Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
New Vegas -- my thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
New Vegas -- my thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
New Vegas -- my thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
New Vegas -- my thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
New Vegas -- my thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
New Vegas -- my thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
New Vegas -- my thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
New Vegas -- my thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
New Vegas -- my thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
New Vegas -- my thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
New Vegas -- my thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
New Vegas -- my thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

New Vegas -- my thoughts

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Kana
Catnip Purveyor
Kana

New Vegas -- my thoughts - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Vegas -- my thoughts   New Vegas -- my thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 3:57 am

Thank you for letting us know about Niner.  I just finished his quests, and he's become my favorite companion mod.  It's like Fear and Loathing in New Vegas.  My current character is a junkie who is having a ball in Vegas with Niner.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas -- my thoughts   New Vegas -- my thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 11:50 am

They look good together. Smile

I've had a blast with Niner and my only regret is that his quest wasn't longer. Fear and loathing in New Vegas is a great way to sum up a walkthrough with this follower.
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Kana
Catnip Purveyor
Kana

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas -- my thoughts   New Vegas -- my thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 9:58 pm

Apparently, the author is working on a big update with new content. I would like to be able to talk with him about the main quest, so hopefully some of that will be included.

My Niner looks different from the original because I'm using the Fallout Character Overhaul, which replaces the default meshes and textures with more realistic looking ones. I'm also using a smokeable cigarette mod, and my character is addicted to alcohol, nicotine and jet. Naturally, she won't be siding with the Legion.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas -- my thoughts   New Vegas -- my thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 12:58 pm

I really like the Fallout Character Overhaul because after hundreds of hours playing FNV it brings back some novelty to the faces. I do feel that Sunny Smiles doesn't look as cute as she did but that's entirely subjective.

I did side with the Legion once and it's a credit to the writing that they managed to put some moral ambiguity and depth in what could have been reduced to a bunch of psychos in skirts. Despite its limitations the NCR is still a better choice for a female character no matter what.

I still miss the way drugs worked in the old Fallouts. Jet used to be some of the most dangerously addictive substance known to man (loved the talk on that subject with Myron). In FNV jet is just a joke and addiction can be cured with one shot.
Back to top Go down
Kana
Catnip Purveyor
Kana

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas -- my thoughts   New Vegas -- my thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 12:06 am

I actually did play a female Legion character, but I played her as a brainwashed frumentarius sent to infiltrate the NCR.  The Manchurian candidate, basically.  A female agent would basically be above suspicion, so I figured it would be a smart move by Caesar.

The interesting thing about that character is that I did so many missions for the NCR to maintain cover, that I ended the game with very high karma.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas -- my thoughts   New Vegas -- my thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 7:34 am

That's a pretty cool idea and I like that. I didn't think about it before but it would make a lot of sense and that would be exactly the sort of devious trick Caesar could conceive in his twisted sick brain of his.

Well, when it comes to karma FNV is a total mess. I've actually disabled everything karma related because it didn't make a lick of sense. You could go all Robin Hood and get an abysmal karma because you stole from Powder Gangers (but didn't slaughter them) and you could go for a psycho cannibal who would butcher the Powder Gangers and end up with a positive karma because you didn't actually steal from them.

I get that stealing supplies from survivors would doom them to a slow unforgiving death but you should get a hit if the owners are dead. Karma should be quest related or triggered by choosing some dialogue options. Besides the whole thing about killing people and getting positive or negative karma wasn't perfect in the original Fallouts (the child killer perk for killing innocents of the wastes did work pretty well and kept the player on his toes) but it wasn't completely broken like in FNV.

Sorry for ranting but as much as I like FNV there are still things that they didn't get right karma being one of them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Vegas -- my thoughts   New Vegas -- my thoughts - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Vegas -- my thoughts
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2