Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Nakia's Babblings - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Nakia's Babblings - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Nakia's Babblings - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Nakia's Babblings - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Nakia's Babblings - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Nakia's Babblings - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Nakia's Babblings - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Nakia's Babblings - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Nakia's Babblings - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Nakia's Babblings - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Nakia's Babblings - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Nakia's Babblings - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Nakia's Babblings

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

Nakia's Babblings - Page 12 Empty
PostNakia's Babblings

Hi y'all,

This will just be a rambling blog where I post up what ever is on my mind. Similar to a status report. You know "the weather is terrible". Whatever is on my mind...

Last edited by Nakia the Rogue on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Nakia's Babblings :: Comments

Nakia the Rogue
Re: Nakia's Babblings
Post Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:21 pm by Nakia the Rogue
Just had a really fun incident. I forgot to build a fisherman's hut and we ran out of food. I had a riot on my hands. Torches and pitch forks with men and woman going through the streets threatening to burn down things. I got the hut built and food so nothing bad happened. No screenshot, this deserved a video. Once I am more comfortable with the Anno 1404 controls I may do it on purpose and video it. Marvelous.
Nakia the Rogue
Post Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:57 am by Nakia the Rogue
Update - Installed Windows 10 and love it mostly. Am still getting used to it but it is much easier for mw to work with. Finally after how many years,forty?, a Windows I like.The computer is running better, faster and a problem I was having got fixed with the installation.

Also got Grand Ages, Medeival. Interesting game, I tried the campaign but got stuck on the first scenario. Was instructed to build a business, did so nothing, tried again same thing. Gave up and went to free play. Normal is the easiest difficulty mode. Bandits are ridiculous. Hordes of them. The games is a bit like Enchantress and reminds me of a game I played years ago and can't remember the name. Is it worth buying? If you can get it on sale. There is also a multiplayer mode.

again I do not care for the camera choices. I do not understand why devs make games with detail but won't let you get close to really see it. They do have an option for adjusting the Interface though so that is good.

Currently I am in France, Paris to be specific. Doesn't look very much like Paris but then it is the eleventh century. No matter how much money I start with I keep going banrupt. Have been trying different approaches.

In my opinion the tutorial stinks but I understand the campaign is the actual tutorial. There was a patch yesterday so manybe they fixed the problem that I had.
Blood Red Eagle
Post Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:02 am by Blood Red Eagle
Good to hearing you are enjoying Win10, grandma. Make sure to disable all the privacy-related stuff, and you will be golden, and double-check if your antivirus plays nice with 10, AVG didn't like it when I transitioned and stopped working. Uninstalled it, Windows Defender is your all-in-one stop for antivirus, firewall and antimalware.

XP was great, 7 was better, 10 is easily the best so far. I originally wanted to go back to 7, but after more than two months 10 has grown on me and there is no going back. It's silky smooth and better for gaming than even the mighty 7 was.

It's weird for me to be singing the praises of MS, but they really got their shite together and pulled out a diamond out of their hat.
Carabas
Post Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:31 am by Carabas
Except for all the privacy stuff... I hope you've deactivated as many options as possible Nakia.

Grand Ages Medieval looks interesting on paper but knowing Kalypso games I have serious misgivings. It doesn't look even remotely accurate and the price tag seems a bit expensive IMHO. I'm looking forward to reading what you'll have to say about the gameplay though. Smile
Nakia the Rogue
Post Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:57 am by Nakia the Rogue
Forty USD is not a bad price for a major game. I got a six dollar discount. However due to the IMO unbalanced combat the game just isn't worth the price. There is no strategy involved with combat it is automatic. All you can do is throw in more troops. I like the setting up cities and getting trade going but absolutely hate the combat. Because of that I don't think I can recommend the game even on sale.
A message does come out suggesting you check the guide ofr battles with animals but I couldn't find the information.

Right now I am in Russia. Moscow seems to be on the border. ??? Sure in the eleventh century country borders wouldn't be the same as now but Moscow on the border does not seem right to me.
Blood Red Eagle
Post Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:01 am by Blood Red Eagle
Russia? Damn, if I had more cash to spare I would have asked you to bring me back one of those Ritmix phones, could have used another oddity in my collection!
Carabas
Post Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:59 am by Carabas
Skorponok wrote:
Russia? Damn, if I had more cash to spare I would have asked you to bring me back one of those Ritmix phones, could have used another oddity in my collection!

Nakia is playing Grand Ages Medieval, she is not in Russia in real life. Wink

Nakia the Rogue wrote:
Forty USD is not a bad price for a major game.

It's not but over here we're being charged 50 USD for the privilege (it's a shame considering Kalypso is a German publisher).

I'm sorry the game doesn't live up to your expectations but everything I've read on the net so far tells me it's currently unbalanced so maybe (and I say maybe) they will fix that. It looks like this game is not meant to be true to history though.
Blood Red Eagle
Post Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:25 am by Blood Red Eagle
Whoops Laughing Hail the leaf Nakia's Babblings - Page 12 378542
Sue77
Post Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:53 pm by Sue77
Ahh! Cara burst the bubble. I loved your comment - it gave me a good chuckle after a couple of difficult weeks - but I did reckon you were high at the time of posting. Very Happy

cat
Blood Red Eagle
Post Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:29 am by Blood Red Eagle
What can I say, I am a VIP of Air Durban Nakia's Babblings - Page 12 378542

Good to hear my being a twat cracked you up though!
Nakia the Rogue
Post Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:09 am by Nakia the Rogue
Don't think events are historically correct and at first I was surprised there was no Hungry but then I think Hungry had not developed as a country in the eleventh century. I have some vague recollection that the Free Cities were developing then with guilds.

I did have hopes for the game. Grand Ages Rome enhanced wasn't bad. Maybe in ten years they will enhance this game. Doubt I will be playing games by then but who knows.

Skorp is always good for a chuckle but neath that cynical attitude lies a puddle of sense. Smile

As for Windows 10 not sure I have everything turned off. I did find out that I have to give certain apps permission to use my location. That's good isn't it? I think my firewall is hokay. The machine runs much better with W10. HP support assistant keeps telling me I need to go to HP support products but I don't see why I should buy something if I am not having troubles.
Carabas
Post Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:58 am by Carabas
HP stuff always do that.

You can (and probably should) change privacy options in the control panel. Location is only useful if you use the weather app, if you don't I can't think of any reason you'd want to turn it on (in any case your IP address gives away your location anyway unless you're using a proxy).

I tend to get paranoid because I think MS is collecting too much data on everyone.

Google did get a slap on the wrist over here for being in violation of French law and I sincerely hope we'll get our way because the US way of dealing with online privacy is appalling. I have misgivings and I doubt we'll be able to enforce our laws (unfortunately our institutions have a hard time keeping up) but that nonsense has to be curbed if we don't want to end up stuck in a nightmarish world.

Things are getting worse even as I type these words. A few years ago you could get off the grid but these days it is impossible to live without the internet. They made it so that we can't even pay taxes without being connected.

I can see the good things the internet can bring us but I'm wary of all that 1984 bullshit (pardon my French).
Blood Red Eagle
Post Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:09 pm by Blood Red Eagle
Disable EVERYTHING just to be safe, and 86 live tiles as well, just to be on the safe side.

Google and MS are the worst when it comes to data mining.

But back to Win10, they're working on a way to cram Win10 on Android hardware, which would be an absolutely amazing for one who depises Android. Hell, even the once mighty BlackBerry have sold their soul to make a bloody Android abomination. They'll have to pry my Z10/Q5 from my cold, dead hands and I'll gladly get another Xiaomi if I means being able to run Win10.

A puddle of sense? Laughing There is a brilliant mind hiding behind that hate and cynism, I just choose not to show it, nothing beats surprising an opponent who underestimates me Nakia's Babblings - Page 12 197373
Carabas
Post Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:46 pm by Carabas
Better safe than sorry, that's for sure. I've disabled as many options as possible and I'm afraid it's still not enough for me to be really happy about MS.
Nakia the Rogue
Post Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:40 am by Nakia the Rogue
Nakia's Babblings - Page 12 41204 Nakia's Babblings - Page 12 741682 Nakia's Babblings - Page 12 562519 Nakia's Babblings - Page 12 58340 Nakia's Babblings - Page 12 3686606283

I found this video interesting although I have no idea how accurate it is.  Some of what they say makes sense to me.

