Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Your Friend in Texas - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Your Friend in Texas - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Your Friend in Texas - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Your Friend in Texas - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Your Friend in Texas - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Your Friend in Texas - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Your Friend in Texas - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Your Friend in Texas - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Your Friend in Texas - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Your Friend in Texas - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Your Friend in Texas - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Your Friend in Texas - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Your Friend in Texas

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. K
Visitor
Mr. K

Your Friend in Texas - Page 2 Empty
PostYour Friend in Texas

Howdy from Texas, All Y'all!

OK, enough Fake TexSpeek.

This is a Blog like Topic, I will post a few things that I am thinking about. My intention is to have a general Conversation with all of you. I don't intend this to be about Gaming, Modding or Voice Acting, this is for stuff that doesn't fit any where else here in the Saloon.

If you have questions or comments about anything posted here, well that is what this is, a conversation.

If you want to talk about something not mentioned here, well this is the place, I will talk about what ever, so go ahead and jump in.

This Conversation will not be about anything Political, or very controversial, if we want to talk about Politics, there are a lot of very well run Political WebSites run by some very well educated, Political Historians, and Political Scientist, and they do their homework before saying anything. I may mention something, but I don't want to get deep into stuff like that.

I will use the Spoiler function to save space in overly long Post, I get way too long winded a lot, so if you want to read the long version, just click on the Spoiler tag. See below:

Well after that, I will tell you a little about me:

Spoiler:

Your Friend in Texas

Next up is about my Family

Link to a Video of 10 hours of rain and thunder, (just to have a place to hold the link). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ9OWMsJBTk&feature=player_detailpage

Last edited by Mr. K on Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:05 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://home.comcast.net/~rogerk281/site/?/blog/
Share this post on: reddit

Your Friend in Texas :: Comments

NDCowdy
Re: Your Friend in Texas
Post Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:38 pm by NDCowdy
Nakia, I had to quote you to find the spoiler tags, you'd think I could work that one out

Spoiler:
Kana
Post Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:33 pm by Kana
Okay, I'll use the spoiler tags here.
Spoiler:
Mr. K
Post Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:45 pm by Mr. K
Thanks Kana;

That is the core of all Quality Improvement Systems.

You must look at everything you do, and always work on finding the good and bad, and working on promoting the good, and controlling the bad.

Your Friend in Texas
wetblanket
Post Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:17 pm by wetblanket
Carabas wrote:
I really like how you phrase this: "a lot of ignoring things without ignoring each other" this sounds like a very sound approach to relationships. I'll try to keep that in mind. Wink

Same here. I think it sums it up beautifully.
Mr. K
Post Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:09 pm by Mr. K
Hi Everybody;

Well my Wife and I both forgot about Katie's 20th Birthday yesterday. My Wife got a Text from Katie about it at 12:01am. That will make you feel like a good parent for sure.

Your Friend in Texas
Nakia the Rogue
Post Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:12 pm by Nakia the Rogue
Very Happy Hi Mr. K,
Lie and tell her you wanted to really surprise her by remembering it a day late.

Nak

Last edited by Nakia the Rogue on Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : What happened? I am going back to bed.)
Mr. K
Post Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:58 pm by Mr. K
Now, now, Nakia, let's not get into any more trouble!

OK, just trying some HTML code to see what it looks like on my own web-page, and it is not working like I expected it to work. I added a background image, and it did not show on the site, and in the editor there is an option for theme setting, but not for not having a theme.

Your Friend in Texas

<html>
<head>
<title>Mr. K and his Page</title>
</head>
<body background="WonderingJew">
OK, just working on how web building works.
</body>

My Site:
</html>http://home.comcast.net/~rogerk281/site/
Mr. K
Post Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:13 pm by Mr. K
The image Wandering Jew plant;

This is a common plant in the South, and I wanted to use it as a background for my site. I took this image a long time ago in my back yard.
Your Friend in Texas - Page 2 Wonderingjewforbss

Your Friend in Texas

Last edited by Mr. K on Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nakia the Rogue
Post Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:46 pm by Nakia the Rogue
That is a lovely picture Mr. K. It should make a good background. I took a look at your site. You have been able to do some things. Keep working on it but don't forget about us. Very Happy

I am a bit surprised that more people haven't taken advantage of the Blog area that Carabas so generously set up for us. He isn't a Master Site Builder and learns as he goes along so I am sure this did take some time and effort on his part. He did get it up quickly so maybe people think it i a cake walk.

I love having a place where I can just put down all the nonsense that goes through my mind. Well not all of it but a lot of it. Your Friend in Texas - Page 2 67221

Babbling Nakia
Mr. K
Post Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:31 am by Mr. K
Hi Nakia;

Yep, I sometimes just have to talk to somebody, anybody, even myself. Any response from anybody is a real Bonus for me.

If you like that image of a cool purple plant, here is a link to the full size image file.
https://2img.net/r/ihimg/a/img849/3609/imag0017e.jpg

Your Friend in Texas
Nakia the Rogue
Post Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:22 am by Nakia the Rogue
You and I are much alike Mr. K, except that I do have a bad temper. I lose mine especially when I see someone doing something I think is very unfair. Then I don't handle things very smartly.

I too like to talk even if it is just to myself and consider it a bonus if someone answers me. In fact the best way I have of handling my temper is to talk it out if I can. I liked your blog but couldn't think of anything to say but "Yep, you are right.".

On a slightly different note. I am still thinking of getting an amaryllis. A friend here got one last year from someone. She was going to see if she could split it but I told her to wait another year since it was new and then we would see. It is pink. She thinks it is called Candy Stripe.

Wehn you split the plant do you do it in the early spring or in the fall?

Nakia the outdoor plant lover.
Mr. K
Post Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:04 am by Mr. K
Hi Nakia;

I have several Amaryllises, I bout some a few years ago, and inherited a big red cluster from my Mom, I think she got them from her Grandmother's House. A good time to split them? I have no idea, but I would think after the plant has at least 2 or 3 bulbs in a cluster, sometime after the 1st frost, and before they start growing for Spring. Of coarse, around here we don't have much of a Frost most years, and the plant will grow most all year. Just break apart the cluster of bulbs, and try not to crush or cut the individual bulbs, trim the long lives, and plant the bulbs separately. The bulbs are pretty tough, so I think they will do fine. Just don't let them completely dry out.

It is dark now, I will try and take some new pictures of some of the plants in my yard tomorrow. I don't have many flowers right now, but something will be interesting. The lemon tree is blooming, and maybe something else.

Use the link to the full size Image of the Wondering Jew plant, is big enough to use as a background for your desktop. I had it for a wile to look at every time I did anything with my PC. Close to the center is a seed pod to the Mimosa tree that the Wondering Jew is growing under.

Your Friend in Texas
Nakia the Rogue
Post Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:23 am by Nakia the Rogue
Thanks, Mr. K,

I will let my friend know what you said about splitting the blubs. We had lemon trees at the convent in Tucson, Arizona. Got lemons from it too. The Orange Tree didn't do so well.

I wish I could use that photo as a background but since I use the Window magnifier I am limited as to what backgrounds I can use. Very limited. Oh well at least I can use the computer so I am not complaining.

Nakia
Lndf117
Post Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:26 am by Lndf117
And at least your computer works, unlike my grandfather's.

I have never paid much attention to the desktop background so mine is the same thing my dad set it for when he built the computer.
Mr. K
Post Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:54 pm by Mr. K
Hi Everybody;

I have a new image for you, it is the same Wandering Jew plant, but from today, and from a different angel and distance.
Full size image Link: https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img10/5198/imag0252dp.jpg

The small size image to look at.
Your Friend in Texas - Page 2 Imag0252small

Your Friend in Texas

Last edited by Mr. K on Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Miss spelled Wandering Jew.)
Mr. K
Post Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:08 pm by Mr. K
Hi Everybody;

Here is an image of the Amaryllis I got from my Moms yard just before we sold her house. I have had it for about 8 or 9 years, and it is a lot bigger now. The plant that She got it from was in her Grandmother's yard, and it has been in the family for over a hundred years.
Full size file that you can have. link: https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img687/5246/imag0257l.jpg

Smaller image of this old Amaryllis plant, it is not blooming now, but it is growing now.
Your Friend in Texas - Page 2 Imag0257small
For a Bulb type of plant like this, you can just dig it up and carefully break the bulbs apart, and replant it. Just use a shovel, dig from a few inches away, pull off the soil, and break the cluster of bulbs with your hands.

In places that have hard freezes, you can store the un-planted bulbs in a cool dark place to keep them from freezing, and plant them after the last frost.

Your Friend in Texas
Mr. K
Post Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:35 pm by Mr. K
Hi All;

Your Friend in Texas - Page 2 Imag0166small
I found an old image of the Amaryllis from last May. After looking at the bloom, I think this may not be a plant from my Mom's Grandmother's yard, it is too pink, it should be a dark red. I may have the old plant, but it may not be this one, I will have to wait until all my Amaryllis's start blooming. I dug up a few Amaryllis's from my Mom's yard, and I think I may have the old Amaryllis in the back yard. This one is my best bloomer, but it doesn't bloom as often as some I have seen, probably because I don't use fertilizer.

Your Friend in Texas
Mr. K
Post Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:16 pm by Mr. K
Hi Lndf;

OK, I like to have interesting images for my Desktop background. If you run Windows 7, right click on your desktop, and select Personalize. You will see some Themes that you can select to have as the background. I like to have a slide show to rotate the images. If you have not added any, there are just a few available, so click on the Link to "Get more themes online" or you can make a folder of your own images, or a set of images that you like, and drag the folder into the window with the default Themes. I have a Theme that is of a set of images of paintings that my Father-in-Law painted.
Link to Microsoft Windows Themes: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/themes

It is recommended to NOT use any unknown website to download background images, it could be a security risk, but this is from Microsoft, and it is safe, and Free.

Your Friend in Texas
Mr. K
Post Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:36 am by Mr. K
Hi All Y'all;

OK, I got my Website to do something, please go look at it and tell me if you can see the Weather thing, and see if it is updating to show new info.

http://home.comcast.net/~rogerk281/site/?/blog/

Also I figured out how to make or read comments to my Blog posts. Just click on the title for the blog you want to comment or see comments, and there is a place to add Comments. I added a comment to the blog entry "Voce Acting Strike at TEG", so you can look at that and comment on that one, or take a look at any of the other posts and comment there. I need to know how it works for other people.

Just so you know; I will say anything about TEG in a blog on my site, and avoid the subject here. And I probably won't say much there ether.

Your Friend in Texas

Last edited by Mr. K on Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Lndf117
Post Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:37 am by Lndf117
I know how to set backgrounds, i just don't look at the background enough to do so.
Mr. K
Post Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:39 am by Mr. K
Lndf117 wrote:
I know how to set backgrounds, i just don't look at the background enough to do so.

OK, just a suggestion, maybe some one else could use the info.

Your Friend in Texas
Mr. K
Post Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:20 pm by Mr. K
Hi Everybody;

I got involved with a Mod Project at The Wormhole, the Secrets of Trade Mod. It is a big project, and will need a few more Modders to help build it.

I am helping with the VAing, and organization of the VAs. It will be a wile before any VAing is actually needed, but if you are looking for a Mod Project to use your Modding skills, you may want to check it out.
Link to Wormhole: < http://thewormhole.nfshost.com/forum/index.php
Link to the Secrets of Trade project: < http://thewormhole.nfshost.com/forum/index.php/board,347.0.html

Your Friend in Texas
Nakia the Rogue
Post Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:16 pm by Nakia the Rogue
Hi Mr. K,
I hope you have luck with them and they listen to you. I received a PM on Wormhole from Darkgenius about doing their sample lines. Based onthat and what I saw on the forum they seem to have little or no experience working with VAs or people who may want to be VAs.

Since I have a very hard time reading things on Wormhole due to my sight impairment I am not sure what they are doing except that it seems very complicated. He mentioned something about a Dark Path or Evil Path. Is it possible for you to give us a summary of what they are trying to do and what they actually want in the way of VAs?

I believe you have the link to the lines I did for ND's Express Delivery. Could you PM them to whoever is in charge of the VA work? I would rather they work with you if you are willing. I think that would save time for us all.
Mr. K
Post Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:52 pm by Mr. K
Hi Nakia;

The different "Paths" is how the Player goes through the Quests, some or Evil Paths, and some are Good, and another one is more neutral, or more for players that want to sale and buy things, maybe for a Shop Owner option kind of thing. Roll Playing functions in this over haul kind of Mod. Looks like something like some of Giskard's bigger Mods, like his Mods that used CUO.

I will post a few Links to any Voice files I have that the VA gives me permission. I may need some help with that. I don't remember a lot of the VA's names for files I have, or how to get to them, now that I am a Bannite. I don't want to post VAing files for people that are not active, or already willing to work with this Mod Team.

I need to spend some time working out how to proceed with the Wormhole. I don't know them yet, or what they like.

Your Friend in Texas
Mr. K
Post Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:39 pm by Mr. K
Hi Nakia;

OK, talking about the Wormhole, I am a VIP, for some reason, and I posted in the VIP Suite Area something for VAing, and a Story I wrote about 18 years ago. You have a VIP Suite too, so take a look.

Mr. K
Post  by Sponsored content

Your Friend in Texas

Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next