Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Foreign Voicers I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Foreign Voicers I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Foreign Voicers I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Foreign Voicers I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Foreign Voicers I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Foreign Voicers I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Foreign Voicers I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Foreign Voicers I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Foreign Voicers I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Foreign Voicers I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Foreign Voicers I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Foreign Voicers I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Foreign Voicers

Go down 
+2
Nakia the Rogue
Trip
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Trip
Psycho Princess
Trip

Foreign Voicers Empty
PostSubject: Foreign Voicers   Foreign Voicers I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 9:43 pm

I was just wondering what languages people spoke and what accent you have? That way. if anyone is looking for something different then a quick scout through here can let people know what's around.

My first language is English, my accent is northern. However, I can do upper-class British. I can read German and French and get the gist of it and can pronounce German if it is written.
The only other language I'm fluent in is sign-language...not much use for voice work!
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

Foreign Voicers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Voicers   Foreign Voicers I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 9:59 pm

Good idea, Silvery. I am fluent in US English. Can do a country accent. O course I do old voices really good. Can be very gnarly.

Cara says he has a French accent with Scotish overtones. I am dying to hear it.

Silvery, I have seen requests for British accents.

Back to top Go down
Triactus
Emperor
Triactus

Foreign Voicers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Voicers   Foreign Voicers I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 10:29 pm

I am french canadian (and can do a pretty good french canadian trying to talk in english). I'm not bad in english, but I have a french accent when I speak. I also have a college degree in theater (interpretation) as well as amateur experience. I'm not an actor, but I'm decent. Smile
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Foreign Voicers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Voicers   Foreign Voicers I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 11:59 pm

Let me start by saying that I'm no actor but that I do like making funny voices and occasionally phone call pranks (does that count?) I'm French (mainstream French with at times something close to a Swiss accent) and I have a British accent with a rather strong Scottish influence (especially when I had a few pints). Since I haven't been to Scotland in a long time my accent is not as pure as it used to be. I've spent years working on losing my French accent in English though.

I've studied German but my German is a bit rusty. My mother once told me I sound like a Brit when I speak German... I don't think she meant it as a compliment. I've lived abroad so I had to learn words and expressions in foreign languages like Arabic (with a really thick French accent) and like most people I've picked up some words in other languages which I didn't study like Spanish (very poor), Italian (I've been told I sound really French which is a nice way to say that I'm bad at it) -I tend to mix them together. I'd like to learn Japanese but I've given up on Greek, Dutch or Hebrew and Spanish. I know how to say "cheers" in a few other languages including Hungarian and Gaelic (I've tried learning some Scottish Gaelic in the past) but nothing more.

I have some friends who can speak five languages... I wish I was that good with languages. Foreign Voicers 74522
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

Foreign Voicers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Voicers   Foreign Voicers I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 12:28 am

I am moving this thread to the "Get Help" forum. Center Stage is for actual productions.

For those of you that are a bit shy about showing off your voices please note that jez is a kind and gentle critiquer. I try to follow her example. Smile So please don't be shy. You are also not only welcome to critique us but encouraged to do so. The best way to learn voice acting is to do it.

Both jez and I have had excellent help and love to pass on what we know as well as learn from others.

I look forward to hearing from you all. Very Happy

Note: It seems there is no such word as critiquer. What would the "French be for one who critiques? Maybe we should adopt that.

Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Foreign Voicers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Voicers   Foreign Voicers I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 12:34 am

Nakia the Rogue wrote:
What would the "French be for one who critiques? Maybe we should adopt that.

Critique in French. But I think that we could find a nicer word for a "critic" as it doesn't sound very friendly.
Back to top Go down
Trip
Psycho Princess
Trip

Foreign Voicers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Voicers   Foreign Voicers I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 12:34 am

Umm...I think that may be 'Critique' Laughing I'm probably wrong though. I've always wanted to learn French but I suck at learning the pronunciation and the spelling

FYI Cara, your sig is wrong. The London Underground is everything a shitty political movement would be lol!
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Foreign Voicers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Voicers   Foreign Voicers I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 12:37 am

Perfect timing! French spelling is a real pain to be honest but I love it. The thing you have to bear in mind is that you can be educated and well read and still make spelling mistakes on occasions... In comparison English is really easy to spell (and that may explain why I may sound like some spelling freak at times).

Nothing beats living in a country if you want to improve the way you speak a language Silvery. I'm sure your French isn't that bad and that you can get by when you travel to this side of the Channel. Wink
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

Foreign Voicers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Voicers   Foreign Voicers I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 12:39 am

We could just use critique as both a verb and a noun. That happens a lot in English. What do you want from a language from a place as mixed up and confused as the British Isles?

Foreign Voicers 237693 What is a poor American doing amongst you people? HELP. Foreign Voicers 957809

Last edited by Nakia the Rogue on Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Trip
Psycho Princess
Trip

Foreign Voicers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Voicers   Foreign Voicers I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 12:40 am

Last time I was in France I said 'Es tuit mir leid aber ich keine....shit, wrong language' I can count and ask what the smell is and I remember (thanks to a mental French teacher) how to say 'under'. That's it. I can get the gist of something when I read it but I'd love to be able to speak it. I used to be able to 'listen and learn' a language but my hearing problems have put the kybosh on that!
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Foreign Voicers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Voicers   Foreign Voicers I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 12:48 am

I don't think the word "critique" is very friendly but I'll let you be the judge of that.

I find that watching programs and DVDs in a language is a great way to get used to that language. French is probably not that hard to understand when it is written. The same goes for other languages. My father never studied English but he was fluent in French and German and he managed to understand English rather well.

Silvery wrote:
FYI Cara, your sig is wrong. The London Underground is everything a shitty political movement would be lol!

Hum... I guess you've got a point. The Underground is moving as well.

What was this girl band singing about the "sound of the underground"? Pussycat something?

EDIT-> Girls Aloud! I miss Top of the pops... This was pretty bad. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Trip
Psycho Princess
Trip

Foreign Voicers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Voicers   Foreign Voicers I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 12:56 am

I don't keep up with pop music to be honest. I'm not a huge fan of America (Sorry Nakia) but they have the most amazing rock culture that makes European pop look like something the cat threw up
Back to top Go down
Trip
Psycho Princess
Trip

Foreign Voicers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Voicers   Foreign Voicers I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 12:58 am

Cara, would you teach me some basic French? I want to know stuff like 'I'm sorry but I don't speak much French' Just things that allow me to be slightly above the average English idiot! I hate going to a country and knowing nothing of their language. It's rude and ignorant not to make the effort!
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Foreign Voicers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Voicers   Foreign Voicers I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 1:25 am

There are some pretty awesome European metal/hard rock bands though.

Silvery wrote:
Cara, would you teach me some basic French? I want to know stuff like 'I'm sorry but I don't speak much French' Just things that allow me to be slightly above the average English idiot! I hate going to a country and knowing nothing of their language. It's rude and ignorant not to make the effort!

I would like to. We could also enlist Triactus (I don't think TON could overcome his dislike for French though). We'd have to make a new thread, this can be fun.

'I'm sorry but I don't speak much French'

Je suis désolé mais je ne parle pas bien français.

Let me tell you by the way that after reading what you've posted in French I'm pretty sure you're miles away from your "average English idiot" IMO the most important thing is the willingness to learn and you've got plenty of that.
Back to top Go down
Trip
Psycho Princess
Trip

Foreign Voicers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Voicers   Foreign Voicers I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 1:35 am

OK, I'd say that as 'Jay sue day-sole may jay parl paz bean fransay' is that rubbish?
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Foreign Voicers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Voicers   Foreign Voicers I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 1:38 am

That should do the trick. Smile
Back to top Go down
Triactus
Emperor
Triactus

Foreign Voicers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Voicers   Foreign Voicers I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 3:04 pm

Carabas wrote:
'I'm sorry but I don't speak much French'

Je suis désolé mais je ne parle pas bien français.

Or in québecois slang : Scuse moé, mais j'parle pas ben le français pantoute. lol!
Back to top Go down
Trip
Psycho Princess
Trip

Foreign Voicers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Voicers   Foreign Voicers I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 3:25 pm

Good greif, I was reletively coherent last night! Not bad after going through two bottles of wine!
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Foreign Voicers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Voicers   Foreign Voicers I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 5:47 pm

Especially considering the bottles! Château Petrus 1953 and Château Yquem 1965... Foreign Voicers 47717
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

Foreign Voicers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Voicers   Foreign Voicers I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 10:17 pm

I'd speak English exclusively if I wasn't stuck in a province of moronic French-Canadians. I was told a couple of ttimes I have a vague British accent while speaking English..Which is weird.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

Foreign Voicers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Voicers   Foreign Voicers I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 11:09 pm

So do a recording and let us hear it, Triactus.
Back to top Go down
Triactus
Emperor
Triactus

Foreign Voicers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Voicers   Foreign Voicers I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 11:19 pm

It will have to wait a bit, though. I still don't have a mic, but I hope to have one in the future. Smile
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Foreign Voicers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Voicers   Foreign Voicers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 12:29 am

I'll have to plug my microphone, get my voice back and find a quiet place where I could record something without facing uwanted noises or interruptions. That's a lot! Foreign Voicers 610508
Back to top Go down
Triactus
Emperor
Triactus

Foreign Voicers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Voicers   Foreign Voicers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 12:48 am

Carabas wrote:
I'll have to plug my microphone, get my voice back and find a quiet place where I could record something without facing uwanted noises or interruptions. That's a lot! Foreign Voicers 610508

Oh, like "the voices"? Does the mic pick them up or is it just in your head? What do they tell you to do? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

Foreign Voicers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Voicers   Foreign Voicers I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 12:51 am

Finding a quiet spot or time is the hardest thing. I imagine to be a successful professional Voice Actor you need a soundproof room.

Remember DO NOT USE A CAMCORDER MIC.

Eventually if we are successful we will need some one who knows sound equipment. Not worry about that now.

Foreign Voicers 13493 Good one Triactus.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Foreign Voicers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Foreign Voicers   Foreign Voicers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Foreign Voicers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Belle Sakura Saloon :: Archived Topics-
Jump to: