Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Pillars of Eternity - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Pillars of Eternity - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Pillars of Eternity - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Pillars of Eternity - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Pillars of Eternity - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Pillars of Eternity - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Pillars of Eternity - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Pillars of Eternity - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Pillars of Eternity - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Pillars of Eternity - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Pillars of Eternity - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Pillars of Eternity - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Pillars of Eternity

Go down 
+4
RYUchan
DanielCoffey
dragoniguana
Kana
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

Pillars of Eternity - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 5:15 am

According to the developers the forum is for questions and development and members are encouraged to voice their viewpoint, wishes, ideas, suggestions etc. Some of the suggestions are good, some a bit undoabable and some just plain crazy.

"You should hire sos and so to do art, music voice acting" "I want to see Minsc, or someone else in the game." They ignore the fact that D & D belongs to Hasbro. I think EA and Bioware are shown as owning BG I & II. Even when told about copyright laws they just ignore it. Actually I haven't been looking at the threads lately because I just get irritated. Don't need that.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 12:48 pm

Nakia the Rogue wrote:
Actually I haven't been looking at the threads lately because I just get irritated. Don't need that.

Amen. Nobody needs that sort of nonsense. Pillars of Eternity - Page 4 88613
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
dragoniguana
World Savior
dragoniguana

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 10:52 pm

Do what I do, and just stick to the friendly arms of the good ol' Saloon, Nakia cheers
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 3:59 am

Good advice, Dragon. Lately I have just been checking the KickStarter pages for updates. Nothing about PayPal yet and they haven't updated the fact that they reached the 1,2 mil goal. Pledges on KS are slow but they will definitely get the next goal at 2.4
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 7:51 pm

The 2.4 mil stretch goal has been met. I have no idea if that includes the PayPal pledges. I haven't found anything that gives information on what PayPal is collecting.

This stretch goal provides crafting and enchantment. The player should be able to customize their gear and make potions and scrolls and other things.

Now on to the next goal. Barbarian and cipher class. A little over eight days to go.
Back to top Go down
Kana
Catnip Purveyor
Kana

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 10:23 pm

I really hope they reach the 2.6 goal so we can get the Adventurer's Hall. As much as I love well-written and deep companions for the story, the ability to create a full party adds a lot to the replayability.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 11:58 pm

I agree. The first play through I will focus on the companions then it would be fun to see if I could play through with say a part of thieves or some other specialized group or just mix and match.

At the moment they have about 90 K to go for the 2.5 Mil so I think there is a good chance they will make it to 2.6
Back to top Go down
Kana
Catnip Purveyor
Kana

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 7:10 pm

They broke 3.6 million. I was skeptical they would reach that 3.5 mil goal, but they surpassed it.

Edit: Well, the kickstarter is over now. It made just under 4 million, which doesn't count the paypal pledges. So all told, they brought in over 4 million.
Back to top Go down
DanielCoffey
Conjuror
DanielCoffey

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 7:30 pm

And now the real waiting begins...
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 7:03 am

They did very well. Yes, now the wait begins. If they succeed in making a good game this could be a real breakthrough. They have the money to do it and a lot of talent.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 9:13 am

With the PayPal add in they went over the 4 Mil goal. And now the waiting begins.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 7:05 am

Here is the latest Project Update on Kickstarter. An interview with the Lead Animator. I haven't been following the Project Updates closely. There will be spears which of course we already knew.
Project Eternity Lead Animator
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 9:48 am

Avalone did an Arcanum playthrough in connection with Project Eternity.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 6:26 pm

This makes me want to play Arcanum. Smile
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 6:38 pm

Me too. It had some really cute quests in it. It is a very intricate game. I always played as tech though. Nice change of pace from fantasies since I can't find a futristic game that interests me. FNV may be set in the future but other than weapons it is a re-build a society that has fallen to ruins. Outhouse. At least your character can use them. Pillars of Eternity - Page 4 562519
Back to top Go down
RYUchan
Visitor
RYUchan

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 7:38 pm

The overall summ they managed to collect from fans is a clear indication that people love such games and that there is a certain deficit of good old school RPGs.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 5:57 am

Project Eternity is going to be my most expensive game ever. There were people who gave a lot more. Several gave 10,000 USD. That to me shows that the people who like the challenging games are willing to pay for them.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 6:51 am

Here is the latest video update on Project Eternity. It is about Melee fighting.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 4:13 am

Here is a Project Eternity Kickstarter Update.
Project Eternity Update
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 6:44 am

I have been playing the Backers Beta a little. There are no spoilers. It is mainly for testing purposes and I think a way to make backers feel more involved with the development of the game. I do think it has been useful to the developers.

The latest update added some voice acting, not much but it sounded good. Standard US accent so far. Hope they were able to broaden this out a bit or it will get boring.

The game does have the IE feel and look to it. The devs did include some 3d effects. I can't really critique the game at this point. We have our fingers crossed that Obsidian will continue with a good story line and in-depth characters and since they are not under any publisher pressure hopefully the game will be reasonable bug free.

Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 4:56 pm

Sounds pretty neat. I hope they do pull it off. Obsidian are pretty good at making excellent games but they usually end up releasing them too early because of publishers so let's keep our fingers crossed. Wink
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 7:59 pm

When Obsidian eleased the news that Paradox Interactive would be publishing and distributing the news they also made the statement that Obsidian was 100% responsible for developing the game and Paradox was only distributing and selling the game. They, Obsidian, have a release goal of sometime in the first quarter of 2015. They know the biggest complaint about their games is the releasing of them buggy and that this is their chance to prove that if given time they can put out a game that is good from the release date.

The devs had an internal play through of the game and came out with these results. After a week of internal play only two people finished the game. One who found some unexpected way to finish the game early and the other who just headed straight through to the finish. Some of the newer developers who were inexperienced at playing this type of game had a hard time learning how to play. Playing on easy was hard. I am not clear as to whether they will fix this or not. According to them the game should have many hours of playability. With six races, 12 classes and I think six starting or origin areas, many different types of skills you can spend hours creating different types of PCs.

The character graphics could be improved, elves made to look more distinct from humans and in my opinion the heads of the Godlike and the bodies don't fit together. There will be eight unique companions available as you play the game. At the inn you can hire adventurers You can create your own party ala Icewind Dale.

XP is gained by completing quests and the devs say quests can be completed in different ways either combat or non-combat or a combination of the two. Just based on the beta I think this will be an outstanding game. Very complicated with strategy extremely important. Combat is real time but you can pause to decide what you want each individual party member to do and give them orders. Magic is based on the soul.

I was hesitant about doing the beta because I didn't want spoilers but the beta oly deals with some minor sub-quests. I have just scratched the service of the beta itself and am already impressed.

I think anyone who enjoyed the Infinity Engine games will love this game. It really does look to be the spiritual successor to Baldurs Gate.

Naturally there are people on the Steam forum carrying on about the price of the game. Steam forum posters are good at making negative posts and complaining.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 8:10 am

I think people are spoiled by all the sales and bundles. They don't see the value of games and troll the steam community forums about getting these games for a few bucks during sales.

I think sales are great when they allow players to try out different things without feeling bad about spending money on a game that may turn out to be something they don't really like but there is a real problem when they happen too soon and early buyers feel they got ripped off... Nowadays if you're buying a game full price you're just paying an extra 20% to be able to play it right away, most of the time if you wait a little you can save even more than that. Sometimes games go on sale after less than two months and that makes things even worse.

In all fairness I have Pillars of Eternity on my wishlist but considering the money I've spent on games last month I feel the price is a bit steep for me at the moment so I'm glad it's not coming out anytime soon.

I wouldn't recommend buying a game full price especially since most of us have a (growing) number of unplayed games in our steam libraries but sometimes you want something new or you're really excited about a title.

What you've posted is very interesting and I'm confident that Obsidian will make a good game. I have yet to complete Dungeon Siege 3 but it's much better than I expected. Throughout the years Obsidian has made some pretty impressive games and I don't think Paradox is such a bad choice for a publisher either.
Back to top Go down
Sue77
Enlightened Viewer
Sue77

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 9:31 am

I like the Dungeon Siege series and find the third game fun to play.  It's quite a tough game at times - some of the battles are hard even on the Normal setting.  I like a challenge though and think Dungeon Siege 3 delivers quite well on this front.  

I agree with you Cara about gaming bundles.  I've used them to buy games which are slightly different to try and some older ones that I've heard good things about.  

Project Eternity sounds interesting Nakia, I love Baldurs Gate and welcome a modern game that offers the manner of challenge it did.

I'm off to have a look see......

cat
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 10:11 am

Hi, Cara and Sue,

I think what really annoyed me were two things.
1) The posters that trashed the game because they didn't like the price.
2) The posters who complained they should get the game for the same price as the backers.
Backers took a risk plus there would be no game without the backers.  

I look for sales and have picked up a few games that way.  Nothing wrong with that.  It is the way the complaints are worded that gets me riled up.   The posters aren't interested in an intelligent discussion just want to vent because they can't have what they want for the price they want.

The game is an isometric game which isn't going to be to every ones liking.  The game is a quest based game although you can explore.  There are still problems, bugs, glitches that Obsidian needs to fix.  The looting system could be improved.  So far the learning curve is very lengthy and playing on easy isn't so easy as far a combat goes.  Your tanks get slaughtered if you just let them go engage the enemy.  This will be a thinking person's game in my opinion and too many Steam posters just do not want to think.

With Chris Avalone as lead story writer the story should be good.  The quests included in the beta are in my opinion well done.  They are just side quests but still interesting.  

This is a game that Obsidian wanted to make so I have high expectations.  This game is being made for IE game fans and its about time we got what we like for a change. bounce cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pillars of Eternity
Page 4 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next