the perfect time to wage war against me for one of my Finnish counties. It was like a fly I swated while I finished in the UK. After, it was a couple of years to go through that damn war too, because his army was constantly on the run from me. I was finally able to subdue it and win the thing (a nice little 36 gold and a prisoner for my next blot. Twisted Evil )

Another cool thing happened. My kinsman's wife was my spymaster (a nice little 20 in intrigue). But when my niece came of age, she had a whooping 28 in intrigue. So I shipped my kinsman away (along with my former spymaster) as the mayor of the Cornwall city (I had recently conquered the county and hadn't handed out the titles). But lo and behold, she held a grudge and a couple months later, my niece told me my former spymaster was plotting to see me dead. So she's now rotting in my dungeon, also awaiting the blot. Twisted Evil

Emperor Kjartan is also STILL waiting to have a son. The Empress, who gave him four daughters, is in her late thirties, so the hope of seeing her become pregnant is fading. Kjartan has a concubine, who gave him.... a daughter. Neutral (it seems there is some new viking options, probably was introduced with the newer DLCs. Viking lords can now make women become shieldmaidens, which in turn can be named commanders for the viking lord's army. So because my concubine had 20 in martial, she's now my main army commander... Laughing I just don't know if the shieldmaiden identity prevents her from having other children). I really want Kjartan to have a son, so I decided...erm... to take another concubine, which... as it were... is my spymaster niece. I mean she has the genius trait, I think she had like 20 in diplomacy and 15 in martial. Her traits are simply awesome. I just hope that if they have children, they won't have the inbred trait. Sad

I don't know exactly what I'm going to do next. I could keep going at the English and Welsh kings, I could expand in northern Europe (Danemark and north Poland), I could try to take the rest of Finland. But, looking at the long term picture, Ill have to decide if I want to stay tribal or go feudal. But to go feudal, I need to reform the Norse religion. And to reform the Norse religion, I need a Germanic moral authority of at least 50. Considering I have 37 at the moment, and that each of the five holy sites give a 10 to moral authority, I'll have to look into the two that are not under my control (a +10 would drive me to 47, which is a short walk to 50). One of the two is very deep in East Francia's lands, so forget it. The other is on the coast, next to Holland. Only, the king who controls that site has 7 counties (5 of which he controls directly). He can muster around 12 000 or 13 000 troops. I personally have... 1800 levies. I can call all of my vassals, but attacking a coast is a complete logistical nightmare with tribal vassals. They all come from anywhere, land one at a time with 200 or 300 soldiers. (the game really should let you at least input a rallying point. It isn't far fetch to say "hey guys, let's all land a few counties away, and march to destination together).

What do you think I should do, Cara? Wait for that king to die of old age (though he's fairly young) and hope they have inheritance problems?
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Crusaders Kings 2   Crusaders Kings 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 16, 2017 2:22 pm

That's a pretty good game you've got going and I'd say go for it. You could hire a few mercs to tie you over while your vassals get there or you could try and get that king killed to create some chaos. That would soften the resistance quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
Triactus
Emperor
Triactus

PostSubject: Re: Crusaders Kings 2   Crusaders Kings 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 22, 2017 6:00 pm

I got to play a bit while the baby was sleeping. I decided to heed your advice. But I had to invade, since I couldn't go over 60% in plot power.

I declared war, then sent ships near the coast as recon (else, the kingdom would be obscured by the fog of war), just to see what the king was up to. I noticed he raised all of his troops (around 11 000) and all of his ships too. I was thinking "crap, he's going on the offensive". So I raised my 2000 levies in the Scandinavian continent (the strong half of my demesne, the rest in in the UK). I called all of my tribal vassals to war, thinking my Scandanavian vassals' troops would link up with my own. I got to about 8 000 when I noticed something funny. The enemy king's army went to attack my vassal's provinces in southern England. I packed up my stuff and headed out to the now empty Zeeland county I coveted, along with my UK and direct vassals' (mayors and priests) levies.

I landed about 3000 troops and started besieging the county. I also raised 2500 mercenary warriors (the ones you got through the intrigue screen with a prestige cost, rather than pay with money) to bolster my force a bit. Then my vassals started dripping into the county. I was losing holdings in England, but I was taking holdings in Holland, which had a much netter Battle score value. After a while, the attacking enemy force was down to about 7800 troops (the battles fought against my vassals' troops (though they were vastly outnumbered) and besieged holding bled their numbers). Meanwhile, I was up to 15 000! (I also had a nice surprise : my marshal was building my legend, and 1700 warriors popped up in my capital, ready for battle).

After completely conquering five counties in England, the kings troops came back, but in two separate waves. I dropped everything and beat the two armies as they landed, thus securing my victory. Crusaders Kings 2 - Page 12 74522

In the following months, I was able to reform the Germanic religion and become the head of it. I'm not quite sure what the advantage is, but I now only need absolute authority to become feudal. I don't plan on heading that way just yet, but the option is closer, now.

Kjartan also had two more children, through his concubines, both daughters! That's like 8 or 9 daughters and no sons, now. It was his only lifetime wish to have a boy... Laughing It's also neat that through events, he finally became lovers with his wife, and best friends with one of his concubines. Smile Both of his concubines are now shieldmaidens, which I think is kinda cool. It's like his two personal bodyguards. Smile

I was also able to execute two traitors and a catholic bishop at a blot, which is always cool. But I think that, at 46, Kjartan's time is coming to a close. He is now infirm, which not only greatly impacts his stats, but also his health. My designated heir has very good diplomacy, which I will need. Through Kjartan's time, one of his main vassal, the king of Sweden, has quietly amassed a few more jarldoms and is now at 39 counties. I fear Kjartan's death. Sad I could kill the king of sweden, but since Kjartan is loyal and is friends with the king, it doesn't make much RP sense. :/
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Crusaders Kings 2   Crusaders Kings 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 22, 2017 6:45 pm

I love it when a plan comes together, well done Tri! Smile

The king of Sweden sounds like trouble down the line unless you make sure to keep him in check. RPing is good and all that but as you're well aware in this game things can turn around pretty quickly and even if your guy is friends with him it doesn't mean your heir won't find an enemy instead of a friend.
Back to top Go down
Triactus
Emperor
Triactus

PostSubject: Re: Crusaders Kings 2   Crusaders Kings 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 24, 2017 9:03 pm

So I was right. At 51, Kjartan kicked the bucket as an incapable infirm. Laughing His last years was occupied with an attempt to overtake the Holstein county. Its a de jure part of Danemark, but has been part of East Francia since forever, thus untouchable. There had been a civil war in East Francia, with the Duke owning Holstein being independant. I tried to quickly nab Holstein, but I was at 38% war score when the civil war ended and my claim was cancelled. So close! I then successfully defended Zeeland (the county I acquire in the Holland kingdom) just before Kjartan died.

The Emperor is dead, long live Emperor Haesteinn Trönde! This has officially been my longest CK2 game with this fifth character (after King Rögalvdr Trönde the wise, King Sveinn Trönde the pious, Emperor Thodr Trönde and Emperor Kjartan Trönde the noble).

Since I'm in the fifth generation, it's rather fun to trace the lineage. Haesteinn is the offshoot of my first character's eldest son, who died in his late twenties in battle. He's also the son of a vassal who was annoying me. Laughing But all in all, I'm glad for the character. He's only 24 (which, like for Kjartan who also inherited at a young age, will probably end up having the long reign bonus). He has horrible stats (including 6 in martial and 0 in espionage (!) ), but for one : 31 in diplomacy! cheers He's married with a so so wife and has one child : a 1 year old son, whose a dwarf. Laughing

I kept my councilors, including my spymaster, who, like Kjartan, I took as a concubine. With his high diplomacy, he was already liked by most of his vassals. I spent a bit of coin to get in the good graces of the rest.

My next stop : I think I will put my conquests in the UK on hold and try my hand at unifying Finland under my rule. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Crusaders Kings 2   Crusaders Kings 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 24, 2017 9:37 pm

It's the unexpected elements that make this game interesting! Smile
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Crusaders Kings 2   Crusaders Kings 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 27, 2017 8:05 am

The Jade Dragon dlc looks like the most underwhelming dlc since Sunset Invasion... I really don't see what we can expect from the dlc in the west save for a few extra CBs. It looks to me that the devs have given in to fans asking for China (India was already pushing it looking at the crusade theme). The issue here is that the dlc won't please people who want China in the game since they are off the map and it won't please people like me who'd rather get an improved game experience in the west... I have to say I'm less and less pleased with the direction they are taking. This dlc seems very light on content so I hope it will be priced accordingly (but I don't expect that will be the case). Don't get me wrong I love the game but I don't like what they're doing with it. A disjointed mess is not what I'm looking forward to and frankly at this point I'm certainly not looking forward to the next iteration.
Back to top Go down
Triactus
Emperor
Triactus

PostSubject: Re: Crusaders Kings 2   Crusaders Kings 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 27, 2017 5:15 pm

I went to have a look at what the dlc is offering and I can't help but completely agree with you. You can submit to a power that's not even on the map? wut? Why would you even do that? Can China send powerful generals to beat you senseless à la Mongol horde in Medival Total War II?

But, if the price is right, I might buy it because of this feature :

Quote :
Rally Points: Instruct your levies to automatically gather up exactly where you want them.

That fixes the biggest issue with tribal levies!!!! Alelujah, praise the lord! cheers
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Crusaders Kings 2   Crusaders Kings 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 27, 2017 6:34 pm

I really don't want to pay more than 9.99 for what they're offering and chances are they will sell it for more than that...

The whole thing about submitting to China is preposterous.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Crusaders Kings 2   Crusaders Kings 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 16, 2017 5:28 pm

I've read a bit about the next CK2 DLC and it looks like crap. They're going to add China without adding China. Bottom line China will be able to mess with us but we won't be able to do anything to mess with China. It seems rather one sided... At this point I'm starting to wish that they'd decide to move on and call it a day. CK2 is a great game but I've been delaying playing for ages simply because I don't want to be stuck with a new patch that breaks my ongoing game. It's starting to be a pain. Not to mention the silly amount of money it took over the years to keep up with the new content. Bottom line I will think very carefully before ever picking another game published by Paradox as I can't say I'm that thrilled by their latest DLC plans when they should flesh out the existing game. CK2 didn't need China... They've already resorted to tricks to prevent the saves from getting bloated because of all the characters so now they're adding mechanics that are disconnected from the rest of the game. I can't say that I approve.
Back to top Go down
Triactus
Emperor
Triactus

PostSubject: Re: Crusaders Kings 2   Crusaders Kings 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2017 2:23 pm

Yeah, when I read the DLC announcement, my initial thought was "wait, what?". I don't know in what world they think this will be a worthy addition to the game.

I agree that they should move on. Might be they don't plan on revisiting Crusader Kings again, so they might be milking the cow of all it's worth until they move on to another game. This is like a TV show where they make one or two seasons more than they should have. You remember that last bad season more than the ones that were great.

And like you said, new patches can sometimes create havoc on saved games. My Fallout game has been pretty much killed by a mix of mods with a recent Bethesda update.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Crusaders Kings 2   Crusaders Kings 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 17, 2017 4:57 pm

The only reason to even consider a CK3 would be a 64 bit engine in order to bypass the limitation as far as characters are concerned.

The problem is that even if they were to come up with a CK3 they would have to change things up significantly in order to make it worth our while and I really don't see them putting all the stuff they had put in CK2 over the years in CK3 on day one.

In any case I like the game but I've been holding off just because I don't want to mess up a save considering the last time I actually finished a game it took me sixty hours.

I'm really not keen on the China DLC. Tibetan portraits look cool but how are we supposed to even get there if we start in Europe. Being able to look towards the East when starting in the Holy Land is cool but frankly I haven't played any serious game as a Mongol or an Indian ruler.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Crusaders Kings 2   Crusaders Kings 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 9:18 am

Jade Empire is 15% off at WinGameStore:

https://www.wingamestore.com/product/8089/Crusader-Kings-II-Jade-Dragon/

I may end up picking it although I'm currently having some unforeseen expanses so the timing is not ideal.

I can't say I approve of the way they've been handling things but I've been aching to play some good old CK2 for quite some time now.

EDIT: I had some reward credit at that store so I was able to pick it for even less. I'll report back when I have time to check it out in game.
Back to top Go down
Triactus
Emperor
Triactus

PostSubject: Re: Crusaders Kings 2   Crusaders Kings 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 4:59 pm

I know I was supposed to give another go at Civ VI for you, Cara, but I got an urge to play Crusader Kings II. And since I hadn't played in a long while, I decide to indulge myself. Smile  (though I did reinstall Civ VI and played for an hour before going back to CK2. It's becoming a trend for me, not being able to focus on a Civ VI game).

I picked up my viking game again. But alas, people kept declaring war on me (honestly, it's ridiculous. I had to reload a couple of times because attacking overseas with tribal vassal is retarded, but adding the different loaded games, something like 10 different kingdoms declared war on me... Three of which I ended up fighting for real). After I mopped up the King of Holland (twice now, since I had to beat the same king before to grab the island next to Holland, a norse holy site), I noticed something peculiar : after successfully sieging Holland, I captured the Queen. I had a blot coming up, so I kept the queen locked away. I thought it was a shame, though, since she had 21 in the martial skill. I then developed an even more insidious plan : I took the Queen as concubine (in your face, King!). I then showered her with gifts. "What a nice bloke you turned out to be!", she said. "Well, if you want me to stay nice, you better start praying to Odin and sacrificing goats to Thor". "Sure, why not!".

So safely converted to the germanic religion, I was able to use a viking perk : train her as a sheildmaiden. And as my new sheildmaiden, I was now free to promote her to commander of my armies (and eventually marshall, after my old marshall kicked the bucket). I can't wait for my truce with the King of Holland to expire, so he can see his ex-wife land on his shore, with face paint and war cries, planting her axes in his soldiers faces. THERE NEEDS TO BE A MOVIE ABOUT THIS!

I also repeat almost the same thing in Finland. I was attacking the last Finnish High chief. After capturing his capital, I netted 27 female prisoners (!!), including his wife and two concubines. His wife had shit stats so I keep her locked up just because, but I took one of his concubines and one unrelated woman and did the whole sheildmaiden thing. That's now 5 sheildmaiden I've taken as concubines (one has died of natural cause and one I set aside as concubine, but still kept around as commander). One is marshall, one is spymaster. I like how it's almost like a secret society of amazon bodyguards (might be hairy, I don't know) that wield power with the emperor behind the scenes. That's so viking... Laughing

I also been a little busy in England. The two Scottish counties I don't own are held by a queen that is allied with an English and a Welsh king, so taking them isn't simple. But since I just successfully resisted an attack by the trio to overtake a previously held county by the Scottish Queen (it was a holy war, so every single norse joined in, including a new large viking holy order in Danemark), I knew their armies and levies were gone. I went around breaking the truce by going after the English king in the alliance (the weakest of the three). With him gone, there are now only two allies. Mouahahaha. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Crusaders Kings 2   Crusaders Kings 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 5:47 pm

That's quite the epic tale but 21 in Martial isn't that high. Wink

I didn't know about the shield maiden trick (I haven't played pagans in ages), I'll have to give it a try some day. Hairy Shield Maidens for the win!!! Laughing

In my last game I kept screwing things up with secret societies and religious conversions. It was a bit messy especially with Muslims taking over the entire Western Europe (I never saw that before).

Don't you worry about Civ 6, the fact that you can't summon the energy to get back into that game is all I need to know... Things may improve with the expansion but I doubt that.
Back to top Go down
Triactus
Emperor
Triactus

PostSubject: Re: Crusaders Kings 2   Crusaders Kings 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 6:12 pm

Carabas wrote:
That's quite the epic tale but 21 in Martial isn't that high. Wink

It is to me. My character has 3 in martial and I have something like 4 vassals or courtiers that are above 12 in martial. A 21 is pretty decent. How we manage to win wars is beyond me. Laughing

And you have to take them as concubine before you turn them into sheildmaidens if they're prisoners. It's the only way I know of to keep them from going back home once they're released (unless I'm mistaken?).

Carabas wrote:
In my last game I kept screwing things up with secret societies and religious conversions. It was a bit messy especially with Muslims taking over the entire Western Europe (I never saw that before).

I don't actually have the dlc which adds secret societies (I only have the blank ss menu screen). With what extension is it added to the game, again? Is it any good?  And I've also been meaning to ask you, do you have the dlc which adds treasuries and heirlooms? Does it add anything interesting to the game?
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Crusaders Kings 2   Crusaders Kings 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 6:59 pm

I have all the DLCs. Secret Societies are introduced with Monk & Mystics and I believe relics and heirlooms are introduced by the same DLC.

It's great fun but it can get weird really fast.

Let me illustrate my point with an example from my last game. I had a high Intrigue character who got into Lucifer's Own (the Satanists who are a bit overzealous and overpowered) and focused on Seduction (because if you're going to mess things up why stop half way?) and my guy managed to seduce Charlemagne's queen and got her pregnant with a baby girl. Of course Charlemagne found out and became my character's rival but he ended up dying in mysterious circumstances and my guy got an event allowing him to dig up Charlie's skull to keep it as a souvenir... Laughing

There are other Secret Societies and some of these are less in your face than the Devil worshippers. You can also "create" your own society by secretly following a different religion than the one you openly profess to be following in which case you can recruit other characters and convince them to join you and later on you can even decide to openly adopt your heresy or secret religion.

It adds many fun things but it can be exploited and things can get a bit too far (just like the Seduction focus before it was nerfed).

https://ck2.paradoxwikis.com/Monks_and_Mystics

I believe it is a good DLC especially since with the different settings you can pick and choose when starting a new game you can turn off supernatural events if you want a more serious game.

