Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Pillars of Eternity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Pillars of Eternity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Pillars of Eternity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Pillars of Eternity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Pillars of Eternity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Pillars of Eternity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Pillars of Eternity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Pillars of Eternity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Pillars of Eternity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Pillars of Eternity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Pillars of Eternity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Pillars of Eternity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Pillars of Eternity

Go down 
+4
RYUchan
DanielCoffey
dragoniguana
Kana
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

Pillars of Eternity - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 2:31 pm

Laughing I have to force myself to stop playing in order to tend to personal needs.I just want to keep playing not to rush through but because there is so much oing on. Who am I, exactly what is the role of a Watcher? Just that is a nice change from the super hero of so many games. The campanions are very interesting although there doesn't seem to be any interaction among them at least so far. I should have made my fighter a dwarf but instead he is human. I didn't have the guts to play expert mode but did turn off some of the things.

Hokay, break time over, game time now. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 5:15 pm

It's nice to see you're enjoying this game so much (and you're not alone, this is a true spiritual sequel to all the great games we used to play back in the late 90s).

I'm not entirely sold on the watcher thing, I'm waiting to see where it takes us first. I have to say it's less heavy handed than most "chosen one" scenarios (but that a very common feature in CRPGs).

The writing is incredibly good, it's definitely a strong point. Especially when it comes to characters. Calisca for instance is a really nice character to have around.

Spoiler:

Spoiler: just after the first dungeon.
Back to top Go down
https://bellesakurasaloon.frenchboard.com
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 10:24 pm

That surprised me. I finally found my in[game fighter so battles have improved some. I think the Watcher is rather complicated, a cross between bhaalpawn and Planescape/Torment. I wonder if your character couuuld go mad. Depending on choices you make. You may have a really good character to explore the world since he is mainly just interested in ewhat he can get for himself. Good character choice I think. I am trying to keep my character neutral but caring, helpful but not passionate. Rational and honest mainly. Not sure that is the right choice as the world is not rational or honest. I haven't found a rogue character to fill out my party so that could be tricky.

So far I have had only one minor bug. My character started running in place but I hit the X button and she stopped and then did what she was supposed to do.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 11:01 pm

You can recruit an extra custom made character (or several) at the tavern for a fee. Classes don't appear to be too restrictive. So far my Rogue seems to be more of a sneak attacker, i.e. a dirty fighter (which is fine by me).

As for quests, I love the way they are designed to challenge preconceived notions. A holier than thou pally would keep hitting brick walls everywhere. Pillars of Eternity - Page 8 900908 I'm just loving it. Smile

I don't know how to phrase it exactly but the game feels right if you get my meaning.

I assume it will go over some people's heads but I hope it gathers enough recognition so that it can become the first game in a series.
Back to top Go down
Kana
Catnip Purveyor
Kana

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 11:50 pm

I'm really loving the game so far, particularly how your character's stats and reputation come into play with almost everything you do. I haven't got very far into the game, yet, though. I've already got a case of restart-itis.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 1:13 am

As a chronic restarter I can totally relate which is why I've tried to pick a main character that fits my role playing style (going for the shady, mostly self-serving and disreputable scoundrel). I'm not saying I haven't been tempted to start over as a female godlike paladin with a fiery sword or that I didn't think about creating a dwarf druid but it does help.

So far it seems to me that all the stats have their uses. I've always hated "dump" stats in CRPGs so I really appreciate this.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 12:45 pm

According to developer statements they tried to make it so there was no such thing as a bad build.

I finally hired a rogue, female Orlan level two. Rogues are important in this game at least give some rogue abilities to your character. So I think your rogue character is a good idea. One think I think I would have liked is if they had separated look for hidden things from stealth. Have you tried chatting with your companions? I have only done a little.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 1:56 pm

My understanding is that the scouting mode is for both stealth and trap/hidden objects detection. I don't really mind since it seems to me to be better that way with only a few skills that come into play more often instead of an entire page of skills that end up being useless except on a few occasions.

What I like is that it is a clever way to streamline things without making them one dimensional. There is still room for builds but they've cut out the fat so to speak.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 2:21 pm

You have a point. I like that every class can wear a variety of armour although some is better than others.

I am finding the Watcher power to commune with ghosts and see old memories quite interesting. Hard to hide things from a Watcher.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 10:45 am

The complexity of the story theme amazes me. I knew that magic was based on the soul but Obsidian has taken a very controversial and complex subject and in my opinion dealt with it brilliantly. Religion and morality are not easy topics to handle. I think they have shown the ambivalent and complex feelings, opinions, reactions of humanoids extremely well. How they will end it I have no idea; Don't want to know until I finish my first play through.
Back to top Go down
Sue77
Enlightened Viewer
Sue77

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 11:31 am

Ooh.... I so want this game!!!

cat
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 11:37 am

Sue77 wrote:
Ooh.... I so want this game!!!

cat

Green Man Gaming has a nice discount in the VIP section. Wink

The game is so good I'm sure it will help you with your recovery and you don't even need a prescription. cheers
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 6:05 pm

Very Happy Sue will love this game.  However if she gets as adicted as I am that may not help her.  I find I have to force myself to eat, sleep and take care of personal needs.  Plus April is a doctor's mont as I have to see them all and that will annoy me mightily.  The interesting thing is I am in no rush to finish the game it is the game itself I love.

PS: dom't forget to talk to your companions.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 7:05 pm

Nakia the Rogue wrote:
PS: dom't forget to talk to your companions.

How do I do that? I've been looking for that option for quite some time now.

I don't want to rush things either since the first run is always special. I don't mind not having the "perfect" build for my first game (I think I may not have picked the best talents but hopefully it won't cripple my party).
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 10:25 pm

Hokay, I PMed what I hope are understandable instruction. I found it by accident. Bet you have companions that want to chat with you. Smile
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 11:45 pm

Thanks Nakia, I'll be sure to give it a try. Smile
Back to top Go down
Kana
Catnip Purveyor
Kana

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 12:32 am

There's a "Talk to..." icon in the ability bar (above the character portrait) for party members you can talk to. I see Nakia PMed you, but someone else might find that info of use, too. It's a bit counter-intuitive, but once you get used to it, it kind of makes sense, since we don't have a "talk" action button for the PC like we did in the infinity engine games.

I've now recruited a character named Kana. Obsidian also had a character named Kana in NWN2. Chanter seems like a fun class. My current character is a ranger. I have a thing for classes with animal companions.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 1:08 am

Thanks, Kana, I had already sent the PM when I saw this and am rather tired. I noticed the name, I think maybe one of the lead devs has a special liking for the name Kana. Won't type much too tired.

There is also a very small chat button on the portrait itself, right upper corner. Easy to miss but I had already gotten use to checking for those little things. Sometimes having a vision problem I look very carefully for things and click on buttons to see what they will do. Smile

Goodnight.
Back to top Go down
Kana
Catnip Purveyor
Kana

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 1:51 am

Yes, the chat button appears on the character portrait when they want to talk to progress their quest. I find all the party members interesting, so far.

The stronghold system in this game absolutely puts Dragon Age: Inquisition to shame. Bioware promised so much, and delivered so little, with Skyhold. The number of options for PoE's stronghold is staggering by comparison.

Goodnight, Nakia.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 7:34 am

Good morning All.

Yes, Kana, the Stronghold is amazing. I have just started on it. It is a game in a game by itself. I have already had two attacks. One I set to auto-combat which cost me 1000 cps and the other I did manually and the knight I hired came out and helped us. Fun. The three extra party members I had are all out on their own little adventures. Obsidian has blown other stronghold features out of to oblivion including those in the orginal Infinity games.

I am absolutely amazed at the creative writing that has gone into this game. I feel as if I have truly stepped into a living interactive book. The only thing I am not happy with is the voice acting. What has been done is good but I feel that it is incomplete. Either too much or too little. Just woke up so not sure I can explain what I mean.

Obsidian has for me created the game of my dreams, the game of the century, my century Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 3:13 pm

Good evening ladies.

Kana is awesome. Wink

I haven't unlocked the stronghold yet in fact I haven't been able to play since I last posted here.

This game is absolutely fantastic, can't wait to play more tonight.

Quote :
Obsidian has for me created the game of my dreams, the game of the century, my century

This is not the first time Obsidian has made a great game but PoE definitely stands out.

Take care Nakia. Smile
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 2:50 pm

Obsidian is know for its story telling but this time they have out done themselves. Trust no one, yourself the least of all.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 9:12 pm

I know I am being redundant but I can't help it. This game constantly amazes me. Even what I assume will be a simple task takes on surprising quirks. Very Happy None of the fetch and carry junk for PoE.
Back to top Go down
Nakia the Rogue
Janitor
Nakia the Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2015 12:03 pm

Cara, you can have more than one game going. The saves are under the player character name. I believe that autosaves do overwwrite each other but otherwise the two or more are completely independent.
Back to top Go down
Carabas
Pole Dancer Impersonator
Carabas

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2015 5:04 pm

Good to know. Smile

I won't start a second game right now, I've managed to stick to one character and I like my guy. I will probably take advantage of custom portraits for my second game. A female Godlike fire paladin sounds like fun. Pillars of Eternity - Page 8 592209

The game should be patched tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pillars of Eternity   Pillars of Eternity - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pillars of Eternity
Page 8 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next