The Romans fought to win.  No matter what action that meant.
Maniple commanders and Centurions were expected to use their brains which gave the Romans flexibility.
Carabas
Post Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:31 pm by Carabas
I should really start playing Rome Total War 2 again.

Great video Nakia (as usual). Thanks. Smile
Nakia the Rogue
Post Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:45 pm by Nakia the Rogue
Actually I think the Romans learned from Hannibal. They tried the packed frontal tank like attack on him with at least double his numbers and were annihilated. We learn best from our mistakes. Smile
Nakia the Rogue
Post Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:54 am by Nakia the Rogue
Here is a screenshot of a town with a castle.Nakia's Babblings - Page 12 E573F77D139043C79FDE184430FF529361BA751C
Carabas
Post Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:24 am by Carabas
Did you build the town? It looks pretty good. Smile
Nakia the Rogue
Post Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:57 am by Nakia the Rogue
No, I choose the buildings and upgrades but the game engine actually builds the town. Looks pretty nice, yes?
I know I keep posting negatives but there is a lot of good things about the game. I think they intend to rebalance the combat at least shorten the time each fight takes. It is a strategy game. I do the trade a bit differently from what people suggest. I limit the number of carts a trader has to four and have had them assigned to as many as ten cities. That is a much much but if they are close together or cities you have to go back over to het back to your starting city it seems to work. So it is a game you can play your own way.

Having some computer problems. Be back later.
Carabas
Post Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:31 am by Carabas
Hopefully nothing too serious.

The game is getting some praise for its trading system but everything else seems to be criticized quite a bit. Still the most important thing is whether you're having fun or not and it seems like you do. Wink
Nakia the Rogue
Post Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:01 pm by Nakia the Rogue
I find it challenging and interesting until the military aspect gets to me then I quite and try another scenario. Even if you do the same area each game is slightly different.; If they would just fix the military part I think it would be a great game.

IMO if they wanted to make it a military game they should have made soldiers less expensive. Even at low levels you need troops to fight the bandits and animals that menace your traders and villages. The civilians don't fight and if you have some tough bandits menacing the roads you can lose money very fast. As for military alliances they can pop up very quickly before you are ready for them. I don't like to rush a game.

Hopefully they will do some rebalancing.
Nakia the Rogue
Post Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:55 pm by Nakia the Rogue
I ran across this interesting video from PBS which discusses the first people in the Americas.  It is recent and although the Americas were the last continents settled by humans they may have been earlier than was thought.

Nakia the Rogue
Post Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:50 am by Nakia the Rogue
Based on something I heard on TV today I need to do some clarification at least for myself. It is the way we in the USA are using thew word Muslim.

Muslim means a believer in and practitioner of the Islamic religion. A Christian or secularist Arab, Turk, Egyptian, is not a Muslim. To call them Muslims is incorrect. If I were to become a believer in and practitioner of the Islamic religion I would be a Muslim or rather the female version of the word. This despite my lineage of primarily European.

Is this important? I think so as it shows how little we know or understand about the religion and the peoples of the Middle East. We need to broaden our education.
Carabas
Post Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:06 am by Carabas
Egyptians are Arabs, Turks are Turkish, Iranians are Persians. Then there are Kurds, Armenians and many other ethnic groups.

Arabs are mostly Muslims but the most populated Muslim country is Indonesia.

There are Jewish Arabs and also Christian Arabs.

Allah is just the Arabic word for God so an Arab speaking Christian will pray to Allah.

Muslims believe in Abraham, Moses, Jesus and other prophets from the Scriptures.

A Muslim won't eat pork or drink alcohol. There is a certain way animals should be slaughtered which is similar to what the Jews do. It is permitted to eat Kosher.

Orthodox Muslims don't have a clergy, imams are preaching scholars, not priests.

Divorce is allowed. Men can have several wives although the majority don't and most Muslim countries limit this number.

People in the Middle East don't necessarily look like people in the South of the Arab peninsula. It's possible to meet Arabs with blue eyes and fair skin (even blond hair) and Arabs who look like Africans. You can also find red headed people.

People always talk about the US being a melting pot but the Middle East has been one for thousands of years.
Post  by Sponsored content

Nakia's Babblings

Page 12 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Belle Sakura Saloon :: From Zane Grey's Desk :: The Belle Sakura Saloon Blog Thingy-
Jump to: