Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
How the ES series has and has NOT dumbed down.  I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
How the ES series has and has NOT dumbed down.  I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
How the ES series has and has NOT dumbed down.  I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
How the ES series has and has NOT dumbed down.  I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
How the ES series has and has NOT dumbed down.  I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
How the ES series has and has NOT dumbed down.  I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
How the ES series has and has NOT dumbed down.  I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
How the ES series has and has NOT dumbed down.  I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
How the ES series has and has NOT dumbed down.  I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
How the ES series has and has NOT dumbed down.  I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
How the ES series has and has NOT dumbed down.  I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
How the ES series has and has NOT dumbed down.  I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

How the ES series has and has NOT dumbed down.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
simfamSP
Visitor
simfamSP

How the ES series has and has NOT dumbed down.  Empty
PostSubject: How the ES series has and has NOT dumbed down.    How the ES series has and has NOT dumbed down.  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 4:33 pm

Interesting videos with brilliant commentary.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/simfamSP?feature=mhum#p/c/D00A751812
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

How the ES series has and has NOT dumbed down.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: How the ES series has and has NOT dumbed down.    How the ES series has and has NOT dumbed down.  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 5:47 pm

He has good points. However I started with Oblivion and complained about it to a friend who was a Morrowind fan. He presuaded me to get Morrowind. I loved it. Sure it wasn't perfect but what game is? I then went back to Oblivion and with mods learned to love that game but only with mods.

I think the the thing I dislike most about Oblivion and Skyrim is that you can do everything, be everything. Skyrim very slightly improves that with some quest options. Morrowind wasn't perfect in that area either as you could join both religious groups but there was some conflict between the factions.

In Skyrim I just do not feel that being Dragonborn is really important. I have never been able to play that quest line seriously. I love the open world being explore wherever you wish. The constant need for patching that sometimes brought as much as it fixed didn't help because it messed up the modders. I would install a mod only to have it broken with the next patch. The main thing I didn't like with the voice acting was I expected more variation. Many more VAers were used and yet the still sounded the same to me. The use of so called Standard American accent was boring. Considering the variety of accents we have in this country I do not understand why they couldn't find people who had various accents.

He does an excellent job in my opinion with the Third video and the actual dumping down.

Thank you, Sim, for posting this.
Back to top Go down

How the ES series has and has NOT dumbed down.
Page 1 of 1