Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Need a TESIV mod installation Tutorial I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Need a TESIV mod installation Tutorial I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Need a TESIV mod installation Tutorial I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Need a TESIV mod installation Tutorial I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Need a TESIV mod installation Tutorial I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Need a TESIV mod installation Tutorial I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Need a TESIV mod installation Tutorial I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Need a TESIV mod installation Tutorial I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Need a TESIV mod installation Tutorial I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Need a TESIV mod installation Tutorial I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Need a TESIV mod installation Tutorial I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Need a TESIV mod installation Tutorial I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Need a TESIV mod installation Tutorial

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
OldCoot46
Veteran
OldCoot46

Need a TESIV mod installation Tutorial Empty
PostSubject: Need a TESIV mod installation Tutorial   Need a TESIV mod installation Tutorial I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 6:02 pm

Ok, so, it's been ages since I played and have decided to give it a go once again. I'm a little burned out on FO3 and NV right now so.....

Anyways, I've never really been able to install mods via OBMM and this is what I really need help with. I can install manually, but I'm a FOMM addict and I need to know how to become a OBMM addict.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Need a TESIV mod installation Tutorial   Need a TESIV mod installation Tutorial I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 8:59 pm

I haven't installed mods with oBMM for a while either so hesitate to giveinstructions. Hope someone here can help you. If the mod is in the format you should be able to just click on install but if it isn't it is a little more complicated. I think you have to import the file to the OBMM and then it should be fairly simple.

jez may remember how to do this.
Back to top Go down
OldCoot46
Veteran
OldCoot46

PostSubject: Re: Need a TESIV mod installation Tutorial   Need a TESIV mod installation Tutorial I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 9:32 pm

Yea, I'm having problems installing HGEC and Breeze. I just hate installing manually. Installing manually is easy, but if the mod is messed up or causes issues, it can be a real pain removing it. That's why in FO3 and NV, I install all mods with FOMM. Easy install and removal.

If I want my game back to vanilla, all I do click Deactivate All, then right click each mod and hit delete.

This is why I want to learn OBMM.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Need a TESIV mod installation Tutorial   Need a TESIV mod installation Tutorial I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 11:56 pm

I wish I could help you. You may have to go the Bethesda Forum or you could try Dragon Captions, it is not very active but there are a couple of very knowledable people who show up from time to time. I can give you the link if you wish.
Back to top Go down
OldCoot46
Veteran
OldCoot46

PostSubject: Re: Need a TESIV mod installation Tutorial   Need a TESIV mod installation Tutorial I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 11:58 pm

Nah, I hate registerin at a ton of sites. I'm good. I guess I will just manually instal everythin like before.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Need a TESIV mod installation Tutorial   Need a TESIV mod installation Tutorial I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 12:00 am

Another idea, give Paul71 a PM. He is very good and knows The Elder Scrolls.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Need a TESIV mod installation Tutorial   Need a TESIV mod installation Tutorial I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 1:22 am

I like installing things manually because it's much easier to modify something if it's not saisfactory. I also like to open bsa and stuff and see what's in there.

Of course that makes going back to vanilla more difficult (unless you back up everything or keep track of all the changes you make).
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
OldCoot46
Veteran
OldCoot46

PostSubject: Re: Need a TESIV mod installation Tutorial   Need a TESIV mod installation Tutorial I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 1:27 am

Well, I got HGEC installed with OBMM, but Breeze had to be installed manually.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Need a TESIV mod installation Tutorial   Need a TESIV mod installation Tutorial I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 2:40 am

Both ways have their advantages and disadvantages. A resource mod or one that includes a lot of resources is easier to uninstall if it is OBMM.
Back to top Go down
Paul71
Visitor
Paul71

PostSubject: Re: Need a TESIV mod installation Tutorial   Need a TESIV mod installation Tutorial I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 4:43 pm

It sounds like you got the job done Old Coot, but what exactly is it that you need to know about using OBMM that isn't obvious from using FOMM?

In my experience the biggest problem with OBMM is figuring out the 'install path'. For example, you won't get a working OMOD if you try and package it using the wrong folder, or using an .EXE or using something that is package in non-standard ways. The problem is that OBMM doesn't realise this. It makes it look like you've made an OMD, which you can then activate. But it won't work because you haven't packaged up the files that you need.

The simplest solution to all of this is to manually unpack the .rar or .zip into a folder on your desktop. You can then examine the folder to see that everything is where it should be i.e that there is a 'data' file with the necessary .esp and .esm, and that the various mesh and texture folders are in place. Once everything is correct, you can make an OMOD from the folder, rather than the archive. That sorts out a goodish number of issues that arise with incorrectly working OMODs

I probably haven't explained it all that well, and it may not even be the nub of the problem you're having. If not please give more specific. I'd be happy to download a nod that is causing problems, work it out, and provide step-by-step instructions if that helps Smile
Back to top Go down
OldCoot46
Veteran
OldCoot46

PostSubject: Re: Need a TESIV mod installation Tutorial   Need a TESIV mod installation Tutorial I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 4:48 pm

Well, with FOMM, I can just point it to the rar or 7zip and it will install it. With OBMM, I unpacked HGEC and chose the mesh and textures I wanted, then set them where they went. Opened up OBMM chose create, pointed it to the folder I wanted and it made the OMOD. Then I activated it. With Breeze, that didn't work. No idea why.

Back to top Go down
Paul71
Visitor
Paul71

PostSubject: Re: Need a TESIV mod installation Tutorial   Need a TESIV mod installation Tutorial I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 10:32 pm

I'm not familiar with Breeze. It appears to be some sort of enhancement to the HGEC body mod.

If I get chance tomorrow I'll give it a go myself and see if I can figure it out - because it sounds from your description that you basically did everything right Shocked
Back to top Go down
OldCoot46
Veteran
OldCoot46

PostSubject: Re: Need a TESIV mod installation Tutorial   Need a TESIV mod installation Tutorial I_icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 10:39 pm

I will be reinstallin Oblivion again later, after we can figure out what my issues are.

I also tried usin AMB Replacer and decided to use TGND female replacer and nothin worked.

So no need to mess with Breeze anymore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need a TESIV mod installation Tutorial   Need a TESIV mod installation Tutorial I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need a TESIV mod installation Tutorial
Page 1 of 1