Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales. I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales. I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales. I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales. I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales. I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales. I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales. I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales. I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales. I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales. I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales. I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales. I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales.

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales. Empty
PostSubject: How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales.   How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 3:57 am

Belle Sakura Saloon means Beautiful Cherry Tree Saloon and this is the story of how this forum evolved.

One evening a rogue, a voice actress and a lone wolf were sitting around a camp fire discussing many different things, the state of the world, the tendency of so many to follow the mundane and what was the best cheese. The conversation turned to the Internet and the various forums they belonged to. One of them commented on how generic the forums looked. Oh, there were difference and some were more interesting than others but they just didn't strike these three as really unique.

The voice actress named jezdamayel said she would love to have a forum for voice actors, the rogue named Nakia the Rogue thought about that a bit. Then she said she thought it should be more general than that with a good strong voice actors section. The lone wolf named Carabas stared thoughtfully at the moon wondering if it was time to do some howling.

jez and Nakia tossed ideas back and forth discussing various possibilities then turned to Carabas and asked him what he thought. They told him they had no idea how to set up a forum. He smiled gently at them and said he would check into it and get back to them.

The next night they gathered again and Carabas told them he had found a site provider and gave them the link. jez and Nakia both checked into the site provider. Nakia yelled that the site was death on her eyes and asked a friend to check on the site. He reported back that it was good. So Nakia reported back to jez and then to Cara, that the site looked goo. jez was quite excited about the idea of her own forum. Cara thought a bit and agreed to set up a forum for them but it had to have a name first.

Back to the drawing board jez and Nakia went and discussed names. Cara mentioned that he wouldn't mind a Western theme. After throwing out various names it was decided to go French, Japanese and English for the title. Cara being French, jez liking Japanese and Nakia just happy to have aplace were a rogue could be happy and feel at home. Belle Sakura Saloon a wild and wacky place.

Come have a drink with us and enjoy the scenery.

This needs editing and comments. Comments are welcome but will be deleted when this is either accepted or rejected. Smile Please be honest. jez and Cara you can edit so please do so. If your name is spelled wrong I apologize and please fix it.

Last edited by Nakia the Rogue on Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales.   How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 10:57 am

Nice story. Now I should come up with a story explaining how the lone wolf ended up meowing at the night and turning into a tubby cat with an inordinate penchant for lasagna. That would be quite a long story. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales.   How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 11:23 am

How the Lone Wolf became a Tabby Cat and Chairman of the Board

to be continued by Carabas.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales.   How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 11:42 am

Another one on the to do list. I've missed an opportunity to remain quiet. Laughing

yep -Nak Laughing
Back to top Go down
Trip
Psycho Princess
Trip

PostSubject: Re: How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales.   How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 3:17 pm

Mmm. I make excellent lasagne
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales.   How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 3:20 pm

Silvery (Wed 15 Dec 2010 - 16:17) wrote:
Mmm. I make excellent lasagne

I'm feeling a bit peckish at the moment. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jezdamayel
Janitor
Jezdamayel

PostSubject: Re: How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales.   How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 4:21 pm

the writers section is up? want me to move this over there?
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/jezdamayel/
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales.   How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 4:25 pm

Jezdamayel wrote:
the writers section is up? want me to move this over there?

I had orginally thought of it as primarily an explanation to newcomers of how this forum came to be but if others want to add their stories to it, yes, I think it should be in the writers section perhaps pinned. So much gets lost in the creative section.
Back to top Go down
Jezdamayel
Janitor
Jezdamayel

PostSubject: Re: How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales.   How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 4:48 pm

thats a great idea! i can make it a pain page announcement when you feel it is right. ( i think its awesome now)

i added a fourm at the top of the from page for this. please could you repost it there. then i will lock it because it will be a read only thing. i ask that you repost it because if i move it i woudl have to delete the replys and i rather not.. i am not that evil.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales.   How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 5:19 pm

Will do, Madam Administrator. Very Happy How does that sound? I am glad you like it. Oh you need to give moderator rights to the things you crate.
Back to top Go down
Jezdamayel
Janitor
Jezdamayel

PostSubject: Re: How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales.   How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 5:22 pm

what rights to what i what? -_- i never knew about this.

EDIT. ok i am sorry about that. i changed it all. my bad. i also deleted a extra modders forum i made.. not knowing it was made before i made it ^^
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales.   How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 5:34 pm

Laughing Good thing we learn from our mistakes. I am parinoid that I will hit the delete button. Moderators have a lot of rights but they aren't automatic on a forum and need to be set. Took Cara a while to figure that out. So when you set up a forum you have to give the Councillors rights to it. Once we are ready to open for business Cara will give me administrators right so I can help out but right now I want to be able to check what the moderators can and cannot do.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales.   How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 5:44 pm

Nakia the Rogue wrote:
Laughing Good thing we learn from our mistakes. I am parinoid that I will hit the delete button.

I'm always wary about hitting edit instead of quote... I'd hate to erase a post by mistake. It's scary. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales.   How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 10:46 pm

This pesky little devil being handpicked to be part of this place is not in there? Oh, the insult Laughing

Just kidding.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales.   How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales. I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 11:05 pm

Type O Negative wrote:
This pesky little devil being handpicked to be part of this place is not in there? Oh, the insult Laughing

Just kidding.

Evil or Very Mad The story stops when Carabas agrees to set up the Forum and starts to work. Laughing I would rather hear the story of how you got here in your own words. I get bored with reading my own stuff I like variety and to know how others see things. So we have Cara and how he became chairman of the board, jez and how she got here, Silvery and you and how you two got here.

So pull out your quill and get writing, youn'un.
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales.   How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 12:09 am

Well, good tidings, I just smoked a fat blunt and I feel the inspiration rushing.

[QUOTE]
Then Nakia thought "This place lacks chaos and mischief", and started thinking about a new addition that would provide BSS with an extra edgy personality. "Who better to bring chaos and mischief to this place than a pesky little devil", thought Nakia. And the lightbulb tilted over her head... she had the perfect person in mind to give BSS that extra edge.

Nakia discussed the potential addition with the powers that be, to weight the pros and the cons of this new addition, and eventually an agreement was reached.

Enter Type O Negative, the former Disciple of The Watch. A short-fused, foul-mouthed, self-centered "nature" enthusiast, the former Disciple of The Watch was exactly what the powers that be were looking for to add a colorful personality to this fledgling community.

The powers that be shared history with the former DotW, as all of them originated and got to know each other on another sub-planar community with firm roots in both Law and Order. The lawful, ordered nature of the plane is in direct opposition to the chaotic, unpredictible and most of all, wicked mind of ToN eventually caused clashes with the powers that be of that plane, and for the most part, ToN deemed that the iron-fisted tyrannic PG-rated self-proclaimed "Alpha and Omega" and his handful of tools were a fair price to pay to be a part of an interestingly dysfunctional family.

One day, however... the "Alpha and Omega" and ToN locked horns for the n+1th time, and this time, however, he finally had enough of the "Alpha and Omega" and his tools, and completely stopped posting. For a handful of months, nothing more was heard from ToN, and he pretty much faded into nothingness. Months later, however, tragedy struck. With the void left behind by the tragedy, the former DotW somewhat mended bridges with the community, assuming the mantle of colorful personality. But, even in this turn of events, ToN had been vocal about him being tired of the said plane, and the feeling remained.

Then, one evening, Nakia reached out to Type O Negative in the sub-planar community where they originally got to know each other, basically telling him he had been hand-picked to be part of this new community. ToN accepted the invitation, and from that moment... chaos began to flow into BSS.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales.   How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 12:33 am

Laughing Hokay, guys, should I copy and past this into the Tavern Tales Forum or is there perhaps a bit too much stress on "The Alpha and Omega"?
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales.   How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 12:45 am

It's not like I named the community not the nickname of the "Alpha and Omega".
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales.   How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 12:53 am

Chaos reigns Laughing We will see what Carabas says. I find it very funny but I am Chaotic good so not the best judge.
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales.   How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 2:17 am

Technically, my last take of the WoTC alignment test nailed me as Neutral Evil.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales.   How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 2:29 am

Type O Negative wrote:
Technically, my last take of the WoTC alignment test nailed me as Neutral Evil.

Interesting. My most fun game in BG/TOB was with a chaotic evil character. I played him as smart evil. Sometimes he did good things sometimes not.

I think of you as chaotic neutral doing the unexpected. By the way, ToN, I know you know about some equipment but am not sure how wide your expertise is. Do you know audio equipment? Mics amps, pre-amps, headset that sort of thing. Could you advise people on purchasing and using inexpensive equipment. Most voice actors can't afford expensive equipment. Camcorder mics are no good for voice acting . People do use USB mics though they aren't the best. jez uses one I believe.

I have picked up some information from that other forum I was (am sort of) on. But don't really know the equipment and what to tell people to get that they can afford. My set up with cable cost about $100 and is more than most can afford.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales.   How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 9:22 am

Nakia the Rogue wrote:
Chaos reigns Laughing We will see what Carabas says. I find it very funny but I am Chaotic good so not the best judge.

It's nicely written and honest, what's not to like? Besides ToN is not naming anyone, just expressing his feelings and it's better to express them rather than bottle them up and let pressure build up inside.

As far as I'm concerned the only thing that comes out of me right now is not worth writing about. Sneezing doesn't make for good creative writing. Mad
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales.   How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 9:48 am

There you go, ToN, I'll paste it to the How this all came about Forum.

All sneezing creates for me is a congested head. Smile Take it easy, Cara, won't be much activity here this weekend I bet. Very Happy Especially with me aw.

MErry Christmas, Everyone!
rendeer
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales.   How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales. I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 7:43 pm

Sure thing. I'll just check in over the week end to keep an eye on the absence of activity here if nothing more.

As long as I don't click the self-destruct button everything should be fine.
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales.   How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales. I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 1:55 am

Quote :
I think of you as chaotic neutral doing the unexpected. By the way, ToN, I know you know about some equipment but am not sure how wide your expertise is. Do you know audio equipment? Mics amps, pre-amps, headset that sort of thing. Could you advise people on purchasing and using inexpensive equipment. Most voice actors can't afford expensive equipment. Camcorder mics are no good for voice acting . People do use USB mics though they aren't the best. jez uses one I believe.

If this was anything about cellphones, I could put everybody to sleep with mounds of information, but my knowledge of audio equipment is nonexistent... the last kind of audio equipment I had was a cheap mic back when I was involved with, well, an ex in a LD relationship.

Quote :
It's nicely written and honest, what's not to like?

I appreciate that, man. It's always good to hear feedback about the creative surges created by the fog... as far as honesty goes, Al Pacino said it best in Scarface:

Quote :
I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

Quote :
Besides ToN is not naming anyone, just expressing his feelings and it's better to express them rather than bottle them up and let pressure build up inside.

I admit writing this and taking my jabs was therapeutic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales.   How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How Belle Sakura Saloon came about and Other Tavern Tales.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next