Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Closed Contest Posts Archive I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Closed Contest Posts Archive I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Closed Contest Posts Archive I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Closed Contest Posts Archive I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Closed Contest Posts Archive I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Closed Contest Posts Archive I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Closed Contest Posts Archive I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Closed Contest Posts Archive I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Closed Contest Posts Archive I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Closed Contest Posts Archive I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Closed Contest Posts Archive I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Closed Contest Posts Archive I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Closed Contest Posts Archive

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jezdamayel
Janitor
Jezdamayel

Closed Contest Posts Archive Empty
PostSubject: Closed Contest Posts Archive   Closed Contest Posts Archive I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 8:42 pm

contest lines are up!!! the contest will start on the 13th! remember, have fun!
(please see rules for more info)
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/jezdamayel/
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Closed Contest Posts Archive   Closed Contest Posts Archive I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 8:51 pm

Thank you, jez. I hope people will join the contest just to have a little fun.
Back to top Go down
Jezdamayel
Janitor
Jezdamayel

PostSubject: Re: Closed Contest Posts Archive   Closed Contest Posts Archive I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 8:03 pm

ok! here are mine! you must pardon me. it hurts when i talk so they are not the best but i still had fun

[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

to get past the horrid ad eyesore from this site just press the skip add on the far right had side at the top ( when it lets you)
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Closed Contest Posts Archive   Closed Contest Posts Archive I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 11:43 pm

I will get mine to you by tomorrow sometime. Sorry for the delay.
Back to top Go down
Jezdamayel
Janitor
Jezdamayel

PostSubject: Re: Closed Contest Posts Archive   Closed Contest Posts Archive I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 1:24 am

Contest extended! read top of thread for more ^_____^
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Closed Contest Posts Archive   Closed Contest Posts Archive I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 19, 2011 8:37 am

Here is my entry.

Women's Lines - no pitch change made.

Men's Lines - Pitch was lowered one tone. All I can say is:
Maaahahaaaa.

Back to top Go down
Jezdamayel
Janitor
Jezdamayel

PostSubject: Re: Closed Contest Posts Archive   Closed Contest Posts Archive I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 10:53 am

i have posted them in the main thread my friend.
Back to top Go down
Sakura777
Visitor
Sakura777

PostSubject: Re: Closed Contest Posts Archive   Closed Contest Posts Archive I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 9:31 pm

I tried not to sound like a surfer dude ^_^
Back to top Go down
Jezdamayel
Janitor
Jezdamayel

PostSubject: Re: Closed Contest Posts Archive   Closed Contest Posts Archive I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 10:45 pm

Nakia-- very good LOLOL your male made me giggle and i loved the female. all of it amused me to no end. very good work.

Sakura-- lolol the last section of your male made me laugh so hard. it was like he knew she would know that the chocolate had a different name on it but was giving it to her anyway. very nice work!

i wanted to hear them all again but winamp is not working right and it crashed BOOOO!!!

WOW picking a winner will be hard!
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Closed Contest Posts Archive   Closed Contest Posts Archive I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 11:14 pm

Thanks, jez. My male had me laughing. Thing is it does sound like a deep male voice if I could only get rid of the muffled sound.

Sakura, that was good. A voice to contend with. That is great.

Now if a guy would enter. Especially one trying to do a female voice. Very Happy

Hopefully a few people will vote and make this a fair competition.

jocolor Closed Contest Posts Archive 626689 Closed Contest Posts Archive 47943
Back to top Go down
Jezdamayel
Janitor
Jezdamayel

PostSubject: Re: Closed Contest Posts Archive   Closed Contest Posts Archive I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 11:30 pm

yes i hope the men get in on it. i would like Type to submit <3. he has a nice voice.
Back to top Go down
Jezdamayel
Janitor
Jezdamayel

PostSubject: Re: Closed Contest Posts Archive   Closed Contest Posts Archive I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 4:26 am

the contest is closed!! pleased vote for who you liked the most!! the poll will run for 7 days!(just in case)
Pick one male and one female. the winners will get to pick the next contest!
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Closed Contest Posts Archive   Closed Contest Posts Archive I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 6:39 am

Quote :
yes i hope the men get in on it. i would like Type to submit <3. he has a nice voice.

Thank you, Jez. I prefered to pass this time because having no previous experience with VA, I prefered taking the time to polish my skills rather than present a green as fog submission. Doing the video reviews had been a tremendous learning experience for me, and I am getting more comfortable with VA/acting in the process. I especially had fun doing the Sanyo SCP-3100 review, I rip Kyocera apart and you can tell it's from the heart. I also stumble less in my words even though re-looking at the 4 iDEN phone reviews I did... ehh, not so good, doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense. In short: working on it. Next time around, with some more experience under my belt, it will be worth the wait.
Back to top Go down
Jezdamayel
Janitor
Jezdamayel

PostSubject: Re: Closed Contest Posts Archive   Closed Contest Posts Archive I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 10:06 am

Type O Negative wrote:
Quote :

Thank you, Jez. I prefered to pass this time because having no previous experience with VA, I prefered taking the time to polish my skills rather than present a green as fog submission. Doing the video reviews had been a tremendous learning experience for me, and I am getting more comfortable with VA/acting in the process. I especially had fun doing the Sanyo SCP-3100 review, I rip Kyocera apart and you can tell it's from the heart. I also stumble less in my words even though re-looking at the 4 iDEN phone reviews I did... ehh, not so good, doesn't make a hell of a lot of sense. In short: working on it. Next time around, with some more experience under my belt, it will be worth the wait.

<3 awesome! take your time. i will have a few contests. so when you feel the time is right you can go for it .. i might also have some small practice lines put up as well just for fun.
i know when i first started to va i had the hardest time.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Closed Contest Posts Archive   Closed Contest Posts Archive I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 12:45 pm

I've voted (rather hard choice). I wish I had been able to enter the contest but my voice has only got back to normal hopefully TON and I will be among the competition for the title and the belt next time (we need a wrestling/lucha libre smiley).

I'd suggest a few amendments for the next contest. I think it may be a better thing to have only one file to download and to agree on the format (by that I mean having the lines separated or playing back to back). Dowloading the sounds for each contestant and each entry is a pain with 3 voice actors (ads, timers and clicking dowload repeatedly) so I can't imagine what it will be like with more. Having just one file to download would also help making sure that you haven't missed an entry by mistake. It may just be me but it would be easier to listen and vote this way (I know, I'm lazy). Wink
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Jezdamayel
Janitor
Jezdamayel

PostSubject: Re: Closed Contest Posts Archive   Closed Contest Posts Archive I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 12:50 pm

i was thinking about that. and it is hard with the site to even get to the page. i think next time the files can be sent to me and i will zip them up in one file so we can just download one file. that will also give a extra day or so for someone to jump in last min to enter.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Closed Contest Posts Archive   Closed Contest Posts Archive I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 6:50 pm

We need some more voters. Please vote. We have a tie between Sakura and jez for male. Laughing some one voted for my male???.
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Closed Contest Posts Archive   Closed Contest Posts Archive I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 8:09 pm

No offense, grandma rogue, but Jez's siren voice gets my vote.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Closed Contest Posts Archive   Closed Contest Posts Archive I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 8:36 pm

No offense taken, sonny, Very Happy, I don't blame you at all.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Closed Contest Posts Archive   Closed Contest Posts Archive I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 8:45 pm

I do believe we forgot to mention that voters do not need to actually download the files. Click on Download. You should get a pop-up box that says

Run or Open, save, cancel. click on run or open. It saves to a temporary file and you should be able to listen from there. It should open automaticallicly.

I agree format: wave or MP3 or either. Separate lines or back to back. sound effects or none etc depending on the contest.

Can everyone play MP3 files?
Back to top Go down
Jezdamayel
Janitor
Jezdamayel

PostSubject: Re: Closed Contest Posts Archive   Closed Contest Posts Archive I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 10:57 pm

siren voice? wow. *blush* that is an awesome complement. thank you.
as i said yesterday in the bar.. someone could not tell if i was male of female so this is awesome!!! thank you.
Back to top Go down
Jezdamayel
Janitor
Jezdamayel

PostSubject: Re: Closed Contest Posts Archive   Closed Contest Posts Archive I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 11:00 pm

Nakia the Rogue wrote:
I do believe we forgot to mention that voters do not need to actually download the files. Click on Download. You should get a pop-up box that says

Run or Open, save, cancel. click on run or open. It saves to a temporary file and you should be able to listen from there. It should open automaticallicly.

I agree format: wave or MP3 or either. Separate lines or back to back. sound effects or none etc depending on the contest.

Can everyone play MP3 files?

i wanted all the lines together as one file. but i think i said it wrong. as for format it should be MP3 because 4 shared will let you listen to it without downloading it if its in mp3
BUT i could just make it a private youtube video as well so you can just hear them all from here straight up. more work on my end but it might be better over all.

also if everyone wanted the entry's could be numbed so you just vote on a number. that way you cant tell who it is at times. what fun!
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Closed Contest Posts Archive   Closed Contest Posts Archive I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 7:06 pm

Numbers instead of names? We would PM you our entries and you would post them by number. Would that mean more work for you? If you don't mind I like the number idea. What do others thing.
Back to top Go down
Jezdamayel
Janitor
Jezdamayel

PostSubject: Re: Closed Contest Posts Archive   Closed Contest Posts Archive I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 10:50 pm

well more work as in i would put them all together in a video. not separate. so they can just be heard form this page and not downloaded.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Closed Contest Posts Archive   Closed Contest Posts Archive I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 12:24 am

If we can get more people involved that might be confusing. Don't change it yet. Let us see what happens. We don't need to rush anything.

MP3 files, Tell us if the lines should be on one recording separated by a few seconds silence. People do not need to download if 4Share is used. 4Share is free. If the skits are short I don't see the problem. No need to zip either, If one recording just stream it.

Better maybe and not so much work. No video but put the files numbered into one file when the contest closes and let people open that. We could either PM the files to you or post them here. You would have to put them into one file folder. It does not need to be zipped, just stream it. All the contestants are together at the finish. One listen, then vote.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Closed Contest Posts Archive   Closed Contest Posts Archive I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Closed Contest Posts Archive
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next