Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Fallout 4 News - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Fallout 4 News - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Fallout 4 News - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Fallout 4 News - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Fallout 4 News - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Fallout 4 News - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Fallout 4 News - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Fallout 4 News - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Fallout 4 News - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Fallout 4 News - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Fallout 4 News - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Fallout 4 News - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Fallout 4 News

Go down 
+3
Sue77
Kana
Triactus
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Fallout 4 News - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 News   Fallout 4 News - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 11:00 am

I've just pre-ordered F4... My only excuse is that it was a pretty good deal, I get a physical copy of the game from the shop around the corner for 45 euros which isn't bad but I also have 20 euros added to my credit in this store as a bonus (which I can spend on books, CDs, DVDs or even games). Considering Christmas is coming I'm going to be spending more than 20 euros in this store so in fact it makes buying F4 really cheap (especially compared to the price they're asking for on Steam).

Hopefully the shooting will live up to the standards of Wolfenstein, Doom and Rage. That alone would make Skyrim with guns fun even if the story ends up being balls (and I know it will).
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 News   Fallout 4 News - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2015 4:26 am

I look forward to hearing how you like the game. It sounds as if you got an excellent deal.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 News   Fallout 4 News - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2015 12:39 pm

Which is the reason why I decided to purchase it. I mean 25 euros (considering I would have spent the 20 euros in the store anyway) is probably as good a deal I would get for quite some time.

My expectations are not that high when it comes to the story and this game being even remotely true to the original Fallout games so I think I have the right mindset to approach what I'm calling Skyrim with guns.

I'm staying away from all the hype they've been pushing. Expectations can really ruin an otherwise ok game.

If they manage to make it less stupid than Fallout 3 and if they succeed in implementing some decent FPS mechanics then it should be fine.
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 News   Fallout 4 News - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 9:06 am

Hmm, I think I still have a 20$ gift card laying around somewhere in my boxes. I don't really care about the game but my bird has been pestering me to get it, so if it brings down the price to an acceptable range, yeah, why not.

I would love to see the unreleased Fallout 3 Interplay made. Another old-school Fallout game would be much more awesome than Skyrim with guns.

Fallout 3 is bollocks but IMO I prefer the bleak emptyness of the DC Wasteland (and Point Lookout, even though it is bollocks as well) over the crowded Mojave.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 News   Fallout 4 News - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 9:40 am

Here is a video for you my friend:

Back to top Go down
RYUchan
Visitor
RYUchan

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 News   Fallout 4 News - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 2:08 pm

Nice, really nice video Smile
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 News   Fallout 4 News - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 4:54 pm

Thinking about what could have been can't be helped I guess...

Truth is I don't expect Fallout 4 to deviate too much from what they did with Fallout 3. It will be fun to see how it will work out in the end but I expect goody two shoes BoS (more like BS if you ask me) but if they can make the shooting more entertaining that's always something.

Back when I started playing Fallout 3 I had not played any shooter since the 90s so I couldn't tell how bad it was. Now after playing games like Wolfenstein, Rage, Shadow Warrior, Hard Reset and other games in this genre like the (awesome) Metro series it would be really annoying if they didn't improve on that with Fallout 4 (at least make it on par with the Borderlands series).

I also expect that the Enclave will make a comeback in Fallout 4. Not that it makes a lot of sense considering Fallout lore but Bethesda is probably not going to change existing factions that much...

If only they could take a page from New Vegas...

I'm not expecting a miracle.

The funny thing is that they're already selling the season pass for Fallout 4 which is a bit silly considering we currently don't have any information regarding the content of that pass. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 News   Fallout 4 News - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2015 1:50 am

Even though it is absolute bollocks I wouldn't mind bringing back the Enclave IF there is an option to actually join them, because I swear if I have to be a BoS whipping boy like in F3 I will be fucking pissed. Then again Bethesda are known for stupid moves, I.E Skyrim -- the civil war between the Stormcloaks and Empire would have been a superb storyline has it been properly developped, but no, instead make way for stupid fucking bollocks overgrown, overrated lizards. I hated Skyrim so much I watched a sodding speed run to see what I missed, and here's a hint -- absolutely nothing.  

Bethesda is on serious drugs if they thought the miserable excuse for a Fallout 3 we got was better than Van Buren. THIS is the kind of Fallout game I can get behind, THIS is the Fallout 3 I would have played.

I fully expect F4 to be a massive pile of toot. But, it will nontheless still have the open world sandbox formula which means I can do what I did in Morrowind, Ob, Skyshite, F3 and NV -- tell the plot to piss off, leave and explore.

I've got the gift card, but if the price after this card is anywhere over 40$ then I told my bird she can go get it herself because I will wait instead.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 News   Fallout 4 News - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 29, 2015 6:44 pm

The civil war could have been a truly epic storyline that's true and it was sad that they missed such an opportunity.

I expect the Enclave to make a comeback and I do not expect the story to make much sense...

Still, Fallout 4 aka Skyrim with guns may well prove entertaining considering exploration is where games by Bethesda truly shine. They claim to have improved gunplay, crafting and some other things so it may work out in the end.

I was concerned about the dumbing down of the Fallout special system but that's old news and streamlining it à la Skyrim can only help the game at that point.

In the old games you could only shine in a few skills so you had to think and make the most of what you had. Fallout 3 and New Vegas are all about your character becoming good at everything and that really sucks but I don't expect that it will change... Character builds are a thing of the past especially when it comes to AAA games. These days players expect to be able to do everything with their characters and that leaves no room for roleplaying. I remember all the cretins ranting about FNV because you had to pick a faction and could not go for all of them in one playthrough. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 News   Fallout 4 News - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 7:44 am

I've had a look at Many a True Nerd's intro playthrough of the game.

Sod it. I'm buying it Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 News   Fallout 4 News - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 3:08 pm

I haven't watched videos as I want to keep things fresh and the net is rife with spoilers. I've picked up my copy and will get started with the download once I get home.

EDIT: buying a physical copy of this game is pretty pointless when it comes with only 1 DVD and you have to download most of it...
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 News   Fallout 4 News - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 9:04 pm

Didn't care to watch it, but I was in bed with Christina so I kind of watched it by default. At least it gave me an idea of what to expect from the crafting system and the base mechanics of the game.

Not getting a physical copy either -- the convenience store next to our flat sells Steam card. We'll see what site has the better price.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 News   Fallout 4 News - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2015 12:19 am

I wrote a long post and lost it. Too tired to go over it again tonight. Bottom line the game borrows too much from Fallout 3 but it is fun and adds stuff that only existed with mods and some much tighter shooting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 News   Fallout 4 News - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fallout 4 News
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2