Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
The Brits are coming and they aren't too bright I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
The Brits are coming and they aren't too bright I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
The Brits are coming and they aren't too bright I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
The Brits are coming and they aren't too bright I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
The Brits are coming and they aren't too bright I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
The Brits are coming and they aren't too bright I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
The Brits are coming and they aren't too bright I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
The Brits are coming and they aren't too bright I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
The Brits are coming and they aren't too bright I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
The Brits are coming and they aren't too bright I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
The Brits are coming and they aren't too bright I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
The Brits are coming and they aren't too bright I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Brits are coming and they aren't too bright

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Trip
Psycho Princess
Trip

The Brits are coming and they aren't too bright Empty
PostSubject: The Brits are coming and they aren't too bright   The Brits are coming and they aren't too bright I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 10:21 am

This is going to be split into three parts:
1) The Disclaimer
2) Some Scene setting
3) The Script

The Disclaimer
The following contains a lot of stereo-typing. However, it is the British that are the ones that are stereo-typed so don’t worry, I’m not about to start an international incident. As a Brit myself I hereby give myself full permission to take the piss in whatever way I see fit and, in the event I am offended by my piss-taking, I lay the blame fully on myself.
Be advised that no Europeans were harmed in the writing of this crap.

Some Scene Setting
Picture the following: A seaside town in Spain. The sun is shining, the birds are singing and the tourists are wandering around looking lost.
Now imagine two women. They are clearly tourists. They are in their seventies. One of them is wearing a white canvas hat and sunglasses; the other is eying up the waiter across the street. They need directions and use their considerable language skills to ask a local chap the way...

The Script (See, got there in the end!)

RITA: Ethel, can you remember how to get back to the hotel?

ETHEL: No, you had a map you said

RITA: You put it in your bag!

ETHEL: I did not!

RITA: Yes you did. You’ve lost it haven’t you? Every bloody time! I knew I should have brought Joan with me, she’s reliable.

ETHEL: I don’t know how you dare! I’m perfectly reliable! Anyway, Joan wouldn’t have come. She’s got a thing with the young man who does the meals-on-wheels van for number 24.

RITA: Eeeeh, I never would have thought it? You mean Mrs. Scoggins Grandson?

ETHEL: Yes and you know what she said the day he was born...

RITA: Oh yes, well, there was no surprise he inherited that from his father. I remember the look on his mothers face the day after the Wedding

ETHEL: Yeah! I saw it once, it was massive. I’d have loved my old Arthur (may he rest in peace) to have given me one that big!

RITA: Yes but it was a bugger to wash and you could only get it out when you had company

ETHEL: Too ri....hang on, what are you talking about?

RITA: That Tea service. His mother loved it but she hated having to wash it. That’s why Joan’ll be after him. She always had an eye for china

ETHEL: Tea service. Yep. Tea service. That’s what I was thinking of as well obviously.

RITA: Look, there’s a nice looking boy over there, you can speak this foreign gabble, go and ask him for directions.

ETHEL: (clearly not paying attention) I didn’t mention anything other than a tea service did I? I was just saying it was a big one....What did you say?

RITA: I said go and ask that lad over there for directions. You can speak foreign like a native

ETHEL: (approaching said man) Excuse me, can you tell me where the Hotel del Flamingo is please?

MAN: (I’m sorry, I don’t speak English)

ETHEL: (speaking slowly) Wheeeere iiiis theee hooo-tel del Flam-in-go?

MAN: (I’m really sorry, I can’t understand you. Do you speak [Language])

ETHEL: Rita, I don’t think he understands me

RITA: You can never do anything right. He’s not going to understand you talking like that, is he? Let me try, I know how to speak to the locals
(Speaks loudly and slowly) WHERE....IS....THE....HOTEL...DEL....FLAM-IN-GO?

MAN: (Why are you yelling at me?)

ETHEL: DO... YOU... SPEAKY... DE... ENGLISHY?

MAN: (Look you mental old bats, I don’t speak English and I have no idea what a speakydeenglishy is!)

ETHEL: I think he might be a bit simple

RITA: Could be, there’s a lot of that goes on around here you know.

ETHEL: I know, I asked the woman at the reception desk if there was somewhere near here that sold bunion cream the other day and she didn’t have a clue. Must be something in the water. You know you can never trust the water in these places.

MAN: (I’m not even from this country, I’m on holiday! What do you want?!?!)

ETHEL: Poor bugger. He thinks he’s talking English. Bless him. IT’S OK, WE WILL ASK SOMEWHERE ELSE!

MAN: (Do you want directions? Is that why you’re waving your arms around? If I smile and point will you go away?)

RITA: Look, he’s pointing down there! He did understand. Don’t know why he had to go through all that.

ETHEL: Well maybe he just worked it out. Anyway, I’m not sure he’s sending us the right way. There’s a lot of women down there with their stocking tops on display...

RITA: He’s clearly a local, he speaks that funny lingo and he keeps nodding and smiling. Come on. (To the man) THANK YOU! WE ARE GOING NOW! YOU HAVE A NICE COUNTRY HERE!

(As our two ladies wander merrily into the red light district they can be heard talking to each other)

ETHEL: I’m not sure he was Spanish you know...

RITA: Come to think of it, neither am I. Look at her! She's not even wearing a vest!
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Brits are coming and they aren't too bright   The Brits are coming and they aren't too bright I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 11:01 am

Very Happy nice one, Sil. I just remembered we have SimfanSP (in ghost fashion) who is from Gibraltar and speaks Spanish. Spanish is always good to use when USA folks are around since I think more people here speak Spanish than English in some form or another.
Back to top Go down
Trip
Psycho Princess
Trip

PostSubject: Re: The Brits are coming and they aren't too bright   The Brits are coming and they aren't too bright I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 11:13 am

Fair enough. If Spanish is the language used then you would have to change the location and the line 'I'm not sure he's Spanish' to read something else. That's fine with me though. It's really about the fact that British tourists expect EVERYONE to speak English and, if they don't, then they will understand if you speak slowly and/or shout! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Brits are coming and they aren't too bright   The Brits are coming and they aren't too bright I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 11:26 am

Laughing Sounds just like many American Tourists.
Back to top Go down
Trip
Psycho Princess
Trip

PostSubject: Re: The Brits are coming and they aren't too bright   The Brits are coming and they aren't too bright I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 11:31 am

Laughing you can write the American version then
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Brits are coming and they aren't too bright   The Brits are coming and they aren't too bright I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 6:30 pm

Don't need to just use yours with a USA accent of any kind. Wish I could do a new England accent. That would sound classy and silly. Very Happy

Kennedy type speak.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: The Brits are coming and they aren't too bright   The Brits are coming and they aren't too bright I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 7:19 pm

Kennedy type? You may consider Latin quotations then like in Ich bin ein Berliner! Civis Romanus sum! Wink
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The Brits are coming and they aren't too bright   The Brits are coming and they aren't too bright I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 7:27 pm

Laughing It is that New England accent that gets me. Can't speak USA English, got to be better than the rest of us. Very Happy Goes perfectly in my opinion with sil's script.
Back to top Go down
Jezdamayel
Janitor
Jezdamayel

PostSubject: Re: The Brits are coming and they aren't too bright   The Brits are coming and they aren't too bright I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 8:56 pm

LOLOL!!! that was FUNNY!!! tea set LOLOL!!! the caps when talking reminded me of a game played. ( before fallout nv) if your int. was 1 people would yell at you in caps(the typing)thinking you would understand them better.

very good work! very funny! 5 stars!!
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/jezdamayel/
Trip
Psycho Princess
Trip

PostSubject: Re: The Brits are coming and they aren't too bright   The Brits are coming and they aren't too bright I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 9:05 pm

Thanks Jez Very Happy the caps are indeed an indication of shouting
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Brits are coming and they aren't too bright   The Brits are coming and they aren't too bright I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Brits are coming and they aren't too bright
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Belle Sakura Saloon :: From Zane Grey's Desk :: Stories by the fire-
Jump to: