Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
[FNV] Desolation Row -WIP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
[FNV] Desolation Row -WIP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
[FNV] Desolation Row -WIP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
[FNV] Desolation Row -WIP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
[FNV] Desolation Row -WIP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
[FNV] Desolation Row -WIP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
[FNV] Desolation Row -WIP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
[FNV] Desolation Row -WIP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
[FNV] Desolation Row -WIP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
[FNV] Desolation Row -WIP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
[FNV] Desolation Row -WIP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
[FNV] Desolation Row -WIP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

[FNV] Desolation Row -WIP

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Jetacon72
Visitor

[FNV] Desolation Row -WIP - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP   [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 12:10 am

Just thought I'd let you know that I put the Nite Owl suit up on the nexus. I'm not completely satisfied with the textures, but they're passable. When I first started on it I did it in Fallout3. The lighting there is different than in the desert. Plus I forgot to disable a weather mod I had going. Which also affected the way the suit looked to me in game. Hope you like.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP   [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 12:55 am

Thanks Jetacon72. It's more than "passable" (!) but feel free to make it even better if you want to! Smile

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=41881

I haven't tried it outside yet but inside Doc Mitchell's house it looked pretty good.

I took a series of screenshots of a character wearing the suit:

Spoiler:

Like I said on the Nexus the mask is perfect. The shape really matches the design. This is just great. [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP - Page 4 799235
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Jetacon72
Visitor

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP   [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 1:51 am

Thank you for the props and the pics. I was curious to see what it looked like on someone else screen.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP   [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 9:58 am

Looks absolutely great. I'm sure Paul is going to be very happy with this as well.

Did I say that the mask is simply perfect? Smile
Back to top Go down
PAULMCGREGOR
Velociraptor
PAULMCGREGOR

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP   [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 1:31 pm

Sorry I didn't respond too fast, jet this outfit is amazing. I was going to try and do a retex of it, with my meager skills, of it in Photoshop to match the winter suit he wears Razz, but was completely confused when opened up the outfit texture. But in all, it looks amazing.

If this mod is up and running again, I started thinking of weapons. Many of the vanilla weapons match the Comedian, or just basic weapon mods. But the problem is, what about Nite Owl and Rorschach? Since they're mostly hand to hnd combat, and the game doesn't deliver to well of a melee system, I looked up their gadgets. As we already know, Rorschach is like that guy, Magaiver, and he'll need crappy home buily weapons. Plenty of mods out there off that. As for Nite Owl, some quick research got some very cool results. Here's one of Nite Owl's awesome gadgets:
Spoiler:
And here's the gun that he uses:
Spoiler:
Now for this one, I was able to find a little detail about what it does: "His Owl Gun is a handheld weapon that could blind villains with a flash of light, or knock them out with a compressed air blast capable of felling a charging rhino." When I read that the second line screamed Miss Fortune's gun effect. All that need is a model. It also resembles Rorschach's zip line gun, but the problem is that is that there are no in game effects that resemble it.

Just wanted to remind Carabs why Nite Owls Winter suit looks so freaking awesome.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP   [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 1:54 pm

Hey you know what, I'm pretty sure there are some things I could learn from Honest Hearts.

A companion has a throwing spear that never runs out. If we could use this idea we could equip Nite Owl with some throwing "batarangs" :p

Also I think I've been hitting my head against the wrong wall...

I've come across this: http://geck.bethsoft.com/index.php/How_to_give_an_NPC_random_but_persistent_clothing

And it seems that it could be a perfect solution for Rorschach's mask.
Back to top Go down
PAULMCGREGOR
Velociraptor
PAULMCGREGOR

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP   [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 1:57 pm

It'd be cool, thought the animation would be totally off Razz

Wow. That's the answer.

Also, I've been snooping around the Nexus for anything type of weapons but I haven't got anything good yet.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP   [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 2:08 pm

I'll give it a shot when I'll have more time. There is a few things that need to be considered.

The animation wouldn't be a problem (I think) since what would be interesting is the script or the trick they've used in the DLC so the NPC never runs out of spears.

Regarding animations there are several weapons that do this. Check out Ashara's Batman mod. Wink
Back to top Go down
PAULMCGREGOR
Velociraptor
PAULMCGREGOR

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP   [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 3:12 pm

Good luck with it.

That's pretty cool, though I haven;t been able to play the DLC Sad

I've tried out the Batman mod (from Fallout 3), but I was referring to using this mod as the base idea:
Ninja throwing stars
It's the exact same idea, all it needs is new models similar to Nite Owl's throwing stars and that inifinite spear script idea.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP   [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 3:20 pm

I haven't tried this mod. The only problem is that the modder is Japanese and can't speak English. It will be difficult to contact him.
Back to top Go down
PAULMCGREGOR
Velociraptor
PAULMCGREGOR

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP   [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 11:43 am

I think I might've had some pretty lucky finds today. Firstly is a scarf I found in a mod (don't like at the other pictures, they almost made me throw up):
Spoiler:
If we could just size it down and trim it a bit, we could overlap it over the mysterious stranger outfit.
Also, look at this superhero outfit:
Spoiler:
It reminds me of one of the characters from Watchmen, I'm not sure who though. Oddly enough, those are both from the same author. I'll see if I can do anything with my "skills."

Edit:
Wait a second. Is it just me, or does Tenpenny's neck piece resemble Rorschach's scarf piece?
Rorschach:
Spoiler:
Tenpenny:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP   [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 2:13 pm

I remember trying out this superhero mod. It was pretty cool but I didn't notice any Watchmen reference.

The Tenpenny idea is interesting. I don't know if this outfit is included in FNV (haven't checked the BSA yet) but it looks like there is some potential. Smile
Back to top Go down
PAULMCGREGOR
Velociraptor
PAULMCGREGOR

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP   [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 2:29 pm

This is where I saw a resemblance:
Spoiler:

Don't worry, I made sure it was in the BSA this time Razz It is, but the problem is (again) I can't edit that one piece. Neither Blender or 3D Max open nifs, I've tried multiple plugins and nothing's worked. It really sucks. Could you try giving it a try? There are lots of tutorials online, all we need to do is take that one pice and retex it.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP   [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 5:06 pm

I've never been able to get anything done with Blender and I still have a headache from the last time I've tried. It would be better to ask Jetacon72 or someone who knows about that sort of things.
Back to top Go down
PAULMCGREGOR
Velociraptor
PAULMCGREGOR

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP   [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 5:20 pm

I'll try asking jetacon, hopefully he'll pass by the thread though.
Back to top Go down
Jetacon72
Visitor

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP   [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 8:57 pm

Im not sure what it is you are attempting, you will have to explain it to me a bit more. As far as Blender, I use an older version of it. It seems no one as of yet has written any .nif scripts for the latest version. Oh by the way and a bit off topic, I updated my Avengers mod today so not so glossy and a few model improvements. Get back to me about the Rorschach thing. Ill help if I can.
Back to top Go down
Jetacon72
Visitor

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP   [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 9:03 pm

Oh, I almost forgot to mention, Im making an attempt at Ozymandiaz.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP   [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 1:05 am

I think that Paul wants to use the necktie of the Tenpenny outfit to make an outfit that looks more like Rorschach's (see the picture he has posted). He will probably explain it better than I did.

I'm going to check out your Avenger mod. Sounds good.

Ozymandias? That is great. The golden outfit looks so campy (even for a superhero) that you know the man has an ego the size of Australia right away. Smile

EDIT: that's a really big file! I'm posting a link to the Avenger mod if anyone is interested http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=41175
Back to top Go down
PAULMCGREGOR
Velociraptor
PAULMCGREGOR

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP   [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 7:12 am

Thanks for coming jet, what I want to do for the Rorschach outfit is take the neck piece of the Tenpenny outfit and place it on a different outfit. Here's a picture that shows exactly what I want to remove:
Spoiler:

If you could could just use blender to just extract that one piece, I'd be hoping that we could just place it on another outfit.

As for Ozymandias, I am soooo excited to see another one of your suits! I would download the Avengers mod, but my internet here has a very costy amount on downloads.

Edit:
jet, I am loving the Ozymandias Razz
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP   [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 7:37 am

Interesting design but where has all the gold gone? Very Happy

The comics look is different from the movie:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
PAULMCGREGOR
Velociraptor
PAULMCGREGOR

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP   [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 8:01 am

I think he's trying to go for more of the movie costume:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP   [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 8:06 am

That's probably the idea. The comics costume is really campy. Smile
Back to top Go down
Jetacon72
Visitor

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP   [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 3:43 am

Sorry guys, I wasn't able to remove that part of Tenpenny's suit. So, I tried something different. You said you already have textures for the Col Autumn out fit that you like. Well, I gave that outfit a tug or two in blender and the results are not too bad if I can get the textures just right. Just a thought. I'll post a pic of it on the nexus. This is a rough draft, but let me know if you think it could be workable.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP   [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 9:37 am

Thanks for taking the time to help us with this. The only problem with Colonel Autumn's outfit is that it is not included in FNV so a mod like this would probably have to be uploaded to the Fallout 3 Nexus to get around this limitation. It's just a thought, we're not there yet.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you have in mind for this outfit. Wink
Back to top Go down
PAULMCGREGOR
Velociraptor
PAULMCGREGOR

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP   [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 23, 2011 1:19 pm

Thanks for that jet, it looks great Smile But the problem is what Carabas mentioned, but rather than make it go to waste, couldn't you just try attaching that neck piece to the Mysterious stranger outfit? I really like the looks of it.

Edit:
Here's the progress on my trial of making the Comedian:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

I've had lots of problems dealing with textures and stuff, and I'm still trying to get the right pauldron to match the Comedians outfit. And by the way, that's the personalized shotgun I made Smile
Any suggestions or comments are appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP   [FNV] Desolation Row -WIP - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[FNV] Desolation Row -WIP
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Belle Sakura Saloon :: The Gaming House :: The Iron Horse Workshop-
Jump to: