Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
NV mod idea I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
NV mod idea I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
NV mod idea I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
NV mod idea I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
NV mod idea I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
NV mod idea I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
NV mod idea I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
NV mod idea I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
NV mod idea I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
NV mod idea I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
NV mod idea I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
NV mod idea I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

NV mod idea

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
OldCoot46
Veteran
OldCoot46

NV mod idea Empty
PostSubject: NV mod idea   NV mod idea I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 10:16 pm

Was wondering if any of the NV modders here (Carabas..hint....hint...hint) would be willing to take a stab at doing this:
http://newvegasnexus.com/imageshare/image.php?id=13266

Last edited by OldCoot46 on Tue May 03, 2011 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

NV mod idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: NV mod idea   NV mod idea I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 11:03 pm

I have moved it to The Iron Horse Workshop. Sounds like a good idea to me but needs a texture artist I think.
Back to top Go down
OldCoot46
Veteran
OldCoot46

NV mod idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: NV mod idea   NV mod idea I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 11:04 pm

Thanx for the move. I edited the title now.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

NV mod idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: NV mod idea   NV mod idea I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 12:48 am

I think it can be done by adding a script to the quest.

The trick is to find the commands (additem and equipitem) with the proper reference and make sure Meyers loses the old gear. In theory there should be no problem as the items already exist in game.

My problem is that I don't think I have a save from that point in game (and Meyers found a way to get killed in my current game while I was clearing the correctional facility).

It's a good idea. I'll need to dig some things up in the Geck. First check out if there is one script for Meyers or several scripts.

EDIT: I think that it can be done by editing the last stage of My Kind of Town. When the quest is completed have a line that tells Meyers to unequip his gear and equip the sheriff outfit. I'll take a closer look at this tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
OldCoot46
Veteran
OldCoot46

NV mod idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: NV mod idea   NV mod idea I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 1:12 am

Awesome to hear that. This is one of the things that has ALWAYS bothered me about New Vegas.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

NV mod idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: NV mod idea   NV mod idea I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 1:19 am

Well, in theory it should work. I can't promise that it will as I will have to figure the correct commands (if what I assume is correct it should work).
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

NV mod idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: NV mod idea   NV mod idea I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 12:42 pm

I've edited two lines to make sure that it would kick in. Basically when you come back with the pardon and Meyers tells you that he is going to take care of the town he should equip a sheriff's outfit.

It's important that you haven't completed the quest yet as the change won't affect a game in which Meyers has already be given his pardon.

I need to know if it's working. I've made the outfit Meyers will equip unplayable so it won't be possible to loot it (I've increased its value so it would be slightly superior to the outfit Meyers wear before so he won't switch back to the other outfit -hopefully).

EDIT: I've tested it and it works.

I've uploaded it to the Nexus, you can find it here: http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=41658
Back to top Go down
OldCoot46
Veteran
OldCoot46

NV mod idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: NV mod idea   NV mod idea I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 4:47 pm

Thank you for making this request Brother. I truly appreciate it. It just never made sense to me why Obsidian didn't do this in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

NV mod idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: NV mod idea   NV mod idea I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 5:02 pm

You're welcome. It is a good idea for a mod and I'm glad I was able to make it work. I was pleasantly surprised when I realized that I had an old save that I could use to check this out.

It turns out that it was really simple to do this. But I've been wrong before and sometimes some valid ideas on paper have to be tossed away because of quirks in the game engine.

I've uploaded two versions, one with a sheriff hat (like the one Lucas Simms wears in Fallout 3) and one in which Meyers keep his desperado hat so you can take your pick. Wink
Back to top Go down
OldCoot46
Veteran
OldCoot46

NV mod idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: NV mod idea   NV mod idea I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 6:29 pm

Awesome. I chose the first one you uploaded, cus it was all that was there at the time. Might go back and get the new one.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

NV mod idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: NV mod idea   NV mod idea I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 6:55 pm

The only difference is whether you want him to keep his hat (the optional version) or get a new hat (the main file).
Back to top Go down
OldCoot46
Veteran
OldCoot46

NV mod idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: NV mod idea   NV mod idea I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 7:46 pm

Yea, I like the new hat. But then I'm a sucker for the Simms style Sheriff.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

NV mod idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: NV mod idea   NV mod idea I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 7:49 pm

I liked Lucas Simms. A really cool character although his propensity to turn his back on known killers was his downfall. Wink
Back to top Go down
OldCoot46
Veteran
OldCoot46

NV mod idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: NV mod idea   NV mod idea I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 7:56 pm

This is true.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NV mod idea Empty
PostSubject: Re: NV mod idea   NV mod idea I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NV mod idea
Page 1 of 1