Conclave and Reaper's Due are good as well (Conclave gets a bad rep but that's because of the patch, the content is fine especially the favour system which brings a lot to the table in terms of negotiations). The only real drawback is that they are too expensive but that's just Paradox (and the reason why I'm not getting another game from them, ample reason for skipping Stellaris or Hearts of Iron)

Monks & Mystics is currently 50% off:

https://www.fanatical.com/en/dlc/crusader-kings-ii-monks-and-mystics

If you're planning to play a lot of CK2 you may get your money's worth but even at a discount I don't think it's cheap (for that price you could get a regular game during the last Steam sale).
Back to top Go down
Triactus
Emperor
Triactus

PostSubject: Re: Crusaders Kings 2   Crusaders Kings 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 7:08 pm

Hum... interesting. I might look it more closely tonight. Like you're saying, if I'm going to be playing CK2 for a while, a new DLC might bring in more diversity. (although it is really weird to be unearthing the skull of your rival and keep it as a souvenir... LOL).

Is there a fixed reason or requirement to found a new society? Can you just decide to found a society and invite who you feel like? It would be so great to found the SHADS (Secret Hairy Amazons Bodyguards Society). Laughing
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Crusaders Kings 2   Crusaders Kings 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 7:10 pm

You can't create the society you want unfortunately.

Basically there are requirements and some of them are harder to find. In fact most of the time they find you.

There a reason why they're secret.

The greatest thing about this DLC is that it does bring other things to do in game when you're not focusing on expansion and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Triactus
Emperor
Triactus

PostSubject: Re: Crusaders Kings 2   Crusaders Kings 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 7:21 pm

Carabas wrote:
The greatest thing about this DLC is that it does bring other things to do in game when you're not focusing on expansion and stuff.

Yeah, and with the threat level thing, there's a lot of time in between invasions.

I also tried to install mods to improve the gameplay, but every mod I subscribed to downloaded, but the mods screen in the game loader is empty (next to where you click on the content to play with). Have you had any problems with mods?

R.I.P SHADS. Sad It's okay, though. I'll still found it. It will be a society so secret, even the game won't know about it. Razz
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Crusaders Kings 2   Crusaders Kings 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 8:34 pm

That's the spirit! Smile

I play Ironman so only a few mods work with that mode but I didn't experience that sort of things. But it's been a while and I haven't been using mods for quite some time.

The DLC you can safely skip are Rajas, Horse Lords and Jade Empire. They're cool if you're playing in the East but they're not the ones you want especially considering you don't have Monks & Mystics, Conclave and Reaper's Due.

I like the idea of getting new content but I'm not too pleased about what they've been doing lately (China was a terrible idea and they only did it to appease rabid fans which is never a good idea). The game can't handle too many characters at the same time so if I got this right it seems that ever since Rajas the game has been deleting characters that are no longer alive to avoid bloating up... That's another reason why it's always been a terrible idea to have too many people in your court (the fertility is dialled down if you go over the limit). This game could really use a 64 bit exe but that won't happen anytime soon. Besides when it comes to DLC I can't imagine a new player coming to this game and looking at the price tag for all the content. In all fairness that's probably why I won't get another game by Paradox and why I'm glad Pillars of Eternity 2 won't be published by Paradox (so if we decide to pick it up we may not have to deal with a boatload of DLC and numerous collector's editions for the base game with overpriced goodies -fingers crossed).
Back to top Go down
Triactus
Emperor
Triactus

PostSubject: Re: Crusaders Kings 2   Crusaders Kings 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 8:46 pm

Carabas wrote:
I play Ironman so only a few mods work with that mode but I didn't experience that sort of things. But it's been a while and I haven't been using mods for quite some time.

If you start up a new game with a pagan/tribal culture, don't do an Ironman game. Seriously, an overseas invasion with tribal vassal with make you burst all of the veins in your forehead (an overseas invasion is the worst, but the overall A.I. for tribal vassals is absolute crap). I think they added a "rally to" feature for tribal vassal in a newer dlc, but I don't get my hopes up until I try it out.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Crusaders Kings 2   Crusaders Kings 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 08, 2018 9:51 pm

Like I said it's been ages since I played as a Pagan. I only play Ironman because I like the challenge and not relying on saves makes things more interesting to me. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crusaders Kings 2   Crusaders Kings 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crusaders Kings 2
Page 12 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 15 ... 19  Next