Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Planetside 2

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lndf117
Spam Watch Sheriff
Lndf117

Planetside 2 Empty
PostSubject: Planetside 2   Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 8:25 pm

Nakia asked me about the game but i am not any good at reviewing games. I can give a synopsis of the game instead.

Planetside 2 is referred to as an MMOFPS. It focuses on large battles between the different factions using infantry, vehicles and aircraft.

There are Three factions:
The Terran Republic whose colors are red and black. An authoritarian government that leverages military might to maintain strict control over the colonial citizens, the Terran Republic is obsessed with the preservation of law and order and are thus seen by some to be an oppressive and dictatorial force, but many view the TR as the only hope for lasting security on Auraxis.

The New Conglomerate whose colors are blue and yellow
The New Conglomerate operates as a loosely organized band of freedom fighters, vehemently opposed to the stranglehold that the Terran Republic has on Auraxis. Led by an unusual quorum of outcasts, industry titans, and pirates, the New Conglomerate is unwavering and prepared to achieve freedom from oppression by any means necessary.

The Vanu Sovereignty whose colors are purple and green.
The Vanu believe that only through the mysterious power of ancient technology can humanity truly evolve its next state of existence. They are an advanced and cunning faction, employing powerful alien technology on the battlefield. Their singular purpose is to uncover the secrets hidden away in ancient artifacts scattered over the surface of Auraxis and they annihilate anyone who interferes with their progress.

sorry, the descriptions come from the website.
here is a video that should help for anyone attemtping to get into the game, i watched it when i first played.

edit: a note, I have TR and NC characters on waterson and VS on Helios.

Last edited by Lndf117 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

Planetside 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2   Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 8:42 pm

Thank you, Lndf, that is fine. Smile Any comments you can add about how you find the game play and how you like it would be nice too. No one expects a professional review. In fact no one wants a professional review. What is important is what the players think of the game.
Back to top Go down
Lndf117
Spam Watch Sheriff
Lndf117

Planetside 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2   Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 8:51 pm

I personally find it fun, though it is often more fun if you are in an organized squad or outfit with a leader who is actually organizing things, you can join in on battles without being in one but it is often more fun and more productive if you are. There are multiple classes you can play as: light assault, heavy assault, engineer, infiltrator, combat medic and the MAX unit. as well as the vehicles. Each faction has its own main tank and air fighter.
I don't have any specific complaints about it and they just released an update that i am still waiting for it to finish downloading.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

Planetside 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2   Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 2:50 am

Here I come, Lndf, ready or not. Now you have two newbies to nurse maid through this game. Very Happy Hope you have a lot patience. I'll be there soon. When Mr. K told me it was free I decided to give it a try. Just hope I can read the text.

Watched a couple of tutorials and it looks very complicated to me. Remember this, remember that. Laughing there are days when I'm doing good to remember who I am.
Back to top Go down
Lndf117
Spam Watch Sheriff
Lndf117

Planetside 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2   Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 3:15 am

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

Planetside 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2   Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 4:16 am

I finally got into the game, got the character set up and then suddenly I am in the middle of a battle with no idea what to do or who to shot at. I did watch a couple of the video tutorials but they are worthless for a complete beginner.

I have to look at the control map. I will need vvoice help. No way I can read what is on screen. I can manage the settings screen and need to experiment with the settings to see if I can improve it for my sight.

At least I am not bored anymore.
Back to top Go down
Lndf117
Spam Watch Sheriff
Lndf117

Planetside 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2   Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 5:44 am

Yeah they drop you into battle when you first create a character, not very helpful for newbies, though they are planning on adding a training area.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

Planetside 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2   Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 10:40 am

Update: Station Name - Nakiarogue
Current character Name- Nakiarogue
Location - Indar

I can go to Full Screen Window mode which makes it much easier to read things but impossible to play the game. Handy for checking out settings and stuff like that.

I checked out the voice chat and it looks easy to set up. I did a test. Recorded and then played back. We will need to experiment with input and output settings are end up blasting each others ears off if my test was any indication of feedback.

