Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition

Go down 
+4
DanielCoffey
Kana
Carabas
Nakia the Rogue
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition   Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 11:45 pm

Maybe it's just a matter of perception. I know that Tutu makes the beginning of the game a bit harder (you can run into bandits right from the start) and the first areas are rather challenging.

Do you like the new videos Kana? They've cut much from the intro and I assume that they wanted to make the videos look more like the ones in BG2 but I'm not sure it's an improvement (I've watched some videos on the net, I haven't seen them first hand).

What is your experience playing the game on the Ipad like? This however sounds like a real enhancement.
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Kana
Catnip Purveyor
Kana

PostSubject: Re: Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition   Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 11:59 pm

Ah, you just reminded me of something I forgot to mention regarding the movies. When I arrived in Beregost and Nashkel, there were no movies played. The only movie that has played so far was the opening one, which I did not really care for. This might be a bug with the iPad version, or they may have opted to just not make movies for those cities. Kind of lame if it's the latter.

I do like playing on the iPad. Their implementation of touch control needs a bit of work, but having played some of Spiderweb Software's games on the iPad already, I'm fairly used to controlling this kind of game.

I saw the possibilities of the tablet for isometric RPGs when I first got my iPad. I genuinely feel that the decline of this genre had nothing to do with a decline in demand. BGEE was in the top 10 apps on the app store, the last time I looked. It was right there next to Angry Birds and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. People still want to play these games. I believe the decline of this genre is purely due to the industry's focus on consoles, and the difficulty making games like this work with a controller.

My hope is that as tablets become more widespread, it will open up a new market, and publishers will finally start to see this genre as viable again.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition   Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 12:14 am

This would be great! Smile

Regarding videos I think they've simply deleted them (I've read someone complaining about it before).

I'm really not sure what they were thinking about when they made this version of the game.
Back to top Go down
Kana
Catnip Purveyor
Kana

PostSubject: Re: Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition   Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 8:03 pm

I figured out how to take a screenshot on my iPad, so here's one from BGEE, to show some of the interface changes. This one shows the displays for THAC0, AC, HP, and damage, and how it lists all the modifiers for those values. This would be a nice thing for new players, rather than just seeing your base and modified THAC0, you actually get to see what is modifying that value.

Also, check out my character's THAC0... not bad for level 6.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition   Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 10:59 pm

Nice screen! Bows are pretty awesome in BG1 (later on with arrows of explosions they become amazingly overpowered especially if you're not careful). Looks like a pretty efficient character you've got here. Smile

So how is the Monk doing? A low level Monk is more likely to be a liability. The same goes for the Wild Mage. It must be an eventful run.

By the way can you give NPCs kits? I've made Ajantis a Cavalier with Tutu and it's definitely an improvement over the original class.
Back to top Go down
Kana
Catnip Purveyor
Kana

PostSubject: Re: Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition   Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2012 11:23 pm

The monk sucks, to be honest. He can do decent damage, but frequently has to run away if enemies start focusing on him. It's a shame, because I like monks a lot in NWN and NWN2, but the class really isn't very well suited to a low-level adventure. The worst thing about monks in this game is they have an accelerated walk speed, so Rasaad breaks formation and ends up in front at the worst of times. I need to move my party around in very small steps to keep Rasaad from rushing ahead of the group. As long as I'm careful to send in Ajantis first, fights go pretty well.

I'm going to ditch him once I do his personal quest, which unfortunately doesn't start until you get to Baldur's Gate. Then, I think I'll ditch him for Quayle, and let Ajantis and Branwen hold the front line.

I was going to take all three of new companions along for the whole journey, but Dorn (the Blackguard) left because my rep got too high. And he ditched me right before I was about to fight the Doomsayer, too. Neera, the wild mage, was the only character who could damage him at the time. She took him out single handedly with a wand of frost, while my other characters ran around keeping him occupied and trying to stay alive. That was a fun encounter.

I don't think there's any way give NPC's kits. I'll check and see, though.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition   Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 12:38 am

Maybe Shadowkeeper could be used for that. I've read modders are working to get mods to work with the Enhanced Edition. Not sure that would help on the iPad though.

So you pulled a Benny Hill on the Doomsayer? That sounds like some real fun. Very Happy

I only tried a Monk main character once in BG2 and the only thing I liked was the fact that they get decent fighting animations (I wish they got the same animations in IWD2) even at level 7 or 8 a Monk is a pretty weak character... By the end of ToB the Monk will probably rock but until level 15 I can't see things getting much better. Furthermore the lack of gear is probably annoying as finding the right equipment is at least half of the fun in these games. Does the stunning attack yield any interesting results?

Ajantis is a pretty solid character to have in the front lines.

What are Fonne's weapon proficiencies so far? I'm guessing longbow but did you pick a two hander as a back up or did you go for single weapon style?
Back to top Go down
Kana
Catnip Purveyor
Kana

PostSubject: Re: Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition   Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 5:30 am

I know they said they were working on some way to get mods on to the iPad, probably through iTunes sync, but I'm not sure what the status of that is.

I put a point into long swords for those occasions where I need to go in to melee with her, and the rest into longbows. I knew there were plenty of magical long swords available, and that would also give me the option to swap out the bow and equip a shield if need be. I've not really needed to switch from the bow too often, though.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition   Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 12:15 pm

It's a pain to switch between a bow and sword and shield in BG2, is it easier with BG EE? That's why I prefer two handers for bow users and slings for sword and shield types.

Early in the game the best longsword I can think of is the one Greywolf is using (the one with extra cold damage).

I have Kivan as an Archer in my party and he is doing great. It's a pretty solid class and kit. Wink
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition   Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 3:56 pm

I didn't notice any difference from BG I to BGEE.
Back to top Go down
Kana
Catnip Purveyor
Kana

PostSubject: Re: Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition   Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 7:19 pm

Switching between a bow and sword/shield is just as much a pain in BGEE as it always was, but my thinking was that I'd only be resorting to melee in the most desperate of circumstances, in which case, the extra protection would come in handy.

I do wish they could have implemented completely separate weapon sets, like Dragon Age: Origins, so you could swap out a two handed weapon with a sword and shield easily.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition   Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 8:49 pm

That's one thing that was improved in IWD2.

I can't be bothered with using shields for my archers for that very reason in BG. Wink
Back to top Go down
Kana
Catnip Purveyor
Kana

PostSubject: Re: Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition   Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 11:50 pm

I've never actually played IWD2. Maybe I should pick it up during GOG's holiday sale. It's a shame Beamdog didn't add that feature to BGEE. That's one enhancement that would have set it above Tutu.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition   Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 1:31 am

You should consider getting it. IWD2 is a bit on the hack and slash side of things but it's very enjoayble. If you've played IWD1 you will probably like it (IWD2 is 3E not 2E so there are some changes and numerous possibilities for building parties and characters).

I can't say that anything I've read about BGEE has convinced me that it is any better than a fully modded Tutu. Especially since mods won't work at the moment and BG2 Enhanced Edition won't be released anytime soon.

We have to factor the DRM as well... Another reason to get the game from GOG.

In fact the only major advantage is probably the fact that it is playable on the iPad.

I can't believe that they've removed the quote from the intoduction... I'm ranting sorry but that is such a strange way of "enhancing" a game.

So yes, you should get IWD2 it's probably a little less than 5 dollars and it's worth it. Especially for a player who likes Infinity Engine games. Wink
Back to top Go down
Kana
Catnip Purveyor
Kana

PostSubject: Re: Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition   Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 11:53 pm

I didn't realize IWD2 was 3E. I've always liked the flexible multiclassing system of 3E. So, I bought the game on GOG. Probably won't play it for a while though. I'm juggling BGEE, KoA and Guild Wars 2 all at the same time. Hehe.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition   Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 3:06 am

I know exactly what you mean... I'm torn between BG2, Divinity 2, IWD2, Jade Empire and FNV these days. Smile
Back to top Go down
dragoniguana
World Savior
dragoniguana

PostSubject: Re: Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition   Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 3:15 am

Too many games for me to list, here. GW2, BG, FNV, several new 3DS games, KOTOR, DA:O, PSASBR, etc. Not enough hours in the day.
Back to top Go down
Kana
Catnip Purveyor
Kana

PostSubject: Re: Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition   Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 8:23 pm

It appears the Nietzsche quote has been added back to the opening cinematic. So, that's good. Smile

My character is at the bottom level of Durlag's Tower now. After I've finished with TotSC, I'll be returning to Candlekeep to continue the main quest. I dropped Rasaad for Alora to do some pickpocketing, so now, poor Ajantis is the lone male in the party.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition   Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 9:51 pm

Interesting, thanks for the info, Kana. I should get back to this and see what has been updated. Between Fallout NV and the Wormhole project I haven't done much else.
Back to top Go down
Kana
Catnip Purveyor
Kana

PostSubject: Re: Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition   Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 12:12 am

Well, Fonne's in the final stretch now. Just about to enter the Thieves Warrens. It's a good thing I dropped Rasaad for Alora, because he would have been useless for most of the fights in TotSC. Alora, weak though she might be, fired the shot that killed Aec'Letec. Then begins the long wait for BG2EE to continue Fonne's adventure.

I plan on rolling an evil Fighter-Thief to play through again, giving Dorn il-Khan a permanent spot in the party. The latest patch has fixed many of the problems with the iPad port. It's still far from perfect, but it's nice to be able to carry this game around in my purse.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition   Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2016 4:29 pm

BGEE is getting a new DLC and a discount for the weekend. I have to say I'm tempted. I can only imagine they've ironed out the bugs by now and most mods should support the new version. The Dragonspear DLC sounds interesting. I'm just wary considering the additions they've made to BG didn't look so great (talking about the NPCs here).
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition   Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 6:45 pm

The game is getting a hefty discount on gog if you already own the original edition. I was on the fence but I've decided to go through the mods and give BG Trilogy another run. Thanks to the widescreen mod it looks pretty nice at 1920x1080. Smile
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition   Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 12:58 am

Does that walking trash can Ajantis still have the fugly purple helmet?
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition   Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 8:15 am

No idea. I did set up BG Trilogy and made him a Cavalier to give him a fighting chance but who am I kidding there is no way in the nine hells he'll actually make it.
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition   Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2016 8:48 am

Bah, he'll be cannon fodder for a while. Those do-goody are good for something after all Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition - Page 4 197373

Couldn't stand that arsewipe. I always insulted him into fighting me. Much like Keldorn in BGII Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition - Page 4 197373
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition   Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next