Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Replaying Morrowind, I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Replaying Morrowind, I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Replaying Morrowind, I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Replaying Morrowind, I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Replaying Morrowind, I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Replaying Morrowind, I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Replaying Morrowind, I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Replaying Morrowind, I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Replaying Morrowind, I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Replaying Morrowind, I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Replaying Morrowind, I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Replaying Morrowind, I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Replaying Morrowind,

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

Replaying Morrowind, Empty
PostSubject: Replaying Morrowind,   Replaying Morrowind, I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 12:21 pm

Nowena on Dragon Captions has got me interest in playing Morrowind one more time before SKYrim is released. She is active in the Beth Morrowind forum and familiar with a lot of mods.

This will be interesting since it has been a long time since I plaued the game. It was the first game I was able to play after my vision loss but I was very familiar with all its nooks and crannies. I remember a lot but not all of the dialogue and which responses to choose. Smile I am playing blind.

Must order that high powered magnifier. When I know when I will be going up to New York.

I do have a question. I installed Morrwind but Bloodmoon and Tribunal need to be installed in a certain order or they won't play or one won't play. Which one is installed first?
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Replaying Morrowind,   Replaying Morrowind, I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 5:44 pm

I think it's Tribunal then Bloodmoon but it's been years so it would be better to hear from Paul71 or someone who knows. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Replaying Morrowind,   Replaying Morrowind, I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 6:28 pm

I understan that Tribunal was published first then Boodmoon so it makes sense to install Tribunal first. I thought there was a read me but it was probably something printed that has now vanished .

I also need to know how to compensate for the lost tilde key for the console. Either Windows 7 or HP or both disable the Tilde key. There is an adjustment to make for Obglivion. The instructions may be on Bethesda somewhere. Got little sleep the last two days so when my eyes are less tired I will check it out.
Back to top Go down
OldCoot46
Veteran
OldCoot46

PostSubject: Re: Replaying Morrowind,   Replaying Morrowind, I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 7:39 pm

I re-installed Morrowind, but Win7 Enterprise x64 refuses to let me play it. The launcger errors out. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Replaying Morrowind,   Replaying Morrowind, I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 9:07 am

I am able to play but am having a couple of problems. My disk is old and has had heavy play . Maybe Paul can help us. Sad

Background story for my character.

Jarla is a Nord woman very young born in a harsh world and seeking her fortune as a budding Spellsword when she is emboiled in a brawl in the Imperial City. Arrested by the Imperial guard she is taken to the Prison. In one of those strange twists of Imperial Justice she is placed on a prison ship bound for the island of Morrowind. Her voyage is fukked with strange and frighting dreams. She is disbarked at the small port town of Syda Neen with a few coins and instructions to go to Balmora and find some guy named Gaius Casdas (spelling). She receives a sealed package which she is to deliver to him Angry and bewildered she decides to explore the countryside and discovers the body of the tax collector.

Jarla is basically a stright forward and honest person so she reports her find to the authorities and turns in the 200 gold coins that were on his body. Told that there is a reward if she finds the killer she investigates. Asking questions questions of the inhabitants she eventually tracks down the killer and is forced to kill him in self defence. She receives 500 coin for this deed. Not bad pay for a days work. She is able to buy some cheap armour from the local merchant and must now decide whether to go straight to Balmora or explore a little more.
Back to top Go down
OldCoot46
Veteran
OldCoot46

PostSubject: Re: Replaying Morrowind,   Replaying Morrowind, I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 5:00 pm

You might try and make a copy of the disk. I am not sure if these disks have DRM enabled or not. Been so long.

Anyways, let me try first and see what happens. If I can make a 1:1 copy and do a successful burn, I will walk ya through how to do it.

Last edited by OldCoot46 on Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OldCoot46
Veteran
OldCoot46

PostSubject: Re: Replaying Morrowind,   Replaying Morrowind, I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 5:04 pm

Grrrrrr.............Right off the bat I am gettin Unrecoverable Read Errors.......So, maybe we can't make copies. Or maybe my disk is just too shot to copy. Hopefully Paul can shed some light for us Replaying Morrowind, 47717 Replaying Morrowind, 237693
Back to top Go down
OldCoot46
Veteran
OldCoot46

PostSubject: Re: Replaying Morrowind,   Replaying Morrowind, I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 5:35 pm

Ok, I found a way to do it and it works. You will need either blank CDR disks or download an application called Virtual CloneDrive . If you decide to use Vitrual CloneDrive, let me know.

You will also need an application called ImgBurn

Ok, first let's open up the Documents folder, right click and create a new folder. Rename it to Morrowind. Now open up your disk drive, select all, copy. Now go back to the Morrowind folder you created earlier, paste all into it. You will get a couple popups askin permission and one about the desktop file. Choose No to the desktop file.

Now let's start ImgBurn. ImgBurn is easy to use. When it loads up, it will give ya several options. Choose Create Image File from files/folder. See image:

Spoiler:

On the next screen that it goes to, you will see this:
Spoiler:

Then select the Morrowind folder, it will ask you questions just click yes or ok. It will ask you to choose a location where to save the image you are creating or the disk drive where your blank disk is.

I know this is a bit much, but if your disk is as old and messed up as mine, then it's the only other way I know. If you need more help let me know.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Replaying Morrowind,   Replaying Morrowind, I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 6:58 pm

Thanks,OldCoot, I will check these out. I have also been told tto NEVER install Morrowind to the program fold but set up a fold such as C:/games/Morrowind and install there. Rund games as administrator.
Back to top Go down
OldCoot46
Veteran
OldCoot46

PostSubject: Re: Replaying Morrowind,   Replaying Morrowind, I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 7:50 pm

I always install to C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks but I never use the auto installer. I goto the setup.exe, right click run as administrator and let it install like that. Once it's installed go in the folder where it installed to, right click Launcher and the game.exe, one at a time that is,(Morrowind.exe in this case)click properties, then compatibilty, check mark the run as administrator, click apply and your done. Hope that helps.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Replaying Morrowind,   Replaying Morrowind, I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Replaying Morrowind,
Page 1 of 1