Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Last Passenger - Film Review I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Last Passenger - Film Review I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Last Passenger - Film Review I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Last Passenger - Film Review I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Last Passenger - Film Review I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Last Passenger - Film Review I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Last Passenger - Film Review I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Last Passenger - Film Review I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Last Passenger - Film Review I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Last Passenger - Film Review I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Last Passenger - Film Review I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Last Passenger - Film Review I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Last Passenger - Film Review

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sue77
Enlightened Viewer
Sue77

Last Passenger - Film Review Empty
PostSubject: Last Passenger - Film Review   Last Passenger - Film Review I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 10:19 am

This low budget British action movie is the first film directed by Omid Nooshin. It’s something of a mixed bag, but I suspect the good aspects might get lost in the general negativity that surrounds the entire concept of a ‘British’ action film. Last Passenger isn’t a Hollywood blockbuster and at no point pretends to be, so in relation to many action films, this one has a low key, internal atmosphere. However, I felt this was the intention of the director as almost every external event; for instance the attempts of the police to assist those trapped on the train, is viewed through the windows by the passengers. Consequently, the majority of Last Passenger is shot from inside the train.

The four carriages used were supported hydraulically to reproduce the movement of a train and, for the most part, this is very successful. There were only odd moments where I expected the carriage and the passengers to be moving more than they actually were. Still, this hydraulic movement added tension as the story unfolded. It worked as a device that drew the viewer into the confines of the carriage and added to the sense of speed. Also, the level of detail in respect of the mechanics of a train worked well.

The actors did a good job with what I felt was an average script. It contained no surprises, stereotypes and felt a little forced in places. However, each of the main performers had a moment where they excelled and made the script more than the sum of its entirety. Lindsay Duncan in particular was noteworthy at one point. It takes time for the individual characters to become established, after which the pace of the film accelerates. Once underway, the main thrust of the film is a fight for survival on a speeding train, but the pathway up to this juncture is about as far removed from a blockbuster as you can get. There is something refreshingly old fashioned and yes, British, about the whole affair.

One aspect I felt was excellent was the original score. My only critique here would be it overwhelmed the action at times, but as an original piece of music - super. In addition, it added to the feeling Last Passenger was harking back to an older style. Another aspect I felt was surprisingly good was the special effects.

So over all this film is worth a watch. It’s enjoyable, has its moments, good special effects and a film score that works with the ethos of the movie. As first films go, this is a sterling effort.
Back to top Go down
Triactus
Emperor
Triactus

Last Passenger - Film Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Passenger - Film Review   Last Passenger - Film Review I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 1:05 pm

Thanks for the review Sue. I might check it out!
Back to top Go down

Last Passenger - Film Review
Page 1 of 1