Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Living on a farm I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Living on a farm I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Living on a farm I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Living on a farm I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Living on a farm I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Living on a farm I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Living on a farm I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Living on a farm I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Living on a farm I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Living on a farm I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Living on a farm I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Living on a farm I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Living on a farm

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

Living on a farm Empty
PostSubject: Living on a farm   Living on a farm I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 6:25 pm

I have mixed feelings about growing up on a farm. I had my own pony or horse. I loved the animals, actually enjoyed miling cows and goats. I was the only child so I played with the goats especially the kids and got knocked around by the nannys for misbehaving. Smile One of our horses was blind and the seetest, most loving crature

In the 40s many of the smaller farms still used horses. Tractors were for the bigger farms.

I didn't mind the gardening although my favorite was picking string beans. We made tents of the beens and because I was small I could crawl into the tent out of the hot sun and pick the inner beans. I hated hoeing corn. All that stuff got under my clothes and itched. There was no way to get out of the sun. I may have produced plenty of vitamin D but the discomfort negated it.

In the winter the creek that ran through our farm turned into a winter wonderland. We were on a hill with a wide terrace and stream bubbled and raced down small waterfalls which in the winter became ice castles.

Because I had my own personal means of transportation I had a good deal of freedom. The neighbors all knew me for a good ways around. I knew which ones I could go to and which ones to stay away from. I could visit the small town five miles from us and visit or take in the Saturday movies. I picked blackberries to sell and saved up my money. Would even lend to the adults from time to time. I was usurer (sp?) though I demanded 10 cents interest on the dollar. Got it too.

I feel sorry for those who grew up in cities and didn't even have the chance to spend summers on a farm.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Living on a farm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living on a farm   Living on a farm I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 10:56 pm

I didn't grow up on a farm but my grandparents had an old house which used to be one. They had chicken and rabbits and some other animals (but that was during my grandfather's time, my grandmother only kept rabbits and chicken).
I got attacked by a cock when I was a toddler and the next day we had coq-au-vin. I was lucky I didn't lose an eye as I still have the scar in the middle of my left eyebrow. I've never been too keen on gardening but I learned a few things like using a scythe and stuff. I hate lawn mowers, smelly, noisy and horrid contraptions.
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

Living on a farm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living on a farm   Living on a farm I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 11:49 pm

Geese make great guards. I never went near the geese. The only person I know who got along with geese is my mother, Turkey gobblers can be dangerous too. My cousins had I think was named Dr. Fell but we called him Hitler and stayed far away from him.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Living on a farm Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living on a farm   Living on a farm I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Living on a farm
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Belle Sakura Saloon :: From Zane Grey's Desk :: Stories by the fire-
Jump to: