Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Greetings from a nerdy gaymer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Greetings from a nerdy gaymer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Greetings from a nerdy gaymer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Greetings from a nerdy gaymer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Greetings from a nerdy gaymer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Greetings from a nerdy gaymer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Greetings from a nerdy gaymer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Greetings from a nerdy gaymer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Greetings from a nerdy gaymer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Greetings from a nerdy gaymer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Greetings from a nerdy gaymer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Greetings from a nerdy gaymer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Greetings from a nerdy gaymer

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

Greetings from a nerdy gaymer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a nerdy gaymer   Greetings from a nerdy gaymer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 6:34 pm

Hokay guys, you are confusing me. What is the difference between science fiction and fantasy? I am not at all sure there is a difference. Fantasy in novels, games and movies usually includes either or both magic and supernatural influences and is frequently set in a medieval atmosphere. Sometimes an effort is made to give a scientific basis to the magic.

I believe in ESP because of personal experiences and although I do not believe in a god in the standard religious sense of the word I believe there is more to this world than can be put in a laboratory and studied scientifically. I cannot prove any of this to you or anyone else so it falls into the realm of fantasy yet it is very real to me.

FTL travel is considered impossible at this time so it falls into the realm of fantasy or speculation. Not that long ago in the history of mankind it was believed that the sun rotated the earth. Twenty-five years ago the ophthalmologists couldn't even properly diagnose muscular degeneration. Now they can. Science is not static but in constant motion

I don't see that much difference between science fiction and gantasy. I think they overlap but the I disagree with both the Big Bang theorists and the hardcore creationists. It was only 600 hundred years ago that many people still considered the world to be flat. That is a moment in time for humankind. Who knows what discoveries will be made in the next 600 years?.

No flame wars allowed here, keep it on a polite basis, please.

Last edited by Nakia the Rogue on Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a nerdy gaymer   Greetings from a nerdy gaymer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 6:41 pm

I've never read Eragon but I've been arguing that we know very little indeed. The major point on which we disagree is Einstein's theory (I don't take it for granted as it's not been proven).

You've mentioned that you've been posting at very late hours and that is probably not such a good idea if you end up being tired.

Anyway let's agree to disagree and leave it at that.
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Loran
Visitor
Loran

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a nerdy gaymer   Greetings from a nerdy gaymer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 6:50 pm

Nakia, somehow you managed to say everything I have tried to say, and in one post! And don't worry, Carabas and I will leave this conversation at this.

Agreed. In the future avoid comments like "suck on that" in bold letters if you don't want to flame. -Cara
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a nerdy gaymer   Greetings from a nerdy gaymer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 7:17 pm

Nakia the Rogue wrote:
Hokay guys, you are confusing me. What is the difference between science fiction and fantasy? I am not at all sure there is a difference. Fantasy in novels, games and movies usually includes either or both magic and supernatural influences and is frequently set in a medieval atmosphere. Sometimes an effort is made to give a scientific basis to the magic.

I believe in ESP because of personal experiences and although I do not believe in a god in the standard religious sense of the word I believe there is more to this world than can be put in a laboratory and studied scientifically. I cannot prove any of this to you or anyone else so it falls into the realm of fantasy yet it is very real to me.

FTL travel is considered impossible at this time so it falls into the realm of fantasy or speculation. Not that long ago in the history of mankind it was believed that the sun rotated the earth. Twenty-five years ago the ophthalmologists couldn't even properly diagnose muscular degeneration. Now they can. Science is not static but in constant motion

I don't see that much difference between science fiction and gantasy. I think they overlap but the I disagree with both the Big Bang theorists and the hardcore creationists. It was only 600 hundred years ago that many people still considered the world to be flat. That is a moment in time for humankind. Who knows what discoveries will be made in the next 600 years?.

No flame wars allowed here, keep it on a polite basis, please.

I don't flame, I'm straight. (forgive the pun I couldn't resist). Very Happy

FYI FTL doesn't necessarily fall within the realm of fantasy, I believe it's quite the opposite actually as it can be considered as a hallmark of science fiction; other than that I agree with you Nakia.
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a nerdy gaymer   Greetings from a nerdy gaymer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 7:32 pm

Good we three agree to agree and disagree. I know you don't flame, Cara, but Loran mentioned it and I couldn't resist either. Very Happy

I do enjoy serious subjects but they are so hard to handle even when people are friendly.
Back to top Go down
Trip
Psycho Princess
Trip

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a nerdy gaymer   Greetings from a nerdy gaymer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 7:58 pm

I like my beer cold, my TV loud and my Homosexuals FLAMING!

Haha. I love The Simpsons.

(Attempt at stupid humour to stop you all being grumpy lol!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from a nerdy gaymer   Greetings from a nerdy gaymer - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings from a nerdy gaymer
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Belle Sakura Saloon :: The Front Desk :: Saloon Guest Book-
Jump to: