Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Pillars of Eternity - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Pillars of Eternity - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Pillars of Eternity - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Pillars of Eternity - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Pillars of Eternity - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Pillars of Eternity - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Pillars of Eternity - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Pillars of Eternity - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Pillars of Eternity - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Pillars of Eternity - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Pillars of Eternity - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Pillars of Eternity - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Pillars of Eternity

Go down 
+4
RYUchan
DanielCoffey
dragoniguana
Kana
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

Pillars of Eternity - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 7:37 pm

When the Beta came out in August first I was having problems health and computer. I also didn't want spoilers. Then I found out when I went to confirm my pledge that the beta had no spoilers. That is what was said. I decided to take a look mainly because after the years of playing the TES games I was out of touch with strategic based CRPGs and I also wanted to see if I would be able to play. With my eye sight that is always an iffy thing.

What I don't like is the attitude of some of the BB posters. I have taken to skipping over certain topics. Just marking a forum as read. What I would love to do is make a post saying "Gee, since you people know so much more about how should game should be developed than the people at Obsidian why don't you get together and develop your own perfect game?" But I won't.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 2:37 am

Release date for the game announced. March 26, 2015

Here is the link to the announcement:
http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/70039-update-88-final-sprint-and-release-date/
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 10:09 am

Well, I'm glad they're not pushing it out too soon. March is early enough IMO. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 12:44 pm

Yes but I think it is time. They put it on pre-sale so people are going to get anxious. Also they are running out of money, the KS money is used up. According to the video they are working on the bugs and if they at least get the main ones finished the game should be playable. If the get a patch out quickly fixing any thing else that really needs fixing they should be alright. Me crosses fingers.

Some, in fact I think a lot of so called bugs are nit-picking. There will be an expansion so some thing can be fixed in that. No matter what they do there will be complaints gamers, some justified some not.

It gives me something to look forward t instead of worrying about things I can do nothing about. Smile
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 12:55 pm

I just wish for them to have a nice release and not a bumpy one. It matters quite a bit in the short term. In the long run it's easier to look at a terrible release because you're lucky to be able to use a fully patched game but I remember not being able to run Fallout New Vegas without using a custom dll when it was first released...

Regarding pre-sale, I think this is a bad business practice that has become too common. Every game is sold before it is even released or even anywhere near completion. That also applies to indie games which can sometimes lead to what people refer to as money grab.

Another reason to stay away from Early Access titles. I have a few Early Access games in my steam library and with two exceptions I got them in bundles.

In any case, considering that Divinity Original Sin has been selling like hot cakes and the Enhanced Editions of BG have been profitable enough for an enhanced version of Icewind Dale to be released I'm convinced that unless Pillars of Eternity is completely broken and unplayable it will do well.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 1:24 pm

I hope you are right. I think the game will be playable, The only real problems I had witht he Beta was the broken Paladin and being unable to make a custom party. Easy difficulty is easy and normal is a challenge. Backers are not in complete agreement about the combat system so manybe that isn't broken just not to every ones taste which is to be expected.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 6:18 pm

The problem with backers is that they can turn into meddlers and that is never a good thing.

In any case I'm not worried. From what you've told us here it looks like it's going to be pretty good. Smile
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 9:48 pm

Just watched and listened to a live bit from Paradox of some game play. I am not impressed with the voice acting. It doesn't grate on me but it is IMO boring and could be a lot better. If this is the final VA and not just scratch place holding well one minus from me already.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 9:50 pm

I prefer no voice acting to bad or mediocre voice acting myself and I think this is a valid objection.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 12:02 am

I remember this was discussed during the KS and we told them that. I don't think the actual voice overs are done until towards the end but I will bring it up on the BB forum. The women s voices are worse than the men's. I think done by one woman. Not much of an actress either.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 12:23 am

Well hopefully there will be an option to get rid of them.

I can deal with American accents in fantasy games when they bring something like in Dragon Age in which there is an actual reason that elves should sound that way but it is annoying when they get in the way for no particular reason...

The Schwarzenegger impression in Skyrim was pretty amusing the first time but it got old really fast.

And I still have a hard time even thinking about running the Witcher simply because I don't like the the main character's American accent (I should play in the original Polish and just use subtitles).
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 6:15 am

If worse comes to worse I believe the vocal files can be removed from the game. I did that with a mod some one made. One reason I gave my free copy of Wasteland 2 away was that after watching the start of a playthrough I knew I couldn't stand the Vaing.

Good VAing can add a lot to a game and bad can destroy a game for me.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 10:56 am

I get what you're saying. I haven't been impressed with the voice acting in Wasteland 2 either which is a pity considering the incredible (voice) actors that worked on the original Fallout game, people like Ron Perlman, Tony Shalhoub, Richard Moll, Jim Cummings, Clancy Brown, Richard Dean Anderson, CCH Pounder, Pamela Adlon and last but not least David Warner (who voiced Irenicus in BG2).

I guess getting big names cost a lot of money but there is a huge difference in the end...

I've played the original Fallout game in both French and English and while the French narrator did a pretty decent job there is no denying that Ron Perlman's narration in English made the iconic Fallout tagline "war never changes" into something bigger that would resonate with meaning as his gravelly voice would utter these words:

Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 9:28 am

The devs posted on the BB forum that there will be one more Backer Beta and that may be the last one. They are working on the PAX build. Two more months to go before release. Crunch time for the devs. Hope they get it fixed.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 12:19 am

A new Backers Beta was release yesterday afternoon EDT. I have taken a quick look at it and a lot of bugs seem to have been fixed. Max and Linus builds have been released. It appears that things are moving forward nicely.

I still don't care for the VAing especially the female voice.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 8:32 am

Good news, although it's unlikely the VA will change much at this point.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 10:34 am

I am hoping that because the area of the BB is very limited that the game itself will have more VA acting. If worse comes to worse maybe the vocals can be removed or changed. If they can be replaced I then hope Sue will be up to doing some voicing. Laughing If the male VAing is boring we have some choices. You could do some. I can do sound editing for VA now so if the VA files can be replaced we have a chance. Evil? Who is better than our very own Dam? I have hope.
Back to top Go down
Sue77
Enlightened Viewer
Sue77

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 5:11 pm

If they'll have me.... Very Happy

cat
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 6:34 pm

Sue, if the female acting isn't better in the game and I can find out how to replace the voice over I will have you. Very Happy Sorry no pay except my appreciation. There is no problem about lip synch it is just a matter of replacing the voice over files. I will find out.

I should know by the first week of April.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 7:56 pm

This is the sort of project that could rekindle our VA section. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sue77
Enlightened Viewer
Sue77

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 11:44 pm

Okay - I'm away over Easter at a writers event, so I'll check here once I'm back on Tues 7th.

The other thing is if I get a 'phone call I'm off for my op and Rob will be letting you all know. I'll be suspended from the transplant list whilst away at Easter, but once the call comes I may be off line for quite a few weeks.

It's all exciting stuff!

cat
Back to top Go down
Blood Red Eagle
Son of Loki
Blood Red Eagle

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 6:53 am

Quote :
Evil? Who is better than our very own Dam? I have hope.

I am sitting on a huge stash of VA lines but they all come from my 120 page story. It has became my primary piece of work, even though I haven't touched it for quite a while now. Inspiration cannot be forced.

I have access to a much better headset now. I don't mind contributing to the VA section. Voicing an evil protagonist would be fun.

Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 7:36 am

Obsidian is already working on a sequel. Considering the first game is not out yet I say it takes some confidence. Then again considering how well isometric CRPGs have been doing lately it seems rather unlikely that PoE won't make money.

BlackZarak wrote:
Inspiration cannot be forced.

That is very true.

Sue77 wrote:
Okay - I'm away over Easter at a writers event, so I'll check here once I'm back on Tues 7th.  

The other thing is if I get a 'phone call I'm off for my op and Rob will be letting you all know.  I'll be suspended from the transplant list whilst away at Easter, but once the call comes I may be off line for quite a few weeks.

It's all exciting stuff!

cat

Don't worry, there is no rush.

It's important to keep your spirits up Sue. Smile
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 8:30 am

PoE is finally out and according to Steam I have played for seven hours. I think Steam counts the install and update time which must have taken over an hour all together. Even so I haven't gotten very far for five or six hours of play which I consider good. I have one companion and really need another. Money has been tight. I am playing a Cipher and went for high intellect even so she has might of 15 but constitution is only 10 and I am finding keeping her alive hard. Those bugs are nasty things. At least I can't complain that the game is boring. Smile

At the rate I am going this game could take me months for just one play through. I am exploring everything so no rushing for me. I hope others like what Obsidian has created as much as I do.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 10:54 am

I've spent more than an hour on the character creation screen. Smile

I must confess I was a bit lost with the new classes and races so I decided to keep it simple and create a human rogue (the game needs more portraits) loosely based on Cugel from the Eyes of the Overworld by Jack Vance basically a antihero who is definitely a scoundrel with many failings, few redeeming qualities but a stalwart persistence in the face of adversity. I gave him a maxed out (19 points) Resolve which hopefully will help and a solid 16 in both Dexterity and Perception with only 10 in Might and Constitution. I lowered Intellect to 8 which may have been a mistake but which I consider a valid roleplaying choice since my guy is definitely not a bookish or logical person but more about street smarts and a dogged determination. I did pick the Drifter background because it suited my character's concept like a glove. Smile

I really like the NPCs in this game. I've met three joinable NPCs (including the first one that joins you right at the start) and they feel like interesting characters which is more than can be said about most followers in the games I've been playing lately.

I like the fact that you can make your own custom followers, it's a great addition and I can imagine it can be absolutely great for replaying the game. I've added a female dwarf Fighter to my party and even if she doesn't speak I like to pretend she is bad tempered and sulky like a diminutive Shar Teel.

I'm playing on normal mode with the expert option so I'm basically playing it blind for my first run. I want to focus on the character and the story and not try and crunch numbers to get the "best" build or the optimal choices in quests and conversation so that way the game can feel much more natural.

So far I think the difficulty is fair. Going solo I had to be extra careful with the fights I'd pick. With a party of four things are becoming easier but certainly not to the point that I can just waltz around and expect to get through a fight without paying attention.

Can't wait to get back in the game. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pillars of Eternity
Page 7 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next