Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
The story of Silvery I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
The story of Silvery I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
The story of Silvery I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
The story of Silvery I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
The story of Silvery I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
The story of Silvery I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
The story of Silvery I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
The story of Silvery I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
The story of Silvery I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
The story of Silvery I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
The story of Silvery I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
The story of Silvery I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The story of Silvery

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Trip
Psycho Princess
Trip

The story of Silvery Empty
PostSubject: The story of Silvery   The story of Silvery I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 9:14 pm

I came over from another site. A site that used to be great. A place that was fun and interesting and full of lovely people. Unfortunately, over the past 18 months it's become more and more restrictive and when the fair Nakia asked me to come and check out her new site, I just had to come!

Anyway, the nickname came about due to a very drunken night in a club. I was with a bunch of friends and one of the girls with us was so drunk that she forgot everyones name. She ended up introducing us to dome other friends as 'Talley' 'Blondey' and Silvery. The other names didn't stick but Silvery did. It's a name I've used for a lot of things.
As a teenager I did a lot of stage work and was briefly a comedy writer (I was normally the straight guy, I'm not really that funny...apart from my face) and performer and it was a name to hide behind.
I don't have the nicest of pasts and do suddenly drop bits of it into conversation without thinking so if I go off on a tangent then just ignore me Very Happy

That's pretty much it, if you want to know anything else then just ask Razz
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The story of Silvery   The story of Silvery I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 11:06 pm

The story of Silvery 422316 Silvery, to the wild and wacky world of Belle Sakura Saloon. We could use you in our Voice Actors forums as both a writer and a Voice actress.

The story of Silvery 237693 Rogue
Back to top Go down
Trip
Psycho Princess
Trip

PostSubject: Re: The story of Silvery   The story of Silvery I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 11:48 pm

I have no problem with writing. I worry about acting now though. With my hearing I get worried that I'm missing bits of words out Sad
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The story of Silvery   The story of Silvery I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 12:03 am

I have ringing in the ear and some loss of hearing my self. If you can afford a good headset it helps. I got the Skullcandy ones. A bit expensive. I got the collegiate series which was the cheapest. Paid about 60 USD with tax. They are great. Don't get the ear plugs but the ones that cover the ears.

Writing we can use that's for sure.

The story of Silvery 976761 I love these new smileys Cara found.
Back to top Go down
Trip
Psycho Princess
Trip

PostSubject: Re: The story of Silvery   The story of Silvery I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 12:06 am

That'd work but my hearing-aid is BEHIND my ear Laughing. It doesn't workk too well with earphones Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The story of Silvery   The story of Silvery I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 12:16 am

Laughing Silvery you may be the exception then. The earplugs might work for you and they are cheaper. Ara got them because they are good for music. Don't know which ones she got. Just know the collegiate series of Skullcandy is very good.

Of course for writing you don't need to hear just inspiration.
Back to top Go down
Trip
Psycho Princess
Trip

PostSubject: Re: The story of Silvery   The story of Silvery I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 12:25 am

I better get drinking then Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The story of Silvery   The story of Silvery I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 7:22 pm

Hi Silvery and welcome Smile
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: The story of Silvery   The story of Silvery I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 9:00 pm

Interesting, I didn't knew you were deeply irritated by "that other place". I'm not going to waste more space ranting about "that other place" -- hell, I could dedicate an entire freaking topic to what pisses me off about this place. At least we broke free from the herd of sheep because we prefer thinking for ourselves instead of accepting the tyrannic, iron-fisted PG-rated tyranny. And like I said, if there's someone I'd like to found a new community with, you're part of 'em, Sil.
Back to top Go down
Triactus
Emperor
Triactus

PostSubject: Re: The story of Silvery   The story of Silvery I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 9:06 pm

Yeehawww, partner. Nice to know how your name came to be Sil. I was sure it was from the Silver Sable character. Smile
Back to top Go down
Trip
Psycho Princess
Trip

PostSubject: Re: The story of Silvery   The story of Silvery I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 9:26 pm

Awwww, fanks lads Very Happy I still go to that other site, there are a few people on there that I like and a few that I think would be great on here. However, there are a couple of people that I enjoy talking to on there that I think would be dreadful additions to this site! One in particular springs to mind.

Tri, I thought you knew where my name came from?How did you come up with yours?
Back to top Go down
Triactus
Emperor
Triactus

PostSubject: Re: The story of Silvery   The story of Silvery I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 9:36 pm

I also didn't know that you were irritated with the other site. I guess I just never ran into trouble with authority. santa

In high school, we had a brainstorm for the name of our theater group and Triactus was the name I put forth after finding it in a dictionnary (means "three acts" in latin). Nobody could agree on anything so the teacher took the choice out of our hands... Laughing After tiring of finding nicknames for websites (my choices were always taken), I tried Triactus and I guess it stuck since. Smile
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The story of Silvery   The story of Silvery I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 9:46 pm

I visited both my intimidating sites plus Dragon Captions. Actually the one site doesn't bother me but I am a refugee from North Korea (picked that up form Cara Very Happy).

Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: The story of Silvery   The story of Silvery I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 12:16 am

I can't blame you Nakia for not wanting to support a would be great leader. I hate leaders and I have a real problem with authority (that got me in trouble in real life). I would have been terrible in the army... Lucky for me I never had to serve or wear a uniform.

FYI I like that Silver Sable character, she was really bad ass (and at times even obnoxious).
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Trip
Psycho Princess
Trip

PostSubject: Re: The story of Silvery   The story of Silvery I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 12:29 am

I can do obnoxious! I'm British and my husband's an aristo you damned peasants!
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: The story of Silvery   The story of Silvery I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 12:40 am

Silvery wrote:
I can do obnoxious! I'm British and my husband's an aristo you damned peasants!

Loving it! The story of Silvery 914529

I'm going to sing a revolutionary song calling for the beheading of aristocrats then! The story of Silvery 187909
Back to top Go down
Trip
Psycho Princess
Trip

PostSubject: Re: The story of Silvery   The story of Silvery I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 12:42 am

Don't you love me anymore? Sad
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The story of Silvery   The story of Silvery I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 12:56 am

Let me see: By birth I am a Kentucky hillbilly born into the aristocracy. My Grandmother was highly educated, a journalist and writer, also a member of the WAAC which became the WA Cs. Very Happy She had a uniform but was no conformists. My grandfather was very patriotic, joined the army at 15, he was big for his age.

We had a lot of artists of various kinds in our family. Looking back I appreciate my extended family but it was sure hard to live with. I just gave up on it and at about 12 years of age decided to never grow up.

I am going out to howl loudly at the moon.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: The story of Silvery   The story of Silvery I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 1:04 am

Silvery wrote:
Don't you love me anymore? Sad

Of course! Like every prole I have a thing for aristocratic ladies. The story of Silvery 257900

Nakia the Rogue wrote:
I just gave up on it and at about 12 years of age decided to never grow up.

Smart move if you ask me. Smile
Back to top Go down
Trip
Psycho Princess
Trip

PostSubject: Re: The story of Silvery   The story of Silvery I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 1:06 am

You've done a fab job of not growing up Nakia! When we first got to know each other I thought you were taking the piss when you told me your age. I really didn't believe it!

My family is nothing special really. Came to England from Germany in the 1700's. My mothers side worked in the steel/docks industry. Not sure about my dads side.

Rob's family is much more interesting. They owened a large part of North East of England and were involved in several things like the Jocobite uprising and a lot of politics. The 'famous' ancestor in Robs family was a member of parliment and consolidated much of their hold on the area. There is even a nursery rhyme about him that was originally his campaign song. Robs family history is actually kind of interesting if you're into that stuff. There is a family tradition that means that the first boy in each generation is called Robert (Robs dad is called Bob for short, then there's Rob and Ashley's real name is Robert Ashley). Anyway, wiki has some pretty good articles on Robs family history: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Search?search=shafto&go=Go
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: The story of Silvery   The story of Silvery I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 1:16 am

Interesting indeed! Thanks for sharing this with us Silvery, this is fascinating!
Back to top Go down
Trip
Psycho Princess
Trip

PostSubject: Re: The story of Silvery   The story of Silvery I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 1:17 am

Yeah yeah, you don't have to take the piss! I'm kinda proud of it in a weird way
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: The story of Silvery   The story of Silvery I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 1:33 am

I'm not sure I'm getting your colloquialism.

I'm feeling facetious so I could point out that the name makes me think about this American masterpiece. Wink

In any case I'm serious when I say that I find such stories fascinating. I think family traditions are important and should be preserved.
Back to top Go down
Trip
Psycho Princess
Trip

PostSubject: Re: The story of Silvery   The story of Silvery I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 1:37 am

Really? Cool. I thought you were being funny (Taking the piss) about me being proud of Robs family history!
Oh...Ya Boo, sucks to you, Shafto is originally French you nugget! lol!
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: The story of Silvery   The story of Silvery I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 1:45 am

Laughing Masterpiece? Hokay. To each his own. Teilhard de Chardin's work it is not.

Tolkian it wasn't either.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The story of Silvery   The story of Silvery I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The story of Silvery
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next