Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Phone upgrade time! I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Phone upgrade time! I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Phone upgrade time! I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Phone upgrade time! I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Phone upgrade time! I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Phone upgrade time! I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Phone upgrade time! I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Phone upgrade time! I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Phone upgrade time! I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Phone upgrade time! I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Phone upgrade time! I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Phone upgrade time! I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Phone upgrade time!

Go down 
+2
Carabas
Trip
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Trip
Psycho Princess
Trip

Phone upgrade time! Empty
PostSubject: Phone upgrade time!   Phone upgrade time! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 11:02 am

My mobile contract is up next month so I'll be due an upgraded handset. A lot of the time I don't bother with upgrades but I'm now using my phone to do a lot of work on so it'll be handy to get something a bit more up to date.

I've currently got a HTC Desire HD so it has a nice big screen and is really easy to use.

A few people have said a Samsung Galaxy S3 would be good.

Any thoughts anyone?

Last edited by Silvery on Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Phone upgrade time!   Phone upgrade time! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 3:05 pm

And by anyone I imagine you mean Skorp the most knowledgeable phone expert this side of the galaxy. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Trip
Psycho Princess
Trip

PostSubject: Re: Phone upgrade time!   Phone upgrade time! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 6:36 pm

No, I really did mean any one. Skorp might as well be speaking a foreign language when he gets going about phones!
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Phone upgrade time!   Phone upgrade time! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 6:47 pm

I'm pretty sure he can translate for us Sil. Smile

As for me I'm sticking to my old Nokia as long as I can. New phones are filled with things I don't need or don't want to use. I'm old fashioned that way. Phone upgrade time! 47717
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Trip
Psycho Princess
Trip

PostSubject: Re: Phone upgrade time!   Phone upgrade time! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 7:24 pm

I'd love to have stuck with one of the old ones but I'm out and about too much and it's become a necessity as my chocolate business is mostly on line
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Phone upgrade time!   Phone upgrade time! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 8:14 pm

If you REALLY want to stick to Android (pfeh! *spit!*) the Galaxy S4 will be out in less than a month so might be worth holding out.

The HTC One has been getting good reviews as well, but I am REALLY not fond of both Android AND HTC's custom User Interface... though I must admit the One is a pretty damn nice looking phone.

My personal choice, for what it's worth, is Windows Phone. I have a Nokia Lumia 800, and I will just say this -- the platform is rock-solid. My phone runs 24/7, and in six months with my Lumia, it froze three times, and after a quick reset it kept chugging on like a champ as if nothing happened.

There are entry-level, mid-range and higher-range Windows Phone models. If you can get the Lumia 920, it is the most successful Lumia model so far. I know O2 have the 720 and the 520.

The BlackBerry Z10 is also pretty damn solid. I had a chance to test one at a Telus store, and let me put it this way -- if BlackBerry 10 had came out when it was time for me to renew, I would have gotten a Z10 instead of a Windows Phone. I do not regret my choice, but I have been a longtime BlackBerry loyalist and it is good to see BlackBerry rising from their ashes. The Q10, which is a BlackBerry Z10 with a physical keyboard is also coming out shortly.

To wrap things up, it all depends on what you need/prefer.
Back to top Go down
Trip
Psycho Princess
Trip

PostSubject: Re: Phone upgrade time!   Phone upgrade time! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 8:20 pm

Cheers love. The S4 will be pretty expensive and I can probably get a free handset with my contract so that's why I thought about the S3. Can't afford to shell out right now!
I'll let you know what I get when the time comes and then you can tell me I'm a divvy Wink
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Phone upgrade time!   Phone upgrade time! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 8:28 pm

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions or want my opinion on a perticular phone. Always a pleasure for you, handsome. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Trip
Psycho Princess
Trip

PostSubject: Re: Phone upgrade time!   Phone upgrade time! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 8:58 pm

Ta chicky-do
Back to top Go down
analog_relic
Visitor
analog_relic

PostSubject: Re: Phone upgrade time!   Phone upgrade time! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 5:58 am

Hi Silvery. I have a galaxy s3 and I can recommend it. Like you, I get a handset free as part of my contract and I chose the s3 mostly because my GP has one and I played around with it and liked it. Easy to use and does everything you need a phone to do and more.

Cheers from AR.
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Phone upgrade time!   Phone upgrade time! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 6:27 am

So does Windows Phone. And Sailfish. And the upcoming Firefox OS phones.

I find the GS3 too ridiculously big and supremely overrated. Android isn't that great either.
Back to top Go down
Trip
Psycho Princess
Trip

PostSubject: Re: Phone upgrade time!   Phone upgrade time! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 10:00 am

I like big phones. I can't be doing with these little tiny things that you have to squint at!
Plus I know how Android works. Took me 6 months to figure it out so I really don't want the bother of figuring out another OS
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Phone upgrade time!   Phone upgrade time! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 6:36 pm

Windows Phone's tile interface is much, much more intuitive. On the first page, everything frequentely used is there (SMS, phone, music, and a crapload of games in my case), just swipe right and there's your full menu. Pin everything you want on the first menu, resize the tiles to bigger or smaller, shuffle them around, everything needed is in that menu.

The platform is also ridiculously stable. I've had my Lumia for 7 months now, and it froze three times, and that was a bug in the music player fixed with the updated firmware. It runs 24/7 and never crashes or slows down.

Sure, the new Android builds have dramatically improved in terms of stability, but I still find the platform grossly overrated.

As for size, I can understand why someone would prefer a larger screen phone. But 5 inches and more, that's just too ridiculous. Samsung are playing troll and releasing the Galaxy Mega, with a bloody 6.3 inches screen!

The Lumia 920 has a 4.5 inches screen, and IMO it's more than enough. But to everyone their own.

I'll tell you what, I will do a video tour of my Lumia tobetter show Windows Phone.
Back to top Go down
Trip
Psycho Princess
Trip

PostSubject: Re: Phone upgrade time!   Phone upgrade time! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 7:01 pm

I've seen Windows phones before and I just don't like 'em.

I'd be happy if my mobile was about the size of an ipad, I'm HOPELESS with touch screens so the bigger the better!
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Phone upgrade time!   Phone upgrade time! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 12:29 am

You might want to wait for the Galaxy Mega in this case. It will be offered in two versions, 5.8 and 6.3 inches. It is basically a bigger Galaxy Note/Note 2.
Back to top Go down
Trip
Psycho Princess
Trip

PostSubject: Re: Phone upgrade time!   Phone upgrade time! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 8:43 am

I've never heard of that! Sounds good though
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Phone upgrade time!   Phone upgrade time! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 2:31 am

The Galaxy Note and Note 2 are hybrids between a smartphone and a tabled, they're called "phablets". They are smartphones, but with the larger screen size of a tablet. The Galaxy Mega 6.3 is by far the biggest phablet. I think a screen of this size is a ridiculous and absolute overkill, but to each their own.
Back to top Go down
Trip
Psycho Princess
Trip

PostSubject: Re: Phone upgrade time!   Phone upgrade time! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 10:39 am

See, I like that already because it says fab...just like me Wink
Back to top Go down
Trip
Psycho Princess
Trip

PostSubject: Re: Phone upgrade time!   Phone upgrade time! I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 8:39 pm

Phone upgrade time! HA3D09EAE
Back to top Go down
Sue77
Enlightened Viewer
Sue77

PostSubject: Re: Phone upgrade time!   Phone upgrade time! I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 9:40 pm

Fab! I love it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Phone upgrade time!   Phone upgrade time! I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 10:14 pm

That's not a Droid, that's a poisonous, rotten apple! :barf:
Back to top Go down
Lndf117
Spam Watch Sheriff
Lndf117

PostSubject: Re: Phone upgrade time!   Phone upgrade time! I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 12:05 am

haha. Poisonous?
Back to top Go down
Trip
Psycho Princess
Trip

PostSubject: Re: Phone upgrade time!   Phone upgrade time! I_icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 9:36 am

Skorponok wrote:
That's not a Droid, that's a poisonous, rotten apple! :barf:

I think that's why it says 'This is *not* the droid you're looking for' ....
Back to top Go down
Trip
Psycho Princess
Trip

PostSubject: Re: Phone upgrade time!   Phone upgrade time! I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 5:53 pm

OK, I got my new phone today. I was very hungover so picked the one that looked the nicest Laughing (Don't yell at me Skorp!).

I went for a HTC One SV. I don't know what that means but it's shiny. Plus I already know how to use a HTC
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Phone upgrade time!   Phone upgrade time! I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 6:21 pm

That's a fine choice, Sil. Kind of surprised because you said you liked bigger touch screens, but it's a fine choice nontheless. Screen size of your new phone is identical to my Lumia 800, funny enough.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Phone upgrade time!   Phone upgrade time! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Phone upgrade time!
Page 1 of 1