How do we link together? Set up a squad? Lndf should do that I think since he has much more online game experience and experience with this game.
Back to top Go down
Lndf117
Spam Watch Sheriff
Lndf117

Planetside 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2   Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 7:05 pm

I need to know the server you are on and your faction, oh and your station name is just your login name, we don't really need to know that.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

Planetside 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2   Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 7:45 pm

sorry Lndf, thought I had posted that info.
Current character name: Nakiarogue
Server: Winterson
Faction: TR

Back to top Go down
Lndf117
Spam Watch Sheriff
Lndf117

Planetside 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2   Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 7:58 pm

Thanks. I find that the default receive volume in game( for receiving voice chat) is a little quiet unless you turn it up a little.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

Planetside 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2   Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 8:34 am

I have been watching the tutorial videos and trying to get a handle on the controls. Been a bit busy this weekend. Mr. K and Lndf let me know your character name on Waterrson Server please.

Last edited by Nakia the Rogue on Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lndf117
Spam Watch Sheriff
Lndf117

Planetside 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2   Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 9:56 am

Tellsworth - TR Waterson. the character has the outfit tag [BRIT] though that isn't really needed, all you need is the name.

edit: i also have an NC character on waterson named Tethras and a VS on Helios named Calco.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

Planetside 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2   Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 1:46 pm

Lndf, did you start a squad yet?
Back to top Go down
Lndf117
Spam Watch Sheriff
Lndf117

Planetside 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2   Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 3:08 pm

A squad is like a group in any other mmo so i can start one( and probably should since i have the squad spawn beacon and other squad upgrades). So for me to start one you and/or mr k need to be online so you can play.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

Planetside 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2   Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 4:42 pm

I believe Mr. K is busy today helping his daughter move but hopefully we can get together in the next couple of days. I have a bit busy with some things. Got several projects going online and offline.

Have you thought of a name for the squad?
Back to top Go down
Lndf117
Spam Watch Sheriff
Lndf117

Planetside 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2   Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 4:59 pm

Squads and outfits are different, squads don't need a name whereas outfits are more like guilds and do. I am already in an outfit on every one of my characters so i can't create one of those. A squad i can create and can do anytime you or mr k want to play.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

Planetside 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2   Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 5:20 pm

Great, not sure I can play today. Maybe this evening. Evening is best for me less apt to be interrupted.
Back to top Go down
Lndf117
Spam Watch Sheriff
Lndf117

Planetside 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2   Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 5:25 pm

Works for me, i am currently researching overclocking on intel processors.
Back to top Go down
Mr. K
Visitor
Mr. K

Planetside 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2   Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 9:08 pm

Hi PlanetSide 2 players;

My TR player "MrK281B" is on Waterson.
My VS player "MrK281C" is on Helios.

I am at battle level 3 or 4, and I have not spent any money on any upgraded weapons or armor, I may at some point. Way more getting killed than doing the killing, so far.

If you want to play, let me know, or see if I am online in Steam, and just start a chat, and we can set it up.

I would like to team up with another player in a 2 man vehicle and be the gunner, not the driver. I think I can hit a target from a moving vehicle, and I want to try that.

I will try out the Voice chat, and see how that works. In-game there are voices that are generic lines from the game, and sometimes I hear other players talking, I think it is when I am in a Squad and the other Squad members are talking in voice chat.

Mr. K
Back to top Go down
http://home.comcast.net/~rogerk281/site/?/blog/
Mr. K
Visitor
Mr. K

Planetside 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2   Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 9:20 pm

Hi Lndf;

If you want to overclock your smart box, you will need to have a good monitor for temp and voltage. The one I use is: CPUID. Link below:
http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

You can cook eggs on you motherboard if it gets too hot, and speeding up the clock is just like turning an electric stove to a hotter setting. You probably know more about this than I do, but just in case, I wanted to say this anyway.

Mr. K
Back to top Go down
http://home.comcast.net/~rogerk281/site/?/blog/
Lndf117
Spam Watch Sheriff
Lndf117

Planetside 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2   Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 10:50 pm

I already have the program you listed as well as cpu-z from the same website. Honestly, overclocking processors is complicated enough that i probably won't end up doing it because i don't want to accidentally break it. The video card i could overclock easily.

You can hear people talking in the game's voice chat if:A.) they are in your squad or outfit and talking in the respective voice chat channel. B.) they are nearby and talking in proximity chat
Back to top Go down
Lndf117
Spam Watch Sheriff
Lndf117

Planetside 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2   Planetside 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 6:51 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Planetside 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planetside 2   Planetside 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Planetside 2
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Belle Sakura Saloon :: The Gaming House :: The Wild Bunch-
Jump to: