Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Mod idea for Skyrim

Go down 
+3
Carabas
OldCoot46
Nakia the Rogue
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mod idea for Skyrim   Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 1:38 am

I've just noticed I've written "Mad Dog" instead of "Mad God" Embarassed
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Mod idea for Skyrim   Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 1:08 pm

Very Happy I noticed that but knew what you were talking about from dementia and mania. Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 3 511346 I loved Shivering Isles and sherogath (spelling?)

Now what does Paul think? A little botched up script about the Mad God and who is sane and who isn't. I found the MG the sanest
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Mod idea for Skyrim   Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 5:44 pm

Sheogorath and Jyggalag. Great character, twisted and fun. I almost feel like looking for Oblivion and play through Shivering Isles one last time. Madness vs Order always fun.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Mod idea for Skyrim   Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 6:48 pm

Laughing Order, everythin in its right place, all done by the rules, keep every thing neat and tidy. Madness, creative, inovative, disorderly, doing your own thing. The Golder Saints vs the Dark Seducers. Guess which I prefer.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Mod idea for Skyrim   Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 11:36 pm

Just having to choose was a great thing in and by itself. I almost feel the urge to dig up the game simply to play Shivering Isles one last time. It's a pity Oblivion doesn't support controllers, I'm used to a gamepad now and I find using a keyboard to play a game incredibly annoying.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Mod idea for Skyrim   Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 12:24 pm

Good idea as it will also refresh your memory of the interesting concepts. Maybe you could make a copy of the Accords of Sheogth or what ever they were called. I may have a hand written copy somewhere but whether I can read it or not I don't know. Wouldn't if be in the construction set?: Your Oblivion is in French, yes?

Blast, I do not want to install Oblivion if I don't need to. I wonder if Paul can make a copy? Paul or anyone?
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Mod idea for Skyrim   Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 6:08 pm

I'm pretty sure that we can find all the information online should we need it. My Oblivion is in French and it is painful to play a localized game because I keep translating everything back into English and I see all the mistakes and choices the translators made.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Mod idea for Skyrim   Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 5:03 pm

Nakia the Rogue wrote:
I love it when a plot comes together and other people do most of the work. Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 3 54846

I think it's time to revive the project so we can get the Belle Sakura dream team on trail.

We've got some weeks before the Creation Kit is here but it's never too early to consider an outline.

The first thing is to know whether this quest is going to take place in Skyrim of in a new worldspace.

I think the second option has its advantages. I'm not much of a level builder (never really tried my hand at it as I don't have that much patience but after seeing what TON can do in Minecraft I think we have the talent, it just needs to bloom). Having a new worldspace would also allow us to tamper with weather and light without bothering about modifying existing cells.

What about having a quest giver (or even better a map) that would direct the Dragonborn towards a hidden door/portal behind a waterfall?

That would fit the lost valley idea perfectly.
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Mod idea for Skyrim   Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 12:36 am

Quote :
but after seeing what TON can do in Minecraft I think we have the talent, it just needs to bloom
Designing levels for Skyrim? Hmm, I think I could definitively try that out. Interesting idea.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Mod idea for Skyrim   Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 2:42 am

I am sure you could Ton. Right now I am trying to get as much information regarding modding in TES world. I do have some experience in making building, pathing, creating unique characters.

We still need to work out the quest. How to make it possible for the Hero to survive and still have the quest ambiguous. The radiant story might make it a little easier. This choice leads to the destruction of the village, another leads to the survival of the village so forth. Even to both.

The portal could lead to a fertile valley or to an underground cavern, very large. Even both.

We have lost OldOne but I know someone else who would do the part quite well as the mayor of the village. Or Triactus. We would voices for other NPCs but we might find volunteers on The Skyrim Blog.
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Mod idea for Skyrim   Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 2:48 am

I actually have the perfect lost valley in mind. If that's all right with the rest of you, I would be THRILLED to to a lost valley inspired by Warriors of The Eternal Sun. Not a carbon copy, but something of a design nod.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Mod idea for Skyrim   Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 1:11 pm

I am not familiar with Warriors of the Eternal Sun but I am sure you could come up with something interesting. Remember this is Skyrim and although we want the climate to be milder it should reflect the Skyrim landscape. There is plenty of empty space in Skkyrim and we can place a portal in the a mountain side that is away from the beaten path but accesible to our hero.

I don't know if you intend to do buildings. We don't want the village too large as we have to make unique characters for it. A leader, smith, general store selling local goods, farms including cattle and sheep. I think there should be a carpenter. Skyrim has sawmills but as far as I know no carpenter. Mining of various ores and a smelter. Everything is provided from local resources.

I suggest you lay out the worldspace and then we can decide where, what and who.
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Mod idea for Skyrim   Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 5:48 pm

Here is a map of the WoTES valley, Nak. It is also the address of a site about this game, if you want to familiarize yourself with it.

I have been dying to do something WoTES-inspired, but in MC, the lack of a consistent, flat land poses a challenge. Put it simply... the idea of doing this build, inspired by one of the most classic Genesis RPGs, gives me a mental hard on.

Mappy

I could use this as a template. The castle, which is in the middle, could become the village (fortified, of course). There are also several other maps, including tons of caves, a swamp realm, a jungle... all of these I could port to the mod. Porting the elven realms and replicating that hugeass dungeon would be sheer pleasure for me.
I also did not had a big village in mind. Like Nakia said, wood, ores (which I could perfectly hide everywhere in the ginormous network of caves), a small village, the strict minimum.

And Nak, yes, buildings were part of the plan. Perhaps round wood house, or a house built in the ground to better conserve heat.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Mod idea for Skyrim   Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 6:16 pm

Good, TON, but this is Skyrim and although this is an enchanted valley I don't see jungles. Smile They have no contact with the outside world, there is no trade so everything is produced locally.

General store, smith, saw mill, mine maybe two, one for iron and one for silver or gold, smelter. I think we need a small tavern and brewery. Farms. Mead is made from honey and water. The brewery could be part of a place that has beehives, just a few. I am envisioning 20 to 30 adults and a few children. Mainly nords. Ten houses, Nothing fancy, simple houses for simple folk. The tavern would have no need for rooms to rent, strictly just a gathering spot for people after the days labor.

As said, I can create unique individuals then it is a matter of setting up their AI script which wasn't hard in Oblivion so I doubt it will be hard in Skyrim. A bit tedious but maybe Cara would help with that.

The surrounding mountains should look like those in Skyrim. Details are important. Players will complain if suddenly they find themselves in a foreign land. Unless we intentional go that route and warn them.
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Mod idea for Skyrim   Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 6:30 pm

The Swamp realm and the Jungle realm are downright unexpected in WoTES. I can change that and theme them after Skyrim, but this is a lost valley, anything is possible in there.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Mod idea for Skyrim   Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 6:36 pm

I really like what TON is suggesting. Smile

If it's anything like Fallout 3 then it should be possible to copy routines from NPCs and avoid doing it all from scratch.

Quote :
Players will complain if suddenly they find themselves in a foreign land. Unless we intentional go that route and warn them.

Trolls will always find reasons to complain. Make the mod for yourself and your friends and don't worry about what complete strangers are going to say.

That's what so great about mods, you don't have to please some random fools with an overgrown sense of self entitlement, bad manners, questionable hygiene and an unhealthy fetish for lore. Smile
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Mod idea for Skyrim   Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 6:59 pm

And you know, an idea just struck me -- in NWN2, the valley inhabited by the dragon spirit is lush, thick jungle. Maybe this could be the reason for the warm, thick jungle in the heart of a winter realm? Maybe we could use something along those lines, with the dungeon in the Jungle giving a clue, a quest item, a quest... each realm in WoTES serves the quest, traveling to different lands while doing the quest would keep things fresh and different. Winter-> Swamp->Winter->Jungle->Fire realm?

And I agree with Brother Cara here... there will always be complainers and trolls. What matters is that we do this mod the way we like. We need to have fun building this mod and making it to our liking for it to be enjoyable to others as well.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Mod idea for Skyrim   Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 8:15 pm

Remember Kuldahar in Icewind Dale? Lush and green should be doable with in game assets. I'm not sure a jungle is possible without custom made models and textures though.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Mod idea for Skyrim   Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 10:31 pm

As you say, Cara, a jungle would not be possible without special special textures. It would be nice to have some brighter flowers. I have seen an alpine meadow and it is beautiful.

The Matanuska Valley where I lived in Alaska had warm springs which made the area more like New England, Connecticut in fact. Still cold but not frigid.
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Mod idea for Skyrim   Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 3:36 am

Check out my latest MC video, I did a Water town, maybe this would work for a lost valley? Mossy stones, lots of greens, and hell, maybe even vines!
Have you guys decided on the quest for the mod? With this info, I could start planning the various areas, etc.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Mod idea for Skyrim   Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 14, 2011 2:12 pm

There are two ways to go about this either build the location based on the quest or make the quest based on the location.

We have a very rough idea for the quest so maybe it would be better to start with the location as it will flesh out the quest. Minor modifications to make room for the twists and the main plot can be added later.

It's a bit like the hen and the egg. Location and quests should go together and I see no reason to subordinate one to the other.

We have contraints but that makes room for creativity. Don't stifle your creativity my friend, let it roll this is the way to greatness!
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Mod idea for Skyrim   Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 5:10 am

I am currently building one of the dungeons in MC. I started a new game in Survival, and I am doing one of the dungeons. I will try my luck with a smaller dungeon at first, but I can definitively expand and do the bigger dungeons as well. Those will be my template for the mod.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Mod idea for Skyrim   Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 11:37 am

I don't want to sound pessimistic but let's hope nothing goes wrong with the toolset... Can't wait to get started.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Mod idea for Skyrim   Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 1:18 am

A little pessimism is a good thing A friend of mine has passed on to me her father's philosophy.

"Fear for the worse, prepare badly for everything and look worried even when you aren't."
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Mod idea for Skyrim   Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 3:21 am

I almost live by these words.

Problem is most people don't like that sort of attitude but the good thing is that when you always expect the worse to come out of a situation you know that you won't be disappointed.

Anyway I hope they're not planning a Steam related surprise with this Steam Workshop they've been hyping. It would be a major nuisance if we had to use more Steam related garbage.

Sometimes I miss the old days when you had to put a CD (or DVD) in your drive. These were simpler times.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mod idea for Skyrim   Mod idea for Skyrim - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mod idea for Skyrim
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next