Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Nakia's Babblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Nakia's Babblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Nakia's Babblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Nakia's Babblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Nakia's Babblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Nakia's Babblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Nakia's Babblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Nakia's Babblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Nakia's Babblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Nakia's Babblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Nakia's Babblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Nakia's Babblings - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Nakia's Babblings

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

Nakia's Babblings - Page 5 Empty
PostNakia's Babblings

Hi y'all,

This will just be a rambling blog where I post up what ever is on my mind. Similar to a status report. You know "the weather is terrible". Whatever is on my mind...

Last edited by Nakia the Rogue on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Nakia's Babblings :: Comments

Nakia the Rogue
Re: Nakia's Babblings
Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:26 pm by Nakia the Rogue
Thanks for the recipe, Mr. k. I will give it a try. I like medium. Not real hot but with a little kick so you know you have eaten something at least vaguely resembling food from south of the border.

ION: I am back from the foot doctor. I will go back Monday to meet with some people for a non-medical therapy device to aid in curing the tingling in my toes. The tingling is a sign of poor circulation and that is dangerous. The tingling isn't bad but we don't want it to get worse. I love this doctor and wish there were more like him. He doesn't believe in talking pills unless there is no alternative. I actually like going to see him. A few minutes wait, a nice chat while he clips my toenails and that is it.

All the changes in my home life does have me stressed out and is also physically tiring so I have been playing low key games. I just got one from Steam called Grand cities Rome with a DLC to build Augusta.

I will discuss it further in the game forum. Try to remember to take some screenshots.
Trip
Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:29 pm by Trip
Ginkgo Biloba supplements are good for circulation. They can also improve your memory too. Ironically, I always forget to take mine!
Nakia the Rogue
Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:37 pm by Nakia the Rogue
I wonder if I can find them locally or if I would need to order them online. Thanks for reminding me I had frgotten about those. Very Happy
Mr. K
Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:41 pm by Mr. K
Hi Nakia;

I should get you in-touch with my Brother, he is always talking about supplements, and what they can do for you. He has been studying this for decades, and knows a lot. Look for a PM.

Mr. K
Nakia the Rogue
Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:55 pm by Nakia the Rogue
Sure, Mr. K. now if he only knew one that would make my voice sound a little younger. Smile That yellow raisin and gin one a woman told me about really does work for joint pain. There is also one that helps the eyesight. I think it is boysenberry, not sure. You make jelly from it that is how it was discovered. Some of our pilots were fling for the RAF in one of the world wars and they found when ate the jelly or jam their night vision improved. We are what we eat.
Mr. K
Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:00 am by Mr. K
Fun; Boysenberry jelly, I got to keep an eye out for that!

Looks like the Black Berries we have around here, just not as dark.
Nakia's Babblings - Page 5 800px-Boysenberries

Mr. K
Nakia the Rogue
Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:45 am by Nakia the Rogue
I may be wrong about the berry. Maybe your brother knows the right one. I love boysenberry jam, jelly, syrup, berry, pie, whatever so I may be projecting. I also love black berries. We had a big patch of them on the farm. I would pick them and sell them to the local grocer. Of course I also ate and even managed to bring some home.
Nakia the Rogue
Post Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:37 pm by Nakia the Rogue
Just a bit of rambling.
There have been three events in my life that stand out as making major changes.
1) The death of my grandfather a few months before I turned fifteen.

2) The loss of my eyesight. I think I may have had a break down when that happened. The world just fell apart and it took me three years to accept and adjust to it. I was one of the lucky ones and much of my vision has returned.

3) The death of my cousin Karin in 2011. Her death completely destroyed my world and I have had to rebuild it. It was a time of introspection and coming to terms with myself. With the help of friends both offline and online I was able to come through it a better person.
Nakia the Rogue
Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:52 pm by Nakia the Rogue
Went to the foot doctor to get a gadget for doing home therapy on the foot. Took about an hour because being Nakia the Rogue I had to be difficult. The preferred method is to put a special sock on the foot which hooks up to the gadget that sends electrical impulses to the foot. Didn't work. Worked great on the leg which had me screaming. but not on the foot itself. Plan be, put the special pads on the foot itself, four of them and attach the gadget to that. I still had to push it up to maximum but it worked. I do that for half hour three times a day. That is supposed to aid the blood circulation in the feet.

I am disappointed that the sock didn't work. Maybe if we can get better circulation in the feet it will work with the sock. At least the legs are still sensitive. The doctor may have caught this just in time. I have feeling in the feet but the toes are tingly. I am rather attached to those toes and would like to keep them. Smile

So that is the story of my adventuresome morning.
Nakia the Rogue
Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:08 pm by Nakia the Rogue
Just tried the first home treatment. The right foot is much more responsive so I may try the sock on that foot. The left foot is much less so. I think we started the treatment for the left foot just in time. The socks are better because they cover more area plus I can do both feet at the same time. I hope the left foot gets more responsive.

I can do the treatments sitting at the computer so the time element is no big deal.

For those who do not know foot problems are a big problem with diabetics because of loss of circulation. Will not go into details.

Mr. K
Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:24 pm by Mr. K
Hi Nakia;

Do what ever you need to do, to take care of your Feet.

Mr. K
Nakia the Rogue
Post Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:25 am by Nakia the Rogue
Yes, Mr. K, there aren't the prettiest, sexiest feet by stretch but I am rather fond of the. Had em ever since I was a wee one and would like to leave this world with em attached. Very Happy
Mr. K
Post Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:32 pm by Mr. K
Hi All users of Feet!

Feet like to go on long walks in the woods, or on the beach, maybe even in the hills, but they don't like to sit around too much.

We all could walk around more than we do, I know I need to.

Mr. K
Nakia the Rogue
Post Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:20 am by Nakia the Rogue
Yes, these feet are made for walking.

I will also take this opportunity to remind people that sitting at your computer for hours on end and can be deadly to your health. Age doesn't matter young or old get up and take those feet for a walk.
Nakia the Rogue
Post Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:42 pm by Nakia the Rogue
I am not a forgiving person. The things I find hard to forgive are often acts committed against others not against me. However, I do not like being lied to. If you disagree with me that is fine. If we are exchanging opinions that is all we are doing but if we are exchanging facts then I expect the facts to be true, relevant and current. Facts as we know them change. To the ancients the world was flat. We now know that it is round. We know that Galileo was right and the Roman Catholic Church of the time was wrong. Statistics prove very little by themselves and the same statistics can sometimes be used by opposing parties. Rigidity in beliefs restricts us from learning new things, ideas, ways of doing things, ways of thinking.

Just some rambling thoughts on some things that have been bothering me.
Nakia the Rogue
Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:21 am by Nakia the Rogue
I am the cat who walks in the dark. I am the tiger defending her own. I call no god or human master. I am slave to noone. I fear only myself and my short comings. I will listen to what others have to say but will state my own opinions in as polite and friendly way as possible but I will not back down simple because I am threatened. I will change my views only if you can prove me wrong. Beware my fangs for they are sharp and strong.

I am the cat who walks in the dark.
Mr. K
Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:05 am by Mr. K
I am the Wolf in Poodle fur, I am nice and cuddly...
Sometimes, the Wolf is next to you, and all is well. But very rarely the Wolf is needed, and what looks like a pet, with lots of fluffy fur, can and will defend you from anything that is a threat to you, or yours. I the Wolf inside the Poodle will defend you, even to the end of life, for that is the nature of a Wolf-in-Poodle-Fur Friend.

OK, even if you are a odd smelling cat, I will help you, my Tiger Friend. If you turn all the lights out, I will sniff out the Danger.
Nakia the Rogue
Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:28 am by Nakia the Rogue
Nakia's Babblings - Page 5 626442 is very fond of Poodle-wolves. As long as they don't eat her tuna.
Nakia's Babblings - Page 5 17997 Nakia's Babblings - Page 5 438168 Nakia's Babblings - Page 5 908882 Nakia's Babblings - Page 5 13493
Sue77
Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:24 am by Sue77
I am the parrot who watches all that passes by with interest. I am a loyal and talkative bird, who enjoys communicating and learns quickly. My talons are strong and my beak sharp, but they are only used as a weapon if I feel those I bond with are under threat, or that I am in danger. When left in the wild I swoop and soar on brightly coloured wings that blend with sun dappled leaves. But, if contained, my nature may become subversive, or I may withdraw.

Last edited by Sue77 on Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : gosh - you could tell I'd done this 1st thing! Hopefully better now :))
Nakia the Rogue
Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:02 am by Nakia the Rogue
That is beautiful, Sue.
Mr. K
Post Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:39 am by Mr. K
Hi Nakia;

I read the 1st page of the Topic that you linked for me.

OK, AD is right and wrong on several points. AD sounds like an uninformed Patriot, nice to have Patriots, we need more, but they need to study History, from the viewpoint of what makes the US different from other Nations. That is sorely missing in our Education system, it was designed by Politicians, not Educators.

The only Country that ever joined the Union as a Nation is the Republic of Texas, and that was to help pay for some bad economic decisions by the new Nation of Texas. Alaska was bought from the Russians, for almost nothing. Hawaii was an independent Nation, but just before joining the Union, a small group of American Fruit Plantation owners took over the Royal Government in a odd Coup d'état kind of takeover of the Islands, in hopes that they could join the Union for economic gain. The Hawaiians did not really want to join us.

As far as the US Constitution, it just may not be the best way to govern, and you know how much I believe in the system the US Constitution sets out for governing the US. I just don't know of a better system in use today, maybe some different Democratic/Republic forms are as good, maybe even better. The US has a multitude of major problems, that the Government has caused, and many that the Government can't fix. The biggest problem is that the US Government thinks every problem is fixable, and keeps on trying to fix everything, to the detriment of all of us, everybody on this small blue ball.

I do agree that many Counties would be happy to join the Union if they could, but I don't thing the US Congress would invite them in.

And in a very controversial way, I do think that America is the best, even with it's multitude of problems, and despite the stupidity of the Political Leadership, and how we Elect them. If you want, I could explain why, and how the US became the best, despite the efforts of many Politicians. Lots of intentional, and unintentional bad things, and tons of pure good luck, led to some of the best parts of the way we as a Nation of people, became what, and who we are. Some things about some Americans is just the things that confuse, and make many other people dislike, or mistrust us. I don't blame them, we Americans are brash and insufferable Braggart's, me included. And the News Media is all to glad to tell everybody how bad we are, without much mention of how good and generous we are. If you think of who makes up the Nation of Americans, and where they came from, and why they came, you will understand what I think. But of Course many people, Americans included, would never believe me, or AD.

One thing that AD may not realize, is that for most Counties in the World, they would not take kindly to someone burning their Countries Flag, but for the US, if someone, anyone, burns our Flag, it is an insult to their own Country, or to their own Beliefs. Why? Because We Americans know that we have the Right to Burn our Flag in protest of something we don't like, but that if the same people burned their own Flag in their own Country, they could be in trouble, maybe even put in prison, or worse. And many have for lessor wrongs, we Americans don't punish anybody for protesting.

Mr. K: Just an Old Guy from Texas, a place that is part of the US, but we stand apart, just a little.
Nakia the Rogue
Post Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:24 am by Nakia the Rogue
The thing is he asked a question and got an answer. A resounding NO. Then he went on to make statements about European Nations and Peoples that are not factual. He shows an extreme lack of knowledge as well as total insensitivity. He has misinterpreted a couple of posts I made. He insists that the USA is and always has been a right-wing country. He has put me in the left-wing camp when I several times stated I was a moderate. Not completely true but understand the circumstances I think it is the best I can do. I am a fiscal conservative, believe in small government and the right of the individual to choose.

I am now ignoring his posts and only trying to reassure the readers of his posts that we all don't feel the way he does. That at least one of us can think for herself and not quote propaganda.

His answer to me was if I didn't like guns and freedom to leave the country. Laughing So much for freedom. Sounds a bit like someone else I know. If you don't agree with me get out.

I think he is probably very young. I hope so because maybe he will grow up and learn what the world is really like and maybe even study some political science and history.

Unfortunately making false statements and half-truths is not going to win any friends or influence people. He has a lot to learn.

analog_relic
Post Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:38 am by analog_relic
Hi Nakia and Mr K. Who is this AD of whom you speak? Sounds like he/she might be a bit of a tool. Greetings from AR.
Mr. K
Post Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:24 pm by Mr. K
Hi AR;

AD, is someone on a different site that Nakia is a member, and is keeping up with. That Nakia Lady is everywhere!

Politics is one of the Topics that is usually a lot more complicated than most Politically Active people realize, and to over simplify it is the only way to be able to talk about it.

Politics be in this place. I warn you, this could make you Think...
Spoiler:

Yep, there is a lot more where that came from. Someday I may write a novel about Humans expanding into the Solar System and how Politics develop from a system controlled by some Earth Based Governmental Agency, or some Corporate organization running a, controlled from afar, group of people, to large numbers of dispersed individual groups spread out so far that any organization would have to be controlled locally. Maybe some small groups could act more like an extended Family, or Clan, than a part of some larger Nation.

Mr. K

PS: Nakia you can copy this stuff and post it for AD to see if you like.
Nakia the Rogue
Post Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:19 pm by Nakia the Rogue
Hey, thanks Mr. K.

@AR: Ad is a twenty year old, second year college student from Missouri. Do you know about Missouri?
Side note to Mr. K, I have been very good and not made any Missouri jokes.
Back to Ar: The post is on a site where Cara, Sil, Skorp and I met nigh on to ten years ago. I was once very active in it and (brag) am a Distinguished Member. Anyway they have a political arena and I mean ARENA. Enter at your own risk. Technically you are not supposed to get personal and you can get in trouble if you do. However your opinions, theories, facts are subject to being torn to pieces without quarter.

This young man posted up a theory that the other nations of the world should join the USA to create a United States of Earth. That inself is not a bad idea at all if rather idealistic. However, the USA being the greatest nation in the world with the only proper government should be the head or leader or something like that. Now SP, the site, is owned by a Slovokian and has a lot of Brits on it and some Ozzies (love that word) at least one person from New zealand and people from other European countries on it. Oh dear I forgot Canada. Some other countries are represented at least from time to time. So the idea didn't go over too well. Then to add injury to insult he posted some quite questionable things about Europe and Europeans. Some bluntly inaccurate showing that he knew even less about European politics and thinking than I do. I at least make an effort to understand our cousins. He completely misinterpreted some of my posts. I am now not only a racist but I am a Lefttest. Cara has said he is a leftest or something to that effect I am not.
ON the thread I referred to being a moderate which actually isn't right either. Nothing moderate about me. I am a fiscal conservative, believe in small government and in the rights of the individual to make his or her own choices, mistakes etc. However I consider it my responsibility to let our somewhat annoyed European friends know that not every one in the USA is quite os ignorant or at the very least admit I am ignorant and will they please explain their point of view and I have also disagreed with some of blanket comments he made about the USA he, AD, is a bit annoyed with me. I did tell him that getting personal was against he site's rules and to PM me. So far no PM. Kid is smarter than I thought. I also am beginning to think there is hope for him because he has started to actually respond to peoples, a few and selected, comments and to reword what he is saying.

However methinks that with a wee bit of help from me the Thread is degenerating into a Comedy of Terrors er Errors. I have also enjoyed the thread because I can post there what I would have liked to post somewhere else. Very therapeutic I really should thank AD.

Back to Mr. K: I love what you wrote. Good job Mr. K.
Post  by Sponsored content

Nakia's Babblings

Page 5 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Belle Sakura Saloon :: From Zane Grey's Desk :: The Belle Sakura Saloon Blog Thingy-
Jump to: