Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Skyrim MMO I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Skyrim MMO I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Skyrim MMO I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Skyrim MMO I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Skyrim MMO I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Skyrim MMO I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Skyrim MMO I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Skyrim MMO I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Skyrim MMO I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Skyrim MMO I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Skyrim MMO I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Skyrim MMO I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Skyrim MMO

Go down 
+3
Carabas
Blood Red Eagle
Nakia the Rogue
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

Skyrim MMO Empty
PostSubject: Skyrim MMO   Skyrim MMO I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 2:53 pm

On FaceBook The Escapist asked the question
"Would you pay a subscription for Elder Scrolls Online?"

I answered no and then checked the other comments there were not many but the majority of them said no or the equivalent of no.  Someone had played the beta game and said it was boring and no beter than anyother MMO only worse.
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

Skyrim MMO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim MMO   Skyrim MMO I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 6:41 pm

This game is a snoozefest and nothing can justify $15 a month for such a shitfest.

Skyrim killed TES for me. And besides the worst part of a MMO is the other people playing.

To hell with this game.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Skyrim MMO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim MMO   Skyrim MMO I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 6:57 pm

Pretty pointless considering that there are so many much cheaper games that are worth playing and don't cost a monthly fee.

People are overrated and I wouldn't pay to have to suffer the presence of obnoxious kids, trolls and morons.

In fact I'd rather play Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning, Divinity 2 Ego Draconis or even Two Worlds 2.
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

Skyrim MMO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim MMO   Skyrim MMO I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 7:10 pm

The seems to be the majority opinion of the people who posted. I saw one yep, a coul of maybes. Saw another post by someone who played the beta and they said it was boring and there was very little of The Elder Scrolls in the game.
Back to top Go down
Kana
Catnip Purveyor
Kana

Skyrim MMO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim MMO   Skyrim MMO I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 12:24 am

No, I wouldn't. I might buy an MMO, or I might pay a monthly fee for an MMO if it's really good, but I will not both buy the game and then pay an additional monthly fee. I'm not all that interested in the setting, so I'll be giving this a pass unless it goes F2P.
Back to top Go down
dragoniguana
World Savior
dragoniguana

Skyrim MMO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim MMO   Skyrim MMO I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 2:01 am

I love TES. Love love love it, from Daggerfall to Skyrim and absolutely everything in between (barring maybe the obscure mobile games I'll never get the chance to play). I would absolutely never get an MMO version of it, though, especially not when it has fifteen dollars a month on top of a sixty dollar purchase.

I've played the beta. It was underwhelming. TES' innovative skill system is scrapped, the world feels gated (as it must to work as an MMO), the combat is (even) dull(er than the normal TES games), and some of the lore decisions make no sense whatsoever (Nords, Dunmer and Argonians in an alliance? Seriously?)

And on top of all that, holy crap, other players. Playing TESO, I'd have to deal with everything from trolls to obnoxious twats to, worst of all (for me), people who get their lore wildly wrong.

TESO is basically a much worse version of TES, except with other people, which makes me want to play it even less. And they're asking for fifteen dollars a month?

In the most eloquent way I can possibly state it: Frak that.
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

Skyrim MMO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim MMO   Skyrim MMO I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 2:39 am

Skyrim was absolutely dreadful. I regret shelling out $60 for this piece of crap.

Morrowind, now that's a good game!

As for the MMO, my boss has a fangirl approach and loves the game but from what I have seen, I will say it again -- screw this game.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

Skyrim MMO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim MMO   Skyrim MMO I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 2:53 am

Wasn't TESO made by a third party with Bethesda's blessing? Since I never intended to urchase it I didn't pay much attention to what was going on but I think I heard that.
Back to top Go down
Lndf117
Spam Watch Sheriff
Lndf117

Skyrim MMO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim MMO   Skyrim MMO I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 7:50 am

To  my knowledge, it was made by zenimax online which was another team at Bethesda's parent company.
As for whether i would play it? No. I can't really afford 15 dollars a month due to not having a job but even if i could i probably still wouldn't. I just can't justify paying a montly fee for it when i can play guild wars 2 or any of number of free to play mmos without one if i really want to.

Last edited by Lndf117 on Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

Skyrim MMO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim MMO   Skyrim MMO I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 9:02 am

Thank you, Lndf. From what I have seen from posts by those who played the beta I don't think it is worth the price.

Question: What is F2P?
Back to top Go down
RYUchan
Visitor
RYUchan

Skyrim MMO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim MMO   Skyrim MMO I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 9:25 am

Nakia the Rogue wrote:

Question:  What is F2P?

I think Free to Play Smile
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

Skyrim MMO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim MMO   Skyrim MMO I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 10:01 am

Thank you, RYU. Even if it were free to play I wouldn't play it. I have enjoyed the TES games even the buggy Skyrim but I like the open world, the freedom to do what I want to do. The stories seem to be getting worse and worse but you can still explore at leisure. MMO seem to be about hack and slash, kill, kill and they are hard for me to read.
Back to top Go down
Lndf117
Spam Watch Sheriff
Lndf117

Skyrim MMO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim MMO   Skyrim MMO I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 6:48 am

Yeah F2P usually stands for free to play.
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

Skyrim MMO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim MMO   Skyrim MMO I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 7:22 am

It will suck even harder if it goes F2P. Think of all the trolls and degenerates that would plague the servers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Skyrim MMO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim MMO   Skyrim MMO I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skyrim MMO
Page 1 of 1