Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Mystery Story Computer Games I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Mystery Story Computer Games I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Mystery Story Computer Games I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Mystery Story Computer Games I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Mystery Story Computer Games I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Mystery Story Computer Games I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Mystery Story Computer Games I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Mystery Story Computer Games I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Mystery Story Computer Games I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Mystery Story Computer Games I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Mystery Story Computer Games I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Mystery Story Computer Games I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Mystery Story Computer Games

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

Mystery Story Computer Games Empty
PostSubject: Mystery Story Computer Games   Mystery Story Computer Games I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 10:02 pm

jez brought this to my mind with a passing mention of the Nancy Drew Mystery story computer games. Nancy Drew is a character created in 1026 by a man. (would have to look this up) She is 16 years old, brilliant, a super woman at least mentally, her father is a lawyer and they are wealthy. The stories actually didn't get properly published until the 30's. I was introduced to them at a young age and they influenced as they influenced many other young girls and women. Here was a girl who was brilliant, rather a super woman intellectually. She was the equal of men in a very chauvinistic age, capable, strong, intelligent, successful . Over the years her character has evolved and many writers have contributed to the series. I am not familiar with the computer game and not sure that I would enjoy the game but who knows?

Does anyone have information regarding really good computer mystery games? Ones that challenge you intellectually? I am no longer concerned with gender since I was brought up to know that I am in my own way the equal of any man. I can play male or female with equal ease (except in oblivion for some reason). What does interest me is the intellectual challenge.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Story Computer Games   Mystery Story Computer Games I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 1:28 am

The Broken Swords series comes to mind. I played Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars and Broken Sword II: The Smoking Mirror and I really liked them. Funny games that also required thinking and included some very good dialogues and voices. It looked pretty good at the time (late 90s) someting like animated cartoons. The story was pretty good: mysteries, clowns, Aztec pyramids, medieval knights, American tourists, difficult goats... In one word, adventure! Mystery Story Computer Games 438168
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Story Computer Games   Mystery Story Computer Games I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 1:34 am

In the horror/psychological vein, Phantasmagoria is a superb game. I've only played the second game called "A Puzzle of Flesh", and this game had me stuck and scratching my head more than once, all while watching the story progress. It features video cutscenes, which is awesome. Shadowgate on the NES is also one fucking hard game, though I doubt the NES is your thing, Nak.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Story Computer Games   Mystery Story Computer Games I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 1:49 am

Laughing Sounds good. To bad it is so old. As you said elsewhere the modern games may have better graphics and technology but they have lost the fun and charm of the earlier less commercial driven games. Half the fun of BG I & II was the dialogue between party members.

Have we become so technological oriented that we are losing what is good about humanity?f

I sit here staring at a screen trying to communicate with other humans but sometimes I forget they are humans. Forget that I am dealing with people like myself who have their own problems, concerns, interests, priorities.

"Thank you, TON, but why is NES not my thing? I would love to hear/see the reason. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jezdamayel
Janitor
Jezdamayel

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Story Computer Games   Mystery Story Computer Games I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 2:24 am

i cant beat the Drew games.. -_- they are too hard!! they give no help and my notebook sucks.as for me i loved the Sherlock Holmes game i have and another game called. Evidence.
THAT was a hard ass game!!! it is a awesome game where it emails you.. with info. you are a friend of a girl went missing and you are trying to find her and the cop is helping you by sending things. it was cool.(live action and all that) i had to look some of the stuff up. i cant translate dantes inferno( i think that is what it was).. what the hell -_- it was a fun mind(thinking) game where the "mini games" where as hard as hell and some of them made you over think them thus getting it wrong. i got over half done before the new pc last year so i just used a walk through to get to the end ^___^ if that game does not make you think nothing will. i remember feeling so proud when i got a answer right ^____^ a few parts you where to look things up find special web sites and all that. SO COOL!!!!

there is a new game i would like called Amnesia. its more like a survival game. SCARY!!
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/jezdamayel/
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Story Computer Games   Mystery Story Computer Games I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 5:17 am

Well, Nak, I always assumed you were more the PC gamer type. Classic games are awesome, better graphics don't make for a better game. Take my beloved Warriors of The Eternal on Genesis, for example, it's not impressive graphically but this game always kept me on the edge of my seat, especially since I was playing it when I was like 8 years old. The NES has a strong library of good titles, I like the Zelda games on the NES, the Mario games as well, I also like the Sonic games on both the Master System and Genesis/MegaDrive.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Story Computer Games   Mystery Story Computer Games I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 7:08 am

I play PC games because I studyied computers, worked with in business and finally got a home computer. Computers started as a bsiness not a pleasure. It just so happened that I feel in love with the hardware not the software. Although I did have fun with the early DOS stuff. Lying to the computer, writing bat files when the hard drive came in and making you own menus and stuff. I am a hardware persone or at least I was. Worked with networks.

My first PC game was Betrayal at Krondor. Graphics? Flat very primitive but a wonderful game. Several other games then Baldur Gates, still in my opinion, the best CRPG written. Graphic have become important because of my eyesight but some modern graphics are hard on my eyesight. Poor contrast, small figures, a lot of flashing lights, glare or even too mutch motion. I never plyed Neverwinter nights because of the graphics and that was when I had normal bad eyesight.

Give me a good puzzle to solve and I am as happy as a cat in a cream factory.

Pure slash and bash I don't like but neither do I like watered down combat. Politically correct to me is anathema. Even in games I think people should face reality. I have very strongly held opinions most of which never get properly expressed because the are tabou A bitch is a female dog. A normal female dog behaving like a female dog behaves.

Heck this is the game room not the debating room.
Mystery Story Computer Games 72655
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Story Computer Games   Mystery Story Computer Games I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 11:56 am

Quote :
Give me a good puzzle to solve and I am as happy as a cat in a cream factory.

If you can find the Broken Swords games then you'll like them.

There is a more recent game called Syberia that you might like. It's more serious but it's all about puzzles.

I have fond memories of playing the 1997 Blade Runner game by Westwood. It was the first game to use 3D for character models and it looked quite good back then.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Story Computer Games   Mystery Story Computer Games I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 1:13 pm

In Betrayal at Krondor you had to find answers to some questions in order to help a young song writer finish a son. When finished it was sung by a wonderful tnor. To me it was the highlight of the game. A lovely ballad sung in a lovely voice. The song was sad even the ending of the game was sad but I played it over and over long after the graphics had become totally obsolute.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Story Computer Games   Mystery Story Computer Games I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 3:25 pm

I've always heard good things about Betrayal at Krondor but I never got a chance to play the game when it was released and I'm not sure I could play it now. I've tried playing Might and Magic VI The Mandate of Heaven which was a fantastic game back in 1998 and it's been rather difficult to get back into the game despite all the fond memories I have of playing it (and taking notes on scraps of paper to keep track of the quests and NPCs). Good times!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mystery Story Computer Games   Mystery Story Computer Games I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mystery Story Computer Games
Page 1 of 1