Renegades of the Internet come discuss your favourite games, voice acting, technicalities and other topics on our forum.

HomeRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 45 on Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:14 pm
Latest topics
» Getting rid of Windows -- Blood's list of Linux distros
Your Friend in Texas - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:24 am

» My LFS/Linux from Scratch journey
Your Friend in Texas - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:43 pm

» Gentoo Linux: The best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be
Your Friend in Texas - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon May 29, 2023 12:34 pm

» Breaking free from Windows
Your Friend in Texas - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:09 pm

» BSS RPG -- Discussion & OOC
Your Friend in Texas - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:54 pm

» Might and Magic 6 7 8 Merged
Your Friend in Texas - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:03 pm

» Stardew Valley
Your Friend in Texas - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Blood Red Eagle Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:57 pm

» Wasteland 3 Beta -- Hot thoughts
Your Friend in Texas - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:58 pm

» Fallout Et Tu
Your Friend in Texas - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:58 pm

» Prometheus Wept
Your Friend in Texas - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:20 pm

» Wasteland 2
Your Friend in Texas - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:10 pm

» Darkest Dungeon 2
Your Friend in Texas - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Carabas Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

Statistics
We have 43 registered users
The newest registered user is Eastoni

Our users have posted a total of 29477 messages in 708 subjects
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Your Friend in Texas

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Mr. K
Visitor
Mr. K

Your Friend in Texas - Page 8 Empty
PostYour Friend in Texas

Howdy from Texas, All Y'all!

OK, enough Fake TexSpeek.

This is a Blog like Topic, I will post a few things that I am thinking about. My intention is to have a general Conversation with all of you. I don't intend this to be about Gaming, Modding or Voice Acting, this is for stuff that doesn't fit any where else here in the Saloon.

If you have questions or comments about anything posted here, well that is what this is, a conversation.

If you want to talk about something not mentioned here, well this is the place, I will talk about what ever, so go ahead and jump in.

This Conversation will not be about anything Political, or very controversial, if we want to talk about Politics, there are a lot of very well run Political WebSites run by some very well educated, Political Historians, and Political Scientist, and they do their homework before saying anything. I may mention something, but I don't want to get deep into stuff like that.

I will use the Spoiler function to save space in overly long Post, I get way too long winded a lot, so if you want to read the long version, just click on the Spoiler tag. See below:

Well after that, I will tell you a little about me:

Spoiler:

Your Friend in Texas

Next up is about my Family

Link to a Video of 10 hours of rain and thunder, (just to have a place to hold the link). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ9OWMsJBTk&feature=player_detailpage

Last edited by Mr. K on Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:05 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://home.comcast.net/~rogerk281/site/?/blog/
Share this post on: reddit

Your Friend in Texas :: Comments

Mr. K
Re: Your Friend in Texas
Post Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:37 pm by Mr. K
Hi Nakia, my Amaryllis Friend;

Here in this part of Texas, and all along the Gulf Coast, we just plant them, and never dig them up. But in colder areas, they, like most Bulb plants, will freeze and die, but for light freezes, they will recover fine in the Spring. For Cold areas, what is recommended, is to dig them up before the 1st frost, trim all the leaves, and store them in a cool, dark, and dry place, kind of like potatoes, and after there is little chance of a freeze, then they can be replanted. The blooms can stay on, or you can cut them back, it is up to you, the plant will do fine ether way. If some leaves die, or as the bloom dies back, you can trim them off, but you don't have too.

There are a lot of places that have a big clump of Amaryllis growing in a spot that you can tell no one is tending them at all. But without regular watering, and fertilizing, they will bloom, but not nearly as much.

Here is my big clump in my front yard. I need to dig it up and break apart the bulbs.
Your Friend in Texas - Page 8 Imag0281k

Here is another one, this one is not as old, and is just one bulb.
Your Friend in Texas - Page 8 Imag0282mk
I just went out and took the images.

Your Friend in Texas
Nakia the Rogue
Post Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:01 am by Nakia the Rogue
Thanks, Mr. K,

I have some other bulb plants and we never dig them up. Tiger Lilies grown wild in New Jersey and New York but I couldn't get mine to grow. Mark bought fertilizer for them and some potting soil. He likes to garden and will probably start a vegetable garden in the back. Very Happy Home grown tomatoes.

A friend of his died last night. They were school mates. They were also in a band together and the friend went on to join Cool and the Gang. Seems he developed a drinking problem.

Have a great Easter.
Nakia
Mr. K
Post Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:52 pm by Mr. K
Hi Everybody;

I had a nice long Weekend, with the Easter Holiday. My 2 Girls came home. Kim and Casey cooked some good food, to go along with the Ribs, my Wife fixed, Yum! Katie was home, and her Boyfriend came over for the big meal, and stayed for several hours. It was very nice to have 6 of us around the table, and in the kitchen. After we ate, I chased everybody out of the kitchen and did a massive load of dishes, I did not want any "help", they would have put things in the wrong places, and none of them are very good at getting the dishes clean, my job.

And when everybody was off doing the other things they do here in Houston, I took time to play Planet Side 2. I am part of a big Platoon, and I made at least 250 "Cap" Points just this weekend. The leaders of this Platoon are not into the big set battles that rage for days at a time, with few points, and if Capturing a place gets too slow, they move on to easier pickings. More points, and I need points. I haven't spent any money on PS2, and I want to get some better gear with my points instead of spending real money. If my Wife is not around, or is doing something out of the room, I use my VAing set-up to talk to everybody, that adds a lot of fun to the game. I can drive any of the ground vehicles, without any trouble, but flying is something I will have to spend some serious time learning. I thought the flying would be not too hard to learn, after-all I am an ex-Pilot, that flew several small aircraft types, but the controls for PS2 Aircraft are very different.

If you like to play PS2, you can look for me on the Helios Server, playing for the Vanu, as MrK281C. I am MrK281A on Connery, as a NC, and MrK281B on Waterson, playing for the TR. Most of the time, I am on Helios playing my C version. Send me a Friend request, and we can play together, Fun.

Your Friend in Texas
Nakia the Rogue
Post Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:35 pm by Nakia the Rogue
Sounds like you had a fun weekend. When I get back to playing PS 2 I will look you up.
Lndf117
Post Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:05 pm by Lndf117
And as i said in the other thread, i have Tellsworth for TR on waterson, Tethras for NC on Waterson, and Calco for VS on Helios.
Nakia the Rogue
Post Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:24 pm by Nakia the Rogue
Hi Mr. K, here is a picture of my baby Amaryllis.
[img]Your Friend in Texas - Page 8 A4bf5f77-de18-41ff-86b6-fc83ce6acec6[/img]
Mr. K
Post Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:08 am by Mr. K
Hi Nakia;

Nice Amaryllis, and I like the Ficus in the background. I have several Ficus on my patio.

Your Friend in Texas
Lndf117
Post Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:30 am by Lndf117
Mr K, you said you used to read a lot of science fiction, have you ever read any warhammer 40k books?
Mr. K
Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:26 pm by Mr. K
Hi Nakia;

I don't think I have never read any of the Warhammer Books, but looking at B&N, there are a lot of books and games in the Warhammer Universe. I may have to take a look.

I read a Science Fiction book this weekend, it was the 1st from a new author: Teriance Viernion, The Undiscovered Journey. It is a War in Space kind of story, but told in an interesting way. Each character, in a scene, has a section that is their viewpoint and stream of thought for what is going on at the time, interesting way to tell a story. It's a far future kind of story, and I like more of a Hard Science Fiction story, that works with what could be done now or in the near future, with the technology we have now. But this story was very good, after you figure out what is going on. The Undiscovered Journey is part of a series of books, and when I finished reading it, I looked for the next one, but alas, it is the 1st, and it was just published, so it will be a wile before the next one comes out.

Your Friend in Texas
Lndf117
Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:00 pm by Lndf117
oh. I have only read one warhammer 40k book that i can think of, http://www.blacklibrary.com/ was giving away free e-books to celebrate that they had e-books. Most of the scifi books that i have read recently were part of the halo series. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_(series) The books are interesting though mainly intended for fans of the series. Although a lot of the books, if read in the right order could probably make sense to someone that doesn't play the games. Halo: the flood is actually a novel based on halo:CE(the first halo game) for example.
Carabas
Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:41 pm by Carabas
If you enjoy this sort of narration then you should read The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins (if you haven't already) it's regarded as one of the first detective novels in the English language. It's very enjoyable and I can only recommend The Woman in White as well. Nineteenth century literature can be very entertaining.
Sue77
Post Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:00 pm by Sue77
A Sci-Fi book that may appeal to all three of you is Revelation Space by Alastair Reynolds.

It has technological aspects that relate to AI, body/mind modification and Quantum physics. It also works as a manner of thriller where the reader is drawn into an exciting narrative that incorporates Sci-fi style detection, deduction and intrigue. In addition, one of the central characters is an assassin and her 'work' made me think of computer/video games.

I found it a really good read. It's the first in a trilogy, but I've not been able to get hold of the other 2 books yet.

cat
Mr. K
Post Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:56 pm by Mr. K
Hi Everybody;

OK, I have not been here in a few days, I had a lot of things to do that did not involve my PC, and I played a lot of Planet Side 2.
I read another story on-line;
Your Friend in Texas - Page 8 Redsky
"In the Stormy Red Sky" by David Drake, is the 7th book in the RCN Series. It is a lot of fun, and a good read. The RCN Series of books, are a Space Opera kind of continuing story, it is best to start with the 1st book, "With the Lightnings", but any of the stories will stand by itself. This is not Hard Science Fiction, but it is fun to read. Any David Drake book will be a good read, and I recommend them all.

Actually I have not finished "In the Stormy Red Sky", I read it in the Free Baen Library, and it only had the 1st 7 chapters in the free form, so to finish it I need to buy the E-Book. I guess I will buy it, $6.99 for the E-Book version... Hummm...
Your Friend in Texas - Page 8 511346 Or I could go down the the local library, they have it in Hardback, that will be easier to read than the smaller paperback version, but the E-Book version is easier to read on my computer screen. OK I am on my way to the Freeman Library to check the book out. It will save me $6.99, and I like Free. In the Baen Free Library, there are a lot of Free books you can read all of the book, but some of the newer books are just partial books to get you to buy the whole book, good marketing, and if you read some of a book, and don't like it enough to buy it, you don't have too. And a lot of Science Fiction is in Public Libraries, so check the on-line catalogs of your local libraries, and it is possible they have a on-line, or digital version of a book you want to read.

Your Friend in Texas

Link to Baen Free Library:
http://www.baenebooks.com/c-1-free-library.aspx?__utma=222178315.2115200202.1364179028.1365778198.1365780060.7&__utmb=222178315.5.10.1365780060&__utmc=222178315&__utmx=-&__utmz=222178315.1364876232.3.2.utmcsr=baenebooks.com|utmccn=%28referral%29|utmcmd=referral|utmcct=/10.1125/Baen/0671721216/bncontrol.htm&__utmv=-&__utmk=151628602[/url]
Sue77
Post Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:11 pm by Sue77
This site may interest some members:

http://dailysciencefiction.com/

You can sign up to receive a short story via email each day - costs nothing and I've enjoyed those I've received so far.

cat
Mr. K
Post Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:20 am by Mr. K
Hi Sue;

Thanks Sue, I bookmarked the Daily Science Fiction page. I will definitely read some of the stories there.

On other news, We are getting a Puppy tomorrow. We have to get out the door by 0430, to get there by 0900. It is just a timing solution for meeting the lady that we are getting the Puppy from. She has a Horse show that she has to be at by 0900, and late tomorrow afternoon when she will be done with that, we are going to be in Waco to hear Katie sing in a concert at Baylor. We could have waited till Sunday, but then we would have had to ether drive back to Houston, or stay in a Hotel. The Dog is in Arlington, Texas, about an hour from Waco, so we are going to go get the Dog, and go to be with Katie, and the Dog can stay with her roommate for 2 or 3 hours, for the concert, and then we will drive back to Houston. All the driving will be hard, about 8 hours, 4 to 4.5 to get to Arlington, and about and about 1.5 hours south to Waco, and about 3.5 hours late that night to get back home. It will be OK. I can do it.

Now I got to hit the Rack, if I was asleep now I would have about 6.5 hours of sleep, and I still have some things to do before bedtime.

Pictures tomorrow! Hold on there Pardner! Not tomorrow, I will be driving, how about Sunday?

Your Driving in Texas Friend
Nakia the Rogue
Post Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:29 am by Nakia the Rogue
Sunday is fine, Mr. K. Smile After you get some rest and play with puppy some.

Nakia
Mr. K
Post Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:44 am by Mr. K
Rest. that would be good to have before a long day of driving, but it is 2235 (10:35pm), and I still got to take a shower before I sleep. It looks like 5 hours of sac time, before my phone alarm screams at me.

Let's Go! Let's Go! Get out of the shower already, it's my turn!!!

A Friend of Yours, that will be getting a Puppy a quarter of the way across Texas on not enough sleep. So if you don't hear from me by Monday, I may have driven into a ditch, or a Barbed Wire Fence, or maybe gotten arrested for driving wile blind. Your Friend in Texas - Page 8 296311
Nakia the Rogue
Post Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:32 am by Nakia the Rogue
Mr. K, if I don't hear from you by Monday I will now be hysterical. Drive carefully. No ditches, trees etc.
Sue77
Post Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:00 am by Sue77
I can't wait to see some pics of your new puppy Mr K. I can feel your excitement all the way over here!

cat
Nakia the Rogue
Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:58 am by Nakia the Rogue
Sorry, Mr. K, I couldn't post the picture for you. I am having problems with Verizon once again. It keeps telling me I don't have an active account. Sunday Mark is taking me to Radio Shack to get the same phone he has. For Forty dollars I can get much much more than I have with Verizon for a little over Forty dollars including Internet availability. The phone itself is only around Forty. Sounds good to me and Mark is familiar with it so can set it up for me. Very Happy

I hope you had a good trip and lots of fun and I am looking forward to seeing pictures of your puppies. What about a video?

Nakia
Sue77
Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:10 am by Sue77
Puppies?!?!

Is there more than one coming home with you Mr K???

cat
Nakia the Rogue
Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:22 am by Nakia the Rogue
oops, mea culpa, I used the plural. No I think just one. A Standard Poodle. Wish I could have retrieved the picture.
Nakia
Mr. K
Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:16 pm by Mr. K
Your Friend in Texas - Page 8 Imag0290k
Say Hi to Charley!
Mr. K
Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:24 pm by Mr. K
Hi Everybody;

Katie took this image, and for some reason, she sent it to my phone in low resolution.
I saw it on her phone, and I know it is hi rez, so I need to ask her to send it in full rez.
Your Friend in Texas - Page 8 100mediaimag2108

Your Friend in Texas
Mr. K
Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:36 pm by Mr. K
Another Picture, but not of Charley;

Your Friend in Texas - Page 8 Imag0289lb
This is the same place in a park in Waco, Katie and I where trying to get pictures of Charley in a patch of Bluebonnets. I did get this with a Bee feeding on the Bluebonnets. The Bluebonnet is the State Flower of Texas, and at this time of year, you can see them blooming along many highways.

Your Friend in Texas
Post  by Sponsored content

Your Friend in Texas

Page 8 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next