Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion

Go down 
+7
Lndf117
Chris-919
Triactus
Kana
Carabas
Trip
Nakia the Rogue
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
simfamSP
Visitor
simfamSP

Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion   Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 9:16 pm

Obsidian has had that problem way too many times before. Even FO:NV suffered for it. I'm so glad they kick-started Project Eternity.

However, I could see the Black Isle in KOTOR II, a sharp contrast to the usual BioWare forumla. The narrative was much darker, mysterious and didn't feel like Star Wars at all!

I loved that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/simfamSP?feature=mhum#p/c/D00A751812
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion   Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 10:15 pm

I've completed Kotor 2 with the restored content mod and it rocks:

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/197-tsl-restored-content-mod/

In all fairness DAO never got fixed properly either and last I checked a user made patch was the only way to get rid of some pretty annoying bugs. The good people at Bioware were probably too busy releasing extra content and working on the sequel (and its day one DLC).

Regarding FNV Obsidian was screwed by Bethesda plain and simple. It's obvious that many things had to be cut from the game and it took quite some time for the game to be patched so it could run properly (basically the first FNV players were treated like beta testers).

Quote :
The narrative was much darker, mysterious and didn't feel like Star Wars at all!

Depends on your perspective regarding the Star Wars setting. If you equate it with ewoks and Jar Jar Binks then I can see your point but if you're familiar with the Old Republic setting and the Sith then the story behind Kotor 1 and 2 really fits in the Star Wars universe.
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Chris-919
Visitor
Chris-919

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion   Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 11:02 pm

Lndf117 wrote:
Kotor 2 wasn't made by bioware but i would consider it worth playing anyway.

Yeah good point mate. I guess because its a sequel which is the main reason why I forgot it wasn't done by Bioware.

Triactus: Definately Bioware's Casey Hudson was one of the chief criminals. Drew Karpyshyn had this great idea for Dark Matter but Hudson threw it out and wanted Star Child.

In general I think the problem with Obsidian is they have great ideas but either don't get enough time for development and as a result a lot of their projects are buggy, or they get saddled with a crap engine like what happened with FNV and Bethesda.

Carabas: Like the look of that mod. Might have to try that. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://shadowness.com/Chris-919
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion   Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 11:10 pm

Project Eternity will prove if Obsidian has the right man-power. They have a good writer but do they have the scripturers? I think they are all right art and music wise. As a backer I hope for something really good from them.
Back to top Go down
Trip
Psycho Princess
Trip

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion   Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2013 9:06 pm

Hmmm, I'm tempted to play through again and see how many of those sickly sweet, shit-witted muppets I can upset. Doing that bit in the tower (The nightmare thingey) really puts me off though
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion   Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 10:53 am

The nightmare in the Mage's tower? I am trying to remember that one. It is were everyone is separated and you have that cicle thing to deal with. Yes?
Back to top Go down
Trip
Psycho Princess
Trip

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion   Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 11:15 am

Something like that. Bloody annoying and an excuse for MORE whining from the other characters. Unfortunately I have a problem with not completing things. It took me years to stop playing IWD2 as I had to play through the entire game with every race and alignment and then do it for both sexes. By the time I was halfway through I couldn't stand the game anymore but I couldn't NOT do it.
I read that Godawful 50 Shades of Grey trilogy as well. I picked up my sisters copy when I was bored at her house and then, because I had started reading it, I HAD to finish the trilogy even though I hated it.
It's an OCD thing. I should really not start anything new until I've read a lot of reviews, otherwise I get stuck with something that annoys the Hell out of me but I compulsively play because I freak out at the thought of leaving it unfinished!
Back to top Go down
Triactus
Emperor
Triactus

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion   Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 1:41 pm

I rather liked the nightmare part. I liked playing the other personnas, like the golem. YOU BAD, ME SMASH! jocolor
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion   Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 1:54 pm

The nightmare was difficult and it took me several play-troughs to catch on to some tricks but I also enjoyed the different personas and figuring out when to use them. I loved that little mouse and sneaking by enemies. Then finding your companions and persuading them that they were dreaming. The end of that sequence I found very hard. That guy was very hard to kill.
Back to top Go down
Triactus
Emperor
Triactus

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion   Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 2:00 pm

Nakia the Rogue wrote:
The end of that sequence I found very hard. That guy was very hard to kill.

Good, so I'm not the only one... Smile Another hard battle is the one with the possessed paladin right before you enter the nightmare. I reloaded so many times it was ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion   Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 2:26 pm

Another battle that I found almost impossible was killing that guy who wanted to be king. If I ever replay the game I think I will do as much as I can to get to a very high level before taking that on. Maybe that would help.
Back to top Go down
Triactus
Emperor
Triactus

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion   Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 2:29 pm

Humm, I don't remember that battle. When was it? Do you mean the Logan fight?

Oh, and one fight I never did was against Morrigan's mother. The only times I tried, my ass was handed to me.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion   Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 2:51 pm

I think it was the Logan fight. When you try to make Alistair king. I did the fight with the Witch not easy but don't remember it being that hard. I also did the quest without killing her.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion   Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 4:40 am

DAO has a learning curve but once you get the hang of it the game shouldn't be too hard. There are some pretty cool mods that make the game more difficult.

What annoys me is the fact that cutscenes mess up all your preparation by transporting your entire party so they can be conveniently surrounded by your enemies. That is so preposterous and annoying...
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Triactus
Emperor
Triactus

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion   Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 2:12 pm

Carabas wrote:
What annoys me is the fact that cutscenes mess up all your preparation by transporting your entire party so they can be conveniently surrounded by your enemies. That is so preposterous and annoying...

Oh yes, I completely agree with that! So stupid. If it were in real life, I would send my main character to talk, and keep my party hidden to flank the enemy... Smile

Does anyone here know what's in the works for DA 3 concerning Morrigan? (if anything at all). I know it's not canon story, but at the end, depending on the sex of your character, she comes up to you to offer you a deal :
Spoiler:

In the Witch Hunt DLC,
Spoiler:
. Now, when I imported my game in DA 2, that particular choice was clearly in the list of imported choices, leading me to believe it's not over. Only, there was nothing about that in DA 2... :/
Back to top Go down
Trip
Psycho Princess
Trip

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion   Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 2:32 pm

I like Morrigan. She's not as sickly as the other people
Back to top Go down
RYUchan
Visitor
RYUchan

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion   Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 4:46 pm

Silvery wrote:
I like Morrigan. She's not as sickly as the other people

Sickly? She doesn't know about feelings of love even though she is an adult, she ran away from the relationships, just to give birth to some abomination with strange powers, how is it not sick.
Back to top Go down
Trip
Psycho Princess
Trip

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion   Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 5:19 pm

Haha, I mean sickly-sweet. You know if you eat something that has lots of sugar in it, you get the sticky sick feeling in your stomach? Characters like Alistair are a bit like that. Nice in small doses but by the end of the game, they make you want to throw up because they are so sweet and sugary Laughing
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion   Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 5:39 pm

I agree with Silvery, those sweet characters get boring after a while. I did end up feeling sorry for Alistair after I learned his background. Poor bastard got a raw deal from people. No wonder he had personality problems.
Back to top Go down
Trip
Psycho Princess
Trip

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion   Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 9:32 pm

That's no excuse for being a whiney bitch. Yes the lad lost his mother and didn't know his family but he was taken in by someone and given a good education and a trade and in return he cried and sulked and stamped his foot. Ungrateful little tart
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion   Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 9:43 pm

And got kicked out by hi foster father's wife because she suspected him as being the guy's natural son. Was made to feel inferior to his half brother. Shades of the man in The Iron Mask. He did get on my nerves but I still felt sorry for him. In reality he had no family, no sense of belonging. Not very good king material but at least he realized that.
Back to top Go down
Trip
Psycho Princess
Trip

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion   Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 9:49 pm

He wasn't abandoned, he wasn't abused, he just didn't get his own way
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion   Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 11:36 pm

Technically true but neither was he loved or wanted. Children need love and encouragement. Whether we admit it or not we all need to feel wanted, needed, important. Neglecting the emotional needs of a child is in my opinion a form of abuse. He grew up warped emotionally. I don't remember anything in the game that indicated that he demanded his own way quite the contrary he just seemed a lost soul to me, annoying yes but lost. There are many of those in the real world.

My favorite characters were Morrigan and the assassin. Second was the female mage. Sorry I am terrible at remembering names. My least favorite was that priestess girl. The others I was pretty neutral about.
I do like strong personalities, the week I pity and try to help sometimes foolishly. Other times they do bring out the sadist in me.
Back to top Go down
RYUchan
Visitor
RYUchan

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion   Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 11:43 pm

Silvery wrote:
He wasn't abandoned, he wasn't abused, he just didn't get his own way

Parents play a huge role in a child's psychology and his views of life. If a parent abandon his child at a point, it will stay with a child for the rest of his life. Of course you can work on it and get rid of the problem but I doubt there was a proper psychological education or a good shrink in DA:O Smile

Speaking of Morrigan I would never date a woman like Morrigan, she is just too disturbed. Maybe for a quick date but there is just too much trouble to build a healthy relationship on such a screwed up basis.

Man I got off topic Smile))
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion   Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 11:59 pm

Morrigan is a strong, independent person raised in an unusual environment. She would probably not be interested in having a relationship, health or otherwise, with someone. What she wants is power. She and Alistair represent opposites. She the dominant personality he is the submissive personality.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion   Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dragon Age:Origins My Opinion